Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 SharkWerks Exhaust - input

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 06:30 PM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,125 Likes on 670 Posts

Same here-interested but I fear that it may be too loud when paired with Cat bypass pipes...hoping someone tries out that combination soon and posts some clips and their impressions.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:54 PM
BA73
Racer

Received 238 Likes on 100 Posts

Dan, thank you very much for the information and description. Genuinely appreciate it. Discount and Date confirmed. I will PM you directly if I go this route. Thanks again!
Old 05-07-2019, 09:17 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Thanks, Dan. I'm in and will wait details/send dough upon receipt.

Again, very appreciative of John for shouldering the load on this one.

Old 05-07-2019, 09:50 PM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan@SharkWerks
Hi guys,
I've read the responses here and I'm glad to see the interest in this product. We had quite a few inquiries about this exhaust and as Wujohn mentioned, for Rennlist members we will be offering a Group Buy discount. I am limiting the discount to 10x units (less units are OK) and the code will expire on June 14th, 2019. I will send the code via email or PM to those interested and from Wujohn's list. The discount will be $300 off the price of this exhaust during this period.

I want to be transparent about what this exhaust is and isn't, and try to set some expectations for customers. We did put a lot of effort into making it fit just like stock, so it's rather easy to install (maybe 2-hours for the first timer) with no cutting or welding required, and it does include instructions, gaskets, and all hardware needed. This is a stainless steel muffler replacement made in the USA and includes high-quality valves and hardware. It does not cause check engine lights and does not require reprogramming the ECU. The system is only compatible with the PSE exhaust. It does work with the Sport Exhaust button, but the difference between quiet and loud modes is not as pronounced as stock. The quieter mode does make a bit of a difference and it is quieter still, but compared to stock, the quiet mode is still noticeably louder. You will hear more turbo noise and under most conditions you won't notice drone. However, at some RPMs (especially very low RPMs), you may notice more drone than stock if you are trying to accelerate. Downshifting or using a different gear will usually eliminate that.

With exhausts, it's always difficult to describe how the sound changes, how much etc. In my opinion, this exhaust takes the stock car from a "4 out of 10" with the valves closed to a "6 out of 10", and a "6 out of 10" up to maybe an "8 out of 10" with the valves open. It's certainly not the loudest exhaust I've heard. It's most noticeable on a cold start, free revving, and under heavy load / boost. If you're interested and want to "lock in" a discount but want to hear one in person first or wait for more videos, email me and I'll see what I can do to help arrange that.

Here's the people I have on the list to start (I removed a couple who have since placed an order or changed their mind in the thread):
1) Sechsgang
2) Fraz993
3) Randy M
4) Wujohn
5) mglane83

S S - tentative

If you want to confirm that you're interested in the discount, I can send you a coupon code for our web site to place this order or you can call or email an order to us. If you would like to be added to the list or I missed you here, please let me know and I'll add you.

*** Because this is a new product and handmade one at a time, I would expect the first 5x units to be ready in about 4-5 weeks and around 6-7 weeks from purchase date for the next orders. If you are adding ceramic coating this may add 1-2 weeks for the build time. We can update you along the way.
-Dan
Hey Dan, I am local, could I swing by and listen to the exhaust first?
Old 05-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Dan@SharkWerks
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by koven
Hey Dan, I am local, could I swing by and listen to the exhaust first?
I can let you know the next time a car is here for one of these exhausts to be installed, but we do not have one here every day.
Phone: 510-651-0300
Email: dan@sharkwerks.com

SharkWerks' Latest Updates on Twitter
Old 05-08-2019, 02:33 PM
scottryla
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

Just ordered mine, now the wait begins.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:35 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 586 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by polobai
Same here-interested but I fear that it may be too loud when paired with Cat bypass pipes...hoping someone tries out that combination soon and posts some clips and their impressions.
This could be the case. Items that increase noise: new muffler section, straight pipes instead of muffler (so this Sharkwerks exhaust which should be louder than a straight through muffler), high flow cats, cat bypass (should be louder than high flow cats), headers. Just from general observation, people seem to like the exhaust noise level of the combination of: headers, high flow cats, and straight through muffler.

So if you go with a straight pipe exhaust setup, then maybe that paired with just cat bypass will be okay. Add in headers, and maybe too loud. If you have headers, than that with stock cats and straight pipe exhaust may be the sweet spot.

If I were to apply a scale.
Stock headers = 0. Headers = 1.
Stock cat = 0, HFC = 1, cat bypass = 2.
Stock muffler = 0, straight through muffler = 1, straight pipes = 2.
It seems a sweet spot is = 3-4. So cat bypass with straight pipes exhaust is a 4 on my rough scale. So maybe a smidge on the loud side but for some it may be perfect.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:59 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I ordered Vektor headers and Sharkwerks...holding off on the cats for now
Old 05-08-2019, 05:02 PM
Grantsfo
Racer

Received 248 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
Im considering same setup. Looks like Vektor headers work well.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:27 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Watched Dan and Alex on Jay Leno’s Garage
Old 05-08-2019, 09:03 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Order placed.

SS
Old 05-08-2019, 09:05 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 630 Likes on 302 Posts

Just read the article on the Vector headers. wow they seem sweet!!
Old 05-08-2019, 09:55 PM
///M3THOD
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The cats are arguably the most restrictive component on the exhaust system.

Im waiting to hear this setup on some sport cats before I buy. Very interested though.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:38 PM
zunayed
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ///M3THOD
The cats are arguably the most restrictive component on the exhaust system.

Im waiting to hear this setup on some sport cats before I buy. Very interested though.
I have SOUL sport cats and I ordered the SharkWerks exhaust last week. I’ll make a video when I receive it, but it’ll probably be potato quality as I’ll be recording with my iPhone. Maybe someone can point me towards a cheap but decent audio recorder on amazon?
Old 05-09-2019, 12:18 AM
mglane83
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by Dan@SharkWerks
Hi guys,
I've read the responses here and I'm glad to see the interest in this product. [. . .]
-Dan
Hi Dan,
I’ll either PM or email you shortly also; I’m still on board. Thank you to everyone involved in making this happen! I’m excited!!

edit: tidy up post

Last edited by mglane83; 05-09-2019 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Mobile to pc

Quick Reply: 991.2 SharkWerks Exhaust - input