Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help choosing between GTS options

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 02:59 AM
Ed911.2
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I would lean towards the one with RAS, FAL, LCA and leather but only after having an extended drive in 14-way seats. It’s almost impossible to know in advance which of the 14 or 18 will be more comfortable for a particular individual. It may even be a draw.

RAS is super option which improves high and low speed handling as well as making parking/manoeuvring easier, FAL is nice to have but the normal ground clearance is OK and LCA is implemented very well. Leather vs. Alcantara is another personal thing but leather takes on character/patina as it ages and Alcantara just looks worn, IMO.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:30 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,013 Likes on 644 Posts

Leather is the great mistake in performance cars - it always ages, develops the old sofa patina, cracks and smells too - whereas alcantara after a simple shampoo looks fresh, is neither hot nor cold and imparts better grip in all conditions. In particular the alcantara roof liner imparts a unique feel whereas the the all leather finish always looks like a mid-range bimmer or Audi rep manager wagon.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:22 AM
One N Done
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Owned a white S with 14 way and no leather and now a GTS with 18 way and leather, RAS, etc. 14 way were too narrow at the top for me albeit the classic shape. 18 way have more adjustment where I need it. Mine is a fun car not dd so am not worried about leather issues. Plus, so many protective products on the market that this should not be a decision driver in a negative way. As others mentioned RAS is great and chalk is different and gives you a different look depending on the light. Looking at the options you posted I would go with the chalk one.

Good luck!
Old 04-27-2019, 11:33 AM
Mark993TT
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

18 ways adaptive sport seats ...
Old 04-27-2019, 03:11 PM
CT_Peter
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 105 Posts

I ordered mine with 18 way and alcantara and am thrilled with both.

I’ve done two separate 6 hour driving days in the car this month and have been really pleased/surprised at how comfortable the car is. I can’t directly compare to the 14 ways, but really wanted the extra adjustment as my wife is 5’4” to my 5’10” and the theory is she will slide around much less on the track with extra adjustment (part of why I stayed away from LWBS... which I loved!).

I personally skipped the FAL (kinda wish I hadn’t, but not a huge deal). I have RAS, but not sure I’ve really noticed. I haven’t driven a car without it anywhere near as much, so maybe I would notice its absence.

I love the Chalk, but the white might keep you happy long term living with it vs being enamored short term. Both cars are beautiful and I think you’ll be super happy with either.

Lastly, while I think the wear concerns about alcantara are valid... OMG do I love having the seats and wheel covered in it for this car.

Ultimately, it’s a good dilemma to have as either result will be great for you!
Old 04-27-2019, 04:15 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

i'm heading out to a local Porsche dealer to check out both seat option. Will report back with my opinion.

I'm surprised nobody here mentioned the Sport Chrono Package which neither window stickers mention but I was told the chalk one does have it. Does having the dash clock mean it is equipped with the SC package? If not how can I know if it does?
Old 04-27-2019, 04:23 PM
One N Done
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Sport Chrono std on GTS
Old 04-27-2019, 04:44 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by One N Done
Sport Chrono std on GTS
thank you!
Old 04-27-2019, 07:01 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

For me, Chalk (more interesting than white). Plus I am not an alcantara fan.

How Great is the price difference between the two and how many miles on the used one?
Old 04-27-2019, 10:26 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hurricane

How Great is the price difference between the two and how many miles on the used one?
The used one has 5k miles and is priced $3k lower than the new one. The price difference is not relevant to me.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:38 PM
superdog
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane

i see the point made on price.

In which case agree completely with the first paragraph. And then some.

i saw a 718 in chalk today. It was incredible. Love the color. Also not a fan of alcantara.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:22 PM
CT_Peter
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by eysa
i'm heading out to a local Porsche dealer to check out both seat option. Will report back with my opinion.
So? How did it go? Any conclusions based on seat time?
Old 05-04-2019, 05:31 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CT_Peter
So? How did it go? Any conclