HRE Wheel Finish Quality-Poor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 01:14 AM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
That sucks, hehe. hehe.

Maybe Plastidip after you scrape all the loose stuff off?
Perhaps. Plastidip wouldn't be as ghetto as the current finish. Much more durable too.

What kind if issues did you have with yours?
Old 07-18-2019, 01:22 AM
Cheshi143
Pro

Received 284 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
I make a thread for advice and awareness and I get oversensitive posts and replies like this one right here. By fanboys who are overly attached to inanimate objects. I'm the "****ing disrespectful idiot". What are you? Coming in and telling me to move on... Huh? Just because it's an HRE it can't possibly have flaws and defects apparently. What if it's not Wheels Boutiques fault?

Time is valuable sonny. Unless Wheels Boutique is willing to come across the country to take my car to have the wheels dismounted, and remounted.. There's nothing they can do other than send me some $$$ which I doubt they'd do... Either way, nothing can compensate the downtime of the car and going back and forth to a shop.

The real question is... Why are you so mad?
No anger here. This thread did not even get to the fourth reply before you assumed a condescending tone and disrespectfully replied to those who you asked for advice. You then began to challenge more than one respondent regarding what wheels they have had, with again a negative tone.

There is the possibility of getting the finish on the wheels repaired right on the car. I have seen it happen many times and I was even a successful recipient of such repair when I had a wheel damaged at Porsche (not an HRE, but a Vorsteiner).

The dealer brought out a portable wheel repair company that not only repaired a chunk they took out of the lip with the vehicle lift, but he matched the finish identically and I consider myself to be a pretty picky guy. This may not be the optimal solution for your situation, but it may be one. Give the guys who sold you the wheels the opportunity to make good ad see what happens.

At the end of the day, there could be a flaw in the process of your original wheel finish. Since the guys at WB have sold more of those wheels than anyone else on the planet, they should be able to assess the situation and come up with a solution.
The following users liked this post:
good2go (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 01:24 AM
Psorcery
Banned

Originally Posted by Cheshi143
No anger here. This thread did not even get to the fourth reply before you assumed a condescending tone and disrespectfully replied to those who you asked for advice. You then began to challenge more than one respondent regarding what wheels they have had, with again a negative tone.

There is the possibility of getting the finish on the wheels repaired right on the car. I have seen it happen many times and I was even a successful recipient of such repair when I had a wheel damaged at Porsche (not an HRE, but a Vorsteiner).

The dealer brought out a portable wheel repair company that not only repaired a chunk they took out of the lip with the vehicle lip, but he matched the finish identically and I consider myself to be a pretty picky guy. This may not be the optimal solution for your situation, but it may be one. Give the guys who sold you the wheels the opportunity to make good ad see what happens.

At the end of the day, there could be a flaw in the process of your original wheel finish. Since the guys at WB have sold more of those wheels than anyone else on the planet, they should be able to assess the situation and come up with a solution.
Okay, well thank you for your time and reply. That sounds plausible.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:39 AM
nilaz
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

The wheel in the photo needs to be repaired under warranty for sure.
something is wrong with paint.

Wheels where brand new or used Second hand?

Is the color the original or wheels have been repainted afterwards.?

I am sure David from wheelsboutigue will take care or you.
WheelsB (07-19-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 06:26 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

I'm the "****ing disrespectful idiot".
Correct.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:12 AM
Aatish
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

I haven't had issues on mine. Even after some decent miles.

HRE's pretty good about customer support.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:32 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 454 Likes on 293 Posts

We have HRE's on our Cayman. Finish is fantastic. HRE is here in Vista, CA, just a few miles from my house. It is a top-notch facility, and the owners are great folks. Have you tried contacting HRE directly?
Old 07-18-2019, 01:53 PM
eltoshan
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the FF01 in liquid silver, use them as my track wheels and the finish definitely doesn't seem very durable. At least it scuffs and chips rather easily.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:42 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Originally Posted by nilaz
The wheel in the photo needs to be repaired under warranty for sure.
something is wrong with paint.

Wheels where brand new or used Second hand?

Is the color the original or wheels have been repainted afterwards.?

