Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 SharkWerks Exhaust - input

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 09:43 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

Here is who I have listed for the group buy so far - did I miss anyone? I spoke with Sharkwerks today and they are open to working with us it but cautioned that they are using one of their artisanal welders so they are not set up for high volume at this point. Just means some of us would have to wait a bit longer to get the product. I also asked about sport cats combined with their product and they were not certain but noted that it might be loud, although that term is subjective. Once I get the final numbers (say end of this weekend?) we can reach back out to them and get the ball rolling. Good?

Pete - they are looking into something for non-PSE crowd so there is hope for you but not sure when that might be released.

Sechsgang
Fraz993
Zunayed
Cyberbug
Randy M
Wujohn
S S - tentative
Anyone else?
Old 05-03-2019, 10:41 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Thanks very much for doing the fingerwork on this, Wujohn. I'm not worried about the wait and appreciate them getting it right. Definitely interested in what they develop based on cat changes too.

ß

Last edited by S S; 05-04-2019 at 02:32 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:55 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Spoke to Alex as well..

wait is not a problem, but would prefer to put down deposit and pay balance when my turn comes in.
they take 3-4 weeks per so could be long wait for some. Logic would be we all can put down deposit as a group buy say $500 each.
and then as the turn comes up make full payment for our unit before it goes into production.

Interested to know what group buy discount are we talking about.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:03 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
Spoke to Alex as well..

wait is not a problem, but would prefer to put down deposit and pay balance when my turn comes in.
they take 3-4 weeks per so could be long wait for some. Logic would be we all can put down deposit as a group buy say $500 each.
and then as the turn comes up make full payment for our unit before it goes into production.

Interested to know what group buy discount are we talking about.
He gave me some details - not sure about the particulars regarding publishing the info so I can work on PMing everyone that is in. We can also ask about deposit vs putting all the money down. Can do this on Monday.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:03 AM
BA73
Racer

Received 238 Likes on 100 Posts

As of 5a today, my T is sitting at the port in Los Angeles. I keep going back and fourth between the SW and soul sport cats as my first (immediate) mod. With a solid group buy discount, I may be persuaded this direction. Feel free to shoot me the details.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:20 AM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 474 Likes on 215 Posts

That clip sounds good. I am very interested.
Any more information - sound clips, tip choices, and price if not in a group buy?

Also, will the PSE button work as a remote for the exhaust flaps? Thanks!
Old 05-04-2019, 01:49 AM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BA73

As of 5a today, my T is sitting at the port in Los Angeles. I keep going back and fourth between the SW and soul sport cats as my first (immediate) mod. With a solid group buy discount, I may be persuaded this direction. Feel free to shoot me the details.
Congrats! Soul has a metric s**t ton of love on Rennlist so you def cannot go wrong if you choose that. Sharkwerks gets a ton of respect from a lot of people, so also cannot go wrong with this choice. I initially really wanted the cats but being in California means I'll have to switch them out for smog. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice but I will PM you the group buy info.

Originally Posted by siete-speed
That clip sounds good. I am very interested.
Any more information - sound clips, tip choices, and price if not in a group buy?

Also, will the PSE button work as a remote for the exhaust flaps? Thanks!
If you have PSE it will work much the same; shuts off flow and reduces sound for neighborhood driving. They have price on the website for a regular purchase. Not sure if there are other sound clips out there or not.
Old 05-04-2019, 02:21 AM
zunayed
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 31 Posts

Sorry to bail on you guys but I caught mod-fever and ended up putting down a deposit with my local shop yesterday and ordering it through them. I was going to post on the forum earlier but didn’t get a chance. Anyhow, I regret not waiting but what’s done is done :/

My apologies if this hampers the group buy in any way.

Best,

Zunayed
Old 05-06-2019, 01:49 PM
mglane83
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Count me in on group buy 👍
Old 05-06-2019, 02:41 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 586 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by zunayed
Sorry to bail on you guys but I caught mod-fever and ended up putting down a deposit with my local shop yesterday and ordering it through them. I was going to post on the forum earlier but didn’t get a chance. Anyhow, I regret not waiting but what’s done is done :/

My apologies if this hampers the group buy in any way.

Best,

Zunayed
Are you planning to do before/after dyno testing?
Old 05-06-2019, 04:31 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spdracerut
Are you planning to do before/after dyno testing?
I have a base and am planning on it. FWIW, also planning on doing a video and sound reading to get before and after DB ratings as well. It'll be measured off my phone, so not professionally accurate but at least should show the delta. My goal is to jerry rig a camera to the back of my car and have one on a tripod to do some drive by's. Already have a remote road picked out..
Old 05-07-2019, 12:41 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 586 Likes on 395 Posts

I used an app called Spectroid on my phone to measure db vs. wavelength. The only downside is it doesn't datalog. So you could mount your phone somewhere in the car while driving and then mount the camera to record the screen of the phone.
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1138...se-change.html
Old 05-07-2019, 05:18 PM
Dan@SharkWerks
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi guys,
I've read the responses here and I'm glad to see the interest in this product. We had quite a few inquiries about this exhaust and as Wujohn mentioned, for Rennlist members we will be offering a Group Buy discount. I am limiting the discount to 10x units (less units are OK) and the code will expire on June 14th, 2019. I will send the code via email or PM to those interested and from Wujohn's list. The discount will be $300 off the price of this exhaust during this period.

