Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 SharkWerks Exhaust - input

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 06:17 PM
zunayed
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 31 Posts

@Psorcery Your comment above only shows your bias and your inability to be objective.

Yes, the table posted by Dan is just opinion and he clearly states that it is. Regardless, it is quite informative, and if nothing else the information posted about Sports cats lines up with my experience owning them and researching them. Based on this, and on SW's reputation, and the fact that Dan clearly and truthfully states the cons for his own product, I think this table is not as inaccurate as you would have us believe.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:42 AM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 488 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
This is with stock cats/headers. No other mods. I know the stock one has some drone at lower rpms in higher gears but it's not really any worse with this.
Thanks for reply, can you PM me, interested in going forward. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2019, 01:45 AM
seis-speed
Pro

Originally Posted by zunayed
Okay so on my end, I'm going to switch back to the stock cats and try the SW Exhaust by itself. I spent a few more hours driving last night, and a bit in the morning and I honestly think that the exhaust deserves the chance. I know that the obnoxious droning is definitely due to the combo and not the fault of either the SW Exhaust or the SOUL Cats. And I can reconfirm, above 3000rpm the sound is just phenomenal. Depending on how it sounds, I'll end up keeping one and selling the other. Will keep you guys updated.

Cyberbug yours looks fantastic with the coating. Congrats! I vote you try the exhaust by itself first, and then add the headers and see how it changes things. I suspect you'll have better results than me.
Great, let us know! I am considering just the SW exhaust and a tune - after juggling various options.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:51 AM
basic666
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FRPoJIrlI

Dear fellow RLers.. Don't fall for this. This is PURE speculation and opinion by a company focused on selling their product. Muffler delete is just about the worst thing you can do to your car.
haha dude you need to take a chill pill.

They are definitely not some randos out of the woodworks as you seem to be interpreting them to be. they been on practically every popular car show, including jay leno's garage, search it up. They are long time porsche enthusiasts and mods a lot of really sick GT cars, including Joe Rogan's car. I think that's why a lot of people are showing interest on their exhaust solution.

i might have to pass on it tho, since i already got headers and cats incoming. might be a bit too loud per zunayed's experience
Old 06-14-2019, 01:58 AM
seis-speed
Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_FRPoJIrlI

Dear fellow RLers.. Don't fall for this. This is PURE speculation and opinion by a company focused on selling their product. Muffler delete is just about the worst thing you can do to your car.
I appreciate your honesty, but that sound clip of the black 4s and the red T sound perfect to my ears, somebody is doing something right based on the sound, at least to my ears.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:14 AM
ramt
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
Hi Psorcery (I do like the name...), I figured since you are speaking for us I would have to unfortunately barge in a bit and correct some misconceptions about what/how and why in terms of our exhaust. First of all I agree the stock PSE system is indeed close to being a masterpiece. I think for a factory sounding modern turbo car it's a great option indeed. Sounds brilliant IMHO. Having said that we've had several of our customers request a more aggressive sound that maintains the factory style valves/switch functionality all at the same time as being legal in California (and just about any place you can think of) without the possibility of causing check engine lights and/or the necessity for a warranty-breaking tune. So here we are... I'm not sure if you're in the exhaust manufacturing business but I can tell you that 50 bucks in material would buy you about one and a half pre-made flanges in the USA. Even if you were using overseas / slave labor you'd be hard pressed to have the stainless steel, flanges, brackets, twin exhaust valves, hardware, boxes, etc... support/instructions and in small runs for anywhere close to that. The cost to design, support, sell and pay people here is also something you have to consider. Nobody works for free either. We make our stuff here locally in California (albeit a very expensive process and state) but even just shipping any of these parts to our shop would be well over $50. To give you an idea each exhaust valve of this quality is about $130 (you can find much cheaper valves on Ebay etc. but they aren't servicable or as relaible). We don't use slave labor. We pay California labor rates (and everything that encompasses) so that we get what we believe is a higher quality standard that we can indeed put our name on.

No it's not rocket-science I agree. It's just customization, personalization and/or something a few of us like to do. It's not for everyone. We made this because it was requested. I would say your idea of ruining the factory sound/tune/set up by slapping cheap cat bypass pipes (also not legal in any state/country) would still cost more than that $50 but at what cost to the environment? Who has kids and wants to fire up a car that was designed to run clean and with cats to suddenly poison the garage and everyone around you all for 20hp? Maybe it's worth it to some but again it's not legal. It causes CELs and well it's just not part of our philosphy. I understand people have choices and we all don't need to agree and that's fine.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:50 PM
zunayed
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 31 Posts

Shop appointment on Thursday to replace sport cats with stock. Will post updated impressions afterward.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:32 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Mine should be shipping today. In discussion with my Porsche Austin Service Advisor, should be no overall warranty issues, particularly as I'm sticking with CAT back... They are also going to be providing GIAC tunes in the near future, TBD, and we had a similar discussion on the warranty issues with this. None, per se. Have to prove that x was responsible for y. Etc. So, I may be doing a twofer soon. Will advise.

Old 06-14-2019, 06:22 PM
Dan@SharkWerks
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

edit removed
Phone: 510-651-0300
Email: dan@sharkwerks.com

SharkWerks' Latest Updates on Twitter

Last edited by Dan@SharkWerks; 06-16-2019 at 01:35 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:31 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Hell yes.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:56 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Hilarious....worth the read...

Followed by Mic Drop...

Last edited by Cyberbug; 06-15-2019 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:14 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 725 Likes on 335 Posts

That should do it....
Old 06-15-2019, 10:15 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
That should do it....
For some reason I feel......Not
Old 06-15-2019, 11:27 AM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
For some reason I feel......Not

should be interesting...
Old 06-16-2019, 01:37 AM
Dan@SharkWerks
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I have removed this chart.

I believe before I post something with such claims I should put sources for any information I post. I will edit the chart and possibly repost later.

I still believe that cat removals are far worse than muffler removals - and there are drawbacks to both.

Quick Reply: 991.2 SharkWerks Exhaust - input