Need for battery Trickle charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 06:02 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,046 Likes on 590 Posts

One thing we forgot to mention earlier that might help some of you if your trying to monitor your battery and figure out how it's performing is that we do make a Bluetooth Battery Tracker as well. Essentially it will let you monitor your real time voltage and track that voltage for 30 days using an app on your cell phone or tablet. It syncs the data to the app whenever your device comes within 30 feet of the car and while it wouldn't necessarily help Nothingtoc directly monitor the voltage while he's away it could be used to get a better idea of what parasitic draw exists and how fast the battery is discharged over time. In addition the app can be set to prompt you with alerts for low voltage or cranking as well as perform charging and cranking tests. Please feel free to check out the Lithium or Lead/Acid options we offer and let us know if you have any questions.
- chad@antigravitybattteries.com
Old 05-22-2019, 11:19 PM
Ira Blumberg
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

In a warm climate, 4-5 weeks of non-use should be no problem at all for a new battery in good condition. I lived in Toronto for a winter and parked my 991.2 in a somewhat heated garage. I let the car sit for a month, drove it 1 day and then let it sit again for almost 2 months. When I did get back to it, the car said the battery was low and suggested driving for a while to recharge it. I did so and everything was just fine. A tender is good for peace of mind, but likely not necessary in your current circumstances.

Quick Reply: Need for battery Trickle charger