I want to be transparent about what this exhaust is and isn't, and try to set some expectations for customers. We did put a lot of effort into making it fit just like stock, so it's rather easy to install (maybe 2-hours for the first timer) with no cutting or welding required, and it does include instructions, gaskets, and all hardware needed. This is a stainless steel muffler replacement made in the USA and includes high-quality valves and hardware. It does not cause check engine lights and does not require reprogramming the ECU. The system is only compatible with the PSE exhaust. It does work with the Sport Exhaust button, but the difference between quiet and loud modes is not as pronounced as stock. The quieter mode does make a bit of a difference and it is quieter still, but compared to stock, the quiet mode is still noticeably louder. You will hear more turbo noise and under most conditions you won't notice drone. However, at some RPMs (especially very low RPMs), you may notice more drone than stock if you are trying to accelerate. Downshifting or using a different gear will usually eliminate that.

With exhausts, it's always difficult to describe how the sound changes, how much etc. In my opinion, this exhaust takes the stock car from a "4 out of 10" with the valves closed to a "6 out of 10", and a "6 out of 10" up to maybe an "8 out of 10" with the valves open. It's certainly not the loudest exhaust I've heard. It's most noticeable on a cold start, free revving, and under heavy load / boost. If you're interested and want to "lock in" a discount but want to hear one in person first or wait for more videos, email me and I'll see what I can do to help arrange that.

Here's the people I have on the list to start (I removed a couple who have since placed an order or changed their mind in the thread):
1) Sechsgang
2) Fraz993
3) Randy M
4) Wujohn
5) mglane83

S S - tentative

If you want to confirm that you're interested in the discount, I can send you a coupon code for our web site to place this order or you can call or email an order to us. If you would like to be added to the list or I missed you here, please let me know and I'll add you.

*** Because this is a new product and handmade one at a time, I would expect the first 5x units to be ready in about 4-5 weeks and around 6-7 weeks from purchase date for the next orders. If you are adding ceramic coating this may add 1-2 weeks for the build time. We can update you along the way.
-Dan
Phone: 510-651-0300
Email: dan@sharkwerks.com

SharkWerks' Latest Updates on Twitter
Old 05-07-2019, 05:54 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan@SharkWerks
Hi guys,
I've read the responses here and I'm glad to see the interest in this product. We had quite a few inquiries about this exhaust and as Wujohn mentioned, for Rennlist members we will be offering a Group Buy discount. I am limiting the discount to 10x units (less units are OK) and the code will expire on June 14th, 2019. I will send the code via email or PM to those interested and from Wujohn's list. The discount will be $300 off the price of this exhaust during this period.

I want to be transparent about what this exhaust is and isn't, and try to set some expectations for customers. We did put a lot of effort into making it fit just like stock, so it's rather easy to install (maybe 2-hours for the first timer) with no cutting or welding required, and it does include instructions, gaskets, and all hardware needed. This is a stainless steel muffler replacement made in the USA and includes high-quality valves and hardware. It does not cause check engine lights and does not require reprogramming the ECU. The system is only compatible with the PSE exhaust. It does work with the Sport Exhaust button, but the difference between quiet and loud modes is not as pronounced as stock. The quieter mode does make a bit of a difference and it is quieter still, but compared to stock, the quiet mode is still noticeably louder. You will hear more turbo noise and under most conditions you won't notice drone. However, at some RPMs (especially very low RPMs), you may notice more drone than stock if you are trying to accelerate. Downshifting or using a different gear will usually eliminate that.

With exhausts, it's always difficult to describe how the sound changes, how much etc. In my opinion, this exhaust takes the stock car from a "4 out of 10" with the valves closed to a "6 out of 10", and a "6 out of 10" up to maybe an "8 out of 10" with the valves open. It's certainly not the loudest exhaust I've heard. It's most noticeable on a cold start, free revving, and under heavy load / boost. If you're interested and want to "lock in" a discount but want to hear one in person first or wait for more videos, email me and I'll see what I can do to help arrange that.

Here's the people I have on the list to start (I removed a couple who have since placed an order or changed their mind in the thread):
1) Sechsgang
2) Fraz993
3) Randy M
4) Wujohn
5) mglane83

S S - tentative

If you want to confirm that you're interested in the discount, I can send you a coupon code for our web site to place this order or you can call or email an order to us. If you would like to be added to the list or I missed you here, please let me know and I'll add you.

*** Because this is a new product and handmade one at a time, I would expect the first 5x units to be ready in about 4-5 weeks and around 6-7 weeks from purchase date for the next orders. If you are adding ceramic coating this may add 1-2 weeks for the build time. We can update you along the way.
-Dan
Dan,

Really appreciate the info and you reaching out on this. I will let the individual members speak for themselves but below is what I have for the folks that were in line for this. Looking forward to getting this installed!

wujohn
Fraz993
S S
Randy M
mglane83
Old 05-07-2019, 06:14 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

I am admittedly undecided. Just don't want it to be obnoxious. If it was a Mustang, like my old straight piped Boss 302 then fine. But this is a 911 that I try to drive more often than not as my DD and on weekends as well. I'd like to hear and see some additional vids. I do appreciate the group buy discount offer from Sharkwerks. Friend of the community they are.

Quick Reply: 991.2 SharkWerks Exhaust - input