Sponsored by:

991.2 SharkWerks Exhaust - input

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 01:16 AM
basic666
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by zunayed
I have SOUL sport cats and I ordered the SharkWerks exhaust last week. I’ll make a video when I receive it, but it’ll probably be potato quality as I’ll be recording with my iPhone. Maybe someone can point me towards a cheap but decent audio recorder on amazon?
give these guys a try, i have them and they are great. would be amazing if you can do a before and after...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015R0IQGW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015R0IQGW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 05-10-2019, 01:16 AM
basic666
Racer

Originally Posted by Dan@SharkWerks
I can let you know the next time a car is here for one of these exhausts to be installed, but we do not have one here every day.
dan i have been following the exhausts since first development, and have been bugging you guys to hear it locally forever... whens the ETA?
Old 05-10-2019, 12:47 PM
mglane83
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Placed my order earlier today. Dan was patient with and answered thoroughly all my many questions. I’m really looking forward to my shark parts’ arrival!
Old 05-10-2019, 01:04 PM
Dan@SharkWerks
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by basic666
dan i have been following the exhausts since first development, and have been bugging you guys to hear it locally forever... whens the ETA?
Drop me an email and I can also let you know when we do one again. We have only installed a couple locally so far but it's hard to keep track of all the people requesting this. I am not sure when the next one is but I can try to coordinate.
Phone: 510-651-0300
Email: dan@sharkwerks.com

SharkWerks' Latest Updates on Twitter
Old 05-10-2019, 03:05 PM
HalfMoon
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan@SharkWerks
Drop me an email and I can also let you know when we do one again. We have only installed a couple locally so far but it's hard to keep track of all the people requesting this. I am not sure when the next one is but I can try to coordinate.
Add me to the list and PM me an install price as we discussed when I was in getting my Girodisc rotors.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:51 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by mglane83
Placed my order earlier today. Dan was patient with and answered thoroughly all my many questions. I’m really looking forward to my shark parts’ arrival!
Alex and Dan both are amazing with their communication, patience and customer service
Old 05-15-2019, 06:44 PM
drphalanges
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a slightly used Sharkwerks Sport Exhaust for 991.2 with PSE to sell if you guys are interested. It has about 700 miles on it. I just posted it on Marketplace but this thread seemed relevant so I wanted to let you guys know.

Here is a quick review and why I’m selling the exhaust.

I have a 2019 991.2 with PSE with manual transmission. I drive my car daily, around 30-50 miles a day, in LA traffic, highway and local roads. As with all of you, I wanted to get some more sound out of the car, not necessarily more hp, and preordered the exhaust as soon as I heard Sharkwerks was working on it. Buying experience was phenomenal, by the way.

I can’t comment on the installation since I got it done at a local shop in SoCal that was recommended by Sharkwerks.

The exhaust does increase the exhaust note in both non-sport (maybe around 30%) and sport modes (~50%) in my non-scientific hearing test. Pops and bangs in sport mode is a lot more aggressive and I can actually “feel” the pops in my back. However, there is an increased base note between 1.2k to 2.8k rpm range that eventually tired my ears out over the three weeks I had the exhaust. Some people will call it droning, some will just say it’s just natural enhanced exhaust note. And since I have the OEM exhaust back now, I do hear the same base note but it’s so subtle that it’s almost unnoticeable. My wife thought it was just louder and didn’t mind the base note that I mentioned. Maybe I’m just extra sensitive.

Again, Sharkwerks exhaust is louder in general and sounds fantastic above that rpm range and I wish I could drive the car all the time above 3k rpm but it’s just not possible when you are always driving in and out of downtown LA through traffic and highway cruising.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:00 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Not to rain on anyone's parade but all these manufacturers are selling is muffler delete kits or smaller mufflers. Not rocket science.

They all sound the same and the hp gains are negligible. Its truly fascinating how many people foam at the mouth over a brand name. This is the tale for 991.2 cars.. 991.1 is a different story.

Why pay a premium because of a certain NAME?

Think smarter.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:25 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drphalanges
I have a slightly used Sharkwerks Sport Exhaust for 991.2 with PSE to sell if you guys are interested. It has about 700 miles on it. I just posted it on Marketplace but this thread seemed relevant so I wanted to let you guys know.

I have a 2019 991.2 with PSE with manual transmission. I drive my car daily, around 30-50 miles a day, in LA traffic, highway and local roads. As with all of you, I wanted to get some more sound out of the car, not necessarily more hp, and preordered the exhaust as soon as I heard Sharkwerks was working on it. Buying experience was phenomenal, by the way.

I can’t comment on the installation since I got it done at a local shop in SoCal that was recommended by Sharkwerks.

The exhaust does increase the exhaust note in both non-sport (maybe around 30%) and sport modes (~50%) in my non-scientific hearing test. Pops and bangs in sport mode is a lot more aggressive and I can actually “feel” the pops in my back. However, there is an increased base note between 1.2k to 2.8k rpm range that eventually tired my ears out over the three weeks I had the exhaust. Some people will call it droning, some will just say it’s just natural enhanced exhaust note. And since I have the OEM exhaust back now, I do hear the same base note but it’s so subtle that it’s almost unnoticeable. My wife thought it was just louder and didn’t mind the base note that I mentioned. Maybe I’m just extra sensitive.

Again, Sharkwerks exhaust is louder in general and sounds fantastic above that rpm range and I wish I could drive the car all the time above 3k rpm but it’s just not possible when you are always driving in and out of downtown LA through traffic and highway cruising.
Good review, I don’t daily yet but I do want it louder, I can hardly hear the pops and bangs right now let alone feel them, I drive with windows up, and with music on Burmester its difficult to get excited about the exhaust inside.

Changing headers too, so I know I am about to get a lot more sound. I driver couple of hours on a weekend if I am lucky. Too many cars right now.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:27 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Not to rain on anyone's parade....

Never......thats why you posted

People can do what ever they want, good or bad, smart or stupid...without anyone else’s approval
Old 05-15-2019, 07:38 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 597 Posts

Not to rain on anyone's parade but all these manufacturers are selling is muffler delete kits or smaller mufflers. Not rocket science.

They all sound the same and the hp gains are negligible. Its truly fascinating how many people foam at the mouth over a brand name. This is the tale for 991.2 cars.. 991.1 is a different story.

Think smarter.
A post that reminds me that the recent 500 Abarth had no muffler at all...just the turbo and catalyst. And it sounded great. So did the car in my avatar, which did have a muffler but you could see through it, from one tip to the other tip on the opposite side of the bumper. And it sounded fantastic, like a 3.0 RSR. Truly. The current 991 GT2 RS might have gone into production with no muffler system...only got one when bigger turbos went on later in the R&D process.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:59 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
Never......thats why you posted

People can do what ever they want, good or bad, smart or stupid...without anyone else’s approval
They sure can!

FYI there are Ebay replicas called "JAWZ Exhaust". Might be a better option.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:50 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by drphalanges

I have had lots of seat time with different setups and can identify with your issue. Everything that eliminates/ reduces the muffler size will resonate more than stock below 3000 rpm. Everything. Muffler deletes tend to be the worst in this regard. X pipes help for sure but dont solve the problem. Baffles can also go a long way to cut resonance, but cant defy the laws of physics. No one installs baffles either. It ultimately depends on how the driver perception is affected by the sound and whether adjustments can be made to the throttle based on where the car is driven. This is a good example of what I have experienced with lots of aftermarket exhausts. Having said that, i would be devastated if i couldnt go aftermarket on my porsche because i love it. Sounds like 992 is unfortunately going to reframe what aftermarket folks can do to enhance sound with these cars (as well as power) The damn things wont even rev past 3500 rpm in neutral. Its a dying breed. Grab’em while you can!
Old 05-15-2019, 09:11 PM
basic666
Racer

Think smarter.
agree with everything said here, but to be very clear, sharkwerks is actually one of the more reputable folks offering .2 exhausts at the lowest prices around. With the discount they are offering you are getting a PSE switchable exhaust for 1700. Your point would apply better to things like akra or kline.

And considering how many horror stories we read about fitment here, i would say u still wanna go with reputable brands with these bolt on parts.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:46 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 546 Likes on 372 Posts

There's a lot to be said about quality of materials, quality of craftsmanship, quality of fitment, and I personally like the fab'd in the USA.

Quick Reply: 991.2 SharkWerks Exhaust - input