Sponsored by:

991.2 SharkWerks Exhaust - input

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 01:00 AM
mglane83
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Sticker?

Random question; did y’all’s exhaust come with a sticker in addition to the tag frame? It looks like on the website the exhaust comes with a sticker and tag frame, or at least they’re featured in the picture. However, when I was looking through everything I received, I couldn’t find a sticker, only the frame. I didn’t know if maybe SW was just out, or if it technically wasn’t included, or if I was just somehow unlucky. Thought I’d ask here first before bothering the guys directly, they look like they’re staying pretty busy. I’m gonna need that sticker though, for horsepower reasons 😂
Old 07-11-2019, 01:14 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by mglane83
Random question; did y’all’s exhaust come with a sticker in addition to the tag frame? It looks like on the website the exhaust comes with a sticker and tag frame, or at least they’re featured in the picture. However, when I was looking through everything I received, I couldn’t find a sticker, only the frame. I didn’t know if maybe SW was just out, or if it technically wasn’t included, or if I was just somehow unlucky. Thought I’d ask here first before bothering the guys directly, they look like they’re staying pretty busy. I’m gonna need that sticker though, for horsepower reasons ��
They sent me two frames and decal packs. There are actually two decals in each pack. Send me a PM with your address and I'll post you the extra pack they sent me. Easy.

Last edited by S S; 07-11-2019 at 01:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mglane83 (07-15-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 01:18 PM
Dan@SharkWerks
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Random question; did y’all’s exhaust come with a sticker in addition to the tag frame? It looks like on the website the exhaust comes with a sticker and tag frame, or at least they’re featured in the picture. However, when I was looking through everything I received, I couldn’t find a sticker, only the frame. I didn’t know if maybe SW was just out, or if it technically wasn’t included, or if I was just somehow unlucky. Thought I’d ask here first before bothering the guys directly, they look like they’re staying pretty busy. I’m gonna need that sticker though, for horsepower reasons 😂
I can send you some. Let me know what color you prefer (we have silver, silver+red, or silver+yellow -- either to match the brakes). Just PM me your address or email to dan@sharkwerks.com
Phone: 510-651-0300
Email: dan@sharkwerks.com

SharkWerks' Latest Updates on Twitter
mglane83 (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 03:18 PM
mglane83
Advanced

Hey Dan@SharkWerks and S_S ,
Thank you both for responding and for your offers. I am sorry for my delayed response back. I will get back to you via more private channels shortly. Thanks again!
Old 07-18-2019, 04:21 PM
991.two
Racer

Received 122 Likes on 56 Posts

Whispers quietly to self: “you got this... it’s just a few bolts...”

Nothing revelatory that hasn’t already been mentioned: it’s super light, build quality appears amazing, etc. I am going to give myself plenty of time to get it installed, which means it will be a little longer before I can actually get it done. Anyone have questions that haven’t already been asked/answered?
Is there any performance difference, not sound, between the SharkWerks and the SpeedTech exhaust systems for the 991.2 w/PSE?

Old 07-18-2019, 10:07 PM
mglane83
Advanced

Originally Posted by 991.two
Is there any performance difference, not sound, between the SharkWerks and the SpeedTech exhaust systems for the 991.2 w/PSE?

My understanding, and I will be the first to say that could be wrong, is that an X-pipe design like this was originally designed to help equalize back pressure between the two banks of the engine, which would be helpful; however, in a turbo setup, this is moot because turbos. Accordingly, this specific exhaust you’ve pictured would yield the most benefit on an n/a application (gt3 etc).
S S (07-18-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 12:09 AM
ZerOG
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

My understanding, and I will be the first to say that could be wrong, is that an X-pipe design like this was originally designed to help equalize back pressure between the two banks of the engine, which would be helpful; however, in a turbo setup, this is moot because turbos. Accordingly, this specific exhaust you’ve pictured would yield the most benefit on an n/a application (gt3 etc).
That is also my understanding. We also use it for the same reason on V2 superbikes.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:51 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 594 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by ZerOG
That is also my understanding. We also use it for the same reason on V2 superbikes.
I third. I see no point at all for the x-over on a turbo setup. I think it just hurts power actually.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:02 AM
ZerOG
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

I probably doesn’t hurt much. To make a real difference we would have to use the 1-piece turbo-back straight pipe. I’ve only seen one manufacturer make this and it’s probably too loud for most people.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:53 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

First impression after driving it from the shop. Not all that much louder to be truthful but the car does feel faster for sure.
wireless200 (12-25-2020)
Old 07-23-2019, 09:07 PM
Wujohn
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
First impression after driving it from the shop. Not all that much louder to be truthful but the car does feel faster for sure.
I measured before and after db's and it is a few points higher but not as much as I thought it would be. Recording turned out poor so I need to redo it and will post here. The biggest difference is that the sound is deeper, throatier than before. Have someone else drive your car and stand outside and you'll hear a very distinct difference when they drive by, unless they are coasting...
mglane83 (07-25-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 10:09 PM
SeymourButts
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Your entire operation hurts the planet and your precious commy Kalifornia air.

Ah, this explains a lot... you must be one of those Corvette owners GM is trying to shed. Git 'er done!
Old 07-25-2019, 11:40 PM
mglane83
Advanced

Finished installation this evening. Everything was pretty easy except for that uppermost torx on the heat shield, and it was only difficult from an access standpoint. I used ramps; a lift may have allowed for a better angle. I let some pb blaster soak thoroughly for a few hours on cold parts and that seemed to help immensely with removal of stock parts. Nothing was more difficult to unstick than I had anticipated based on the very thorough instructions and the comments of others here. The cat itself was surprisingly easy to unmount. I suspect the amount of time I was able to let the car sit and to allow the penetrating oil work itself in helped with that. My vids etc are iPotato quality (mostly user error...probably) so I would want to redo them before posting them (if it’s even really necessary any more). Initial cold-startup sounds much more aggressive and raw/angry. Once it settles down, valves closed sounds similar to the traditional stock rumble but with the bass cranked up. Open the valves and the tone changes noticeably, but it’s not necessarily a LOT louder, but the pitch, tone etc. change. It’s difficult to characterize in words only. These impressions are obviously on a green setup, and I’m excited to see how it evolves with time. I know the stock PSE sounded better to me after a few thousand miles of break-in. Let me know if anyone is interested in more vids, but I think between ß’s posts and others, it’s pretty well covered.

Also, I got my sticker installed too lol!

(sorry for the formatting; posting from mobile)
Old 07-25-2019, 11:51 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

^^^ Sweet. I'm in the same boat with you on the above. Enjoy the new soundtrack!

Old 07-26-2019, 12:57 AM
mglane83
Advanced

Originally Posted by S S
^^^ Sweet. I'm in the same boat with you on the above. Enjoy the new soundtrack!

Bro my phone literally just cut a chunk of sound recording at the crescendo of the startup! Still recorded video, just Charlie Chaplin style. What the heck! It’s like br br bra braa ___________ downrevs....

Perhaps too much awesome for my phone to handle hahaha!
S S (07-26-2019)

Quick Reply: 991.2 SharkWerks Exhaust - input