I am sure David from wheelsboutigue will take care or you.
They were sold as "Like new, used on a GT3 for a photoshoot and removed". There were no marks on them. When I received them they were in brand new condition and looked like you could eat off of them. All the wheels except for one look to have a weak finish. I'm assuming the color was/is original as the bare metal is exposed underneath on all the wheels. Shows most where the front wheel looks to be "smudged".

I've initiated contact with WB. Thanks for the replies.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:04 PM
KP993
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 14 Posts

My friend also has similar issues with his flow form. He contacted HRE and HRE repainted the wheels or him.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:09 PM
GKGEIGER
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 78 Posts

It’s called quality control, I wouldn’t buy them.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:35 PM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,134 Likes on 1,462 Posts

I make a thread for advice and awareness and I get oversensitive posts and replies like this one right here. By fanboys who are overly attached to inanimate objects. I'm the "****ing disrespectful idiot". What are you? Coming in and telling me to move on... Huh? Just because it's an HRE it can't possibly have flaws and defects apparently. What if it's not Wheels Boutiques fault?

Time is valuable sonny. Unless Wheels Boutique is willing to come across the country to take my car to have the wheels dismounted, and remounted.. There's nothing they can do other than send me some $$$ which I doubt they'd do... Either way, nothing can compensate the downtime of the car and going back and forth to a shop.

The real question is... Why are you so mad?

Actually the real issue is why are you so immature in your posts? I've never seen a forum quite as full of puffed-out chests and bruised egos along with quick-to-namecall as Rennlist. Which is why I contribute less and less to it.

Your posts are inflammatory - and you certainly can be that way, but then don't get your feelings hurt when the replies come back just as testy.

No issues with my HRE's btw, best wheels I've ever owned.
good2go (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 05:44 PM
sr5959
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
Actually the real issue is why are you so immature in your posts? I've never seen a forum quite as full of puffed-out chests and bruised egos along with quick-to-namecall as Rennlist. Which is why I contribute less and less to it.

Your posts are inflammatory - and you certainly can be that way, but then don't get your feelings hurt when the replies come back just as testy.

I’ve been on Rennlist for about a month and I would say the opposite...I find the posters here to be very helpful to each other, intelligent, and quick to congratulate new 911 owners.

This thread is a bit of an exception from one or two posts but it seems to have calmed down and moved on.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:51 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Originally Posted by drcollie

Yes and you choose to continue to pile on. I've seen your posts before.. Not the brightest either as your mindset is stuck in the 20th century when it comes to giving car advice. Telling people they're going to lose power with an exhaust on a 991.2 and whatnot.. Whats your point here? Are you making yourself feel better?

I agree with you however. This forum is by far the worst across the internet. Perhaps it's the 991 section and everyone feels oh so fancy. I've got the latest and greatest 991. I'm cooler than you! At least we don't get to see deviated stitching threads anymore.

When there's a question asked in a forum. Don't freaking contribute if you've got nothing to contribute to the OP. Finger wagging doesn't get anywhere and lead to BS threads like this. They're all over the place here. I simply asked a question and got several answers from several people who contributed properly. But we also got one guy who likes to be the forum funny guy.. Chasing likes. Wishing me "GL".. Disappearing and reappearing to talk crap. Another guy coming out of nowhere pretty much telling me to shut up and move on. Also that nobody has ever had this issues.. Uhh what? I'm asking a simple question here and looking for simple replies. It took an evening of back and forth banter before he finally contributed like a normal human being and gave a proper answer. Would have been much better if that's what he posted in the very beginning instead of a passive aggressive post.

It's a forum for like minded enthusiasts to help each other. Why the bashing? Why the passive aggressive posts? Why hypocrites?

It's evident I'm not the only one whose had issues. Thanks for the bashing.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:54 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Originally Posted by sr5959
I’ve been on Rennlist for about a month and I would say the opposite...I find the posters here to be very helpful to each other, intelligent, and quick to congratulate new 911 owners.

This thread is a bit of an exception from one or two posts but it seems to have calmed down and moved on.
It's gotten better but far from good. Everyone wants to be right and "the man" here. Were you here when the 991.2 was released? It was a bloodbath.

Quick Reply: HRE Wheel Finish Quality-Poor?