Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 05:52 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 708 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by 911boy
Thanks Moe. Do you use Opti at your shop?
We are quite fond of the nano ceramic coatings from CQuartz and use Professional and Finest Reserve. The system, and all its complementing product lineup and ease of use, makes it a great choice for us and a great hand-off to the client for home care
Old 07-17-2019, 07:13 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Had last two cars coated with Gtechniq and its brilliant. But both had stone chips, as it will not stop them.

However, I replaced my total loss Panamera with another a couple of weeks ago, and still being miserable I declined coating and film. Stupid - considering I have GAP insurance to full list price and it wasn't my fault so my insurance excess was returned etc.

I coated it with FK100P, which is great stuff, but ..

The new car already has a stone chip. So very stupid.

I would suggest, film on the nose as a minimum.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:55 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

The final product - front covered in Premium Shield PPF and the complete car, wheels (spokes, barrels and calipers) in Ceramic Pro. Re-did the frunk lid due to the two rock-rips in the PPF. Now to see how it holds up.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:44 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
When we’re ever doing a warranty claim, our reps always ask us how the client is maintaining their car. If we let them know we applied a nano coating, client has a proper wash/maintenance routine and applying a proper protective spray sealant, the element of poor home care is taken off the table.

You don’t have to nano the ppf, but it WILL prolong life of film, make maintenance easier, and keep the aesthetics aspect of the film as close to new as possible.

and nano coatings applied to film don’t need to cost an arm and leg and if proper brand chosen, DIY can apply it at home. So, no argument needed that “the pros” are taking your money and only they can apply it 🤙
Do you ever use Opti-Rinse?
Old 07-17-2019, 03:49 PM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
The final product - front covered in Premium Shield PPF and the complete car, wheels (spokes, barrels and calipers) in Ceramic Pro. Re-did the frunk lid due to the two rock-rips in the PPF. Now to see how it holds up.
interesting front plate mount.. is that legal?

and wow that is a lot of stickers!!

Quick Reply: PP Film or Ceramic coating...