Sponsored by:

Drove a GT4, Wow.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 11:59 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,019 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
981 GTS is also sorely underrated if one does more road driving than track driving, and is rare. Everyone ordered the GT4, as it was a phenomenal value proposition. 987.2 Boxster Spyder came close, but the GT4 finally got me off the fence to order a new Porsche.
Personally, I prefer the 981 GTS to the 981 GT4 - more neutral and with PASM, PTV and PDK a better all rounder. The 3.4l @ 340HP works well too, even has a better sound track than the GT4 if thats your thing.

I think the new GT4 will step it up a fair bit - if you look at the gearing relative to the new power curve, it will be nice and leggy with additional punch up top where there was none before.

The value of a new aero package and suspension upgrades is hard to assess at this stage, but I would say this Porsche are masters of both of these and thus its likely they will add up to more than the sum of the parts. Aero and suspension are very hard to do well in the aftermarket - so I think this will be significant.

I went over to the dark side as PDK is a requirement for me and picked up a new 991 II GT3 RS (pure fluke due to an ordered car falling through) - couldn't be happier - however, I do think the new GT4 will be excellent and it is evident that a quite a few 981 GT4 owners are missing the wood for the trees on this.

Quick Reply: Drove a GT4, Wow.