Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine air filter replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 06:01 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 510 Posts

Aw heck since this just popped up on my feed I'll just drop this here in case anyone is doing a filter change on a 991.2. Agree with the comments above after having done this that it looks scarier than it is, but you don't realize it until after you've actually done it that it's not that bad. It's just a lot of steps and you don't want to miss a single one when you're putting it all back together. I learned the hard way. But yes also it's a great opportunity to bond with your car and appreciate the masterful engineering albeit not designed for the casual DIYer.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:04 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 139 Posts

I'm not gonna stupidly reply "you could have done it yourself and saved $500". I get it. Some jobs you can't or won't wanna do, depending on location, which body part hurts that day, level of interest in doing the work, skillset etc... Hell a monkey could replace spark plugs but I didn't wanna do it and lie on my back on the garage floor in winter and risk cross threading something...

But honestly, as far as painful jobs go, this is *not* one of them. Try it next time. +1 on post right above.

You can do it from a garage stool (or sitting on a skateboard) and roll around the rear bumper, no contorsions, no "under the car" action, it's probably the easiest yet most impressive job you can do on the car - it does look like a grenade exploded with the bumper/tail lights/spoiler off - but it's simply a few screws and plugs - if I can't mess that up no one can !

Last edited by Greg D.; 08-17-2021 at 06:05 PM.

Quick Reply: engine air filter replacement