Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reinstallation of "PORSCHE" badges on the rear bumper doesn't have to be awful [video

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 10:32 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Reinstallation of "PORSCHE" badges on the rear bumper doesn't have to be awful [video

A few years ago I created a template which we have used to reinstall the individual "PORSCHE" badges for 991 rear bumpers. The purpose was to consistently and precisely space the badges exactly as they were when a car leaves the factory. This is important because when installing pre-cut PPF on the 991 rear bumpers, the gaps/seams/reliefs for the badges look awful and leave room for wearing/damage on the paint. So we remove the badges, send them off to be refinished/tape reinstalled with computer cut patterns and install the rear bumper PPF without literal and unsightly holes in the protective film.

In the following video I explain some of these nuances along with the benefits of this method when also coating the surface. To me it's pretty typical stuff but some folks have ask how we do this process and I hope the video helps out with that.

I hope y'all enjoy!

Old 06-06-2019, 02:14 PM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 454 Likes on 293 Posts

Nice work!
Old 04-02-2021, 04:09 PM
Ktweber
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The video is no longer available - can you update or send? I have an AC issue, would love to at least troubleshoot it myself with help from the video.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 04-02-2021, 04:14 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,068 Likes on 1,284 Posts

Originally Posted by Ktweber
The video is no longer available - can you update or send? I have an AC issue, would love to at least troubleshoot it myself with help from the video.

Thanks,
Kevin
It's available from where I sit, in the USA. Are you in another country, by chance?

edit - after posting this and the page refreshed, the embed endpoint at youtube failed. Weird

The direct link is here, and continues to work: youtube.com/watch?v=hX3e4yz6U7A

Quick Reply: Reinstallation of "PORSCHE" badges on the rear bumper doesn't have to be awful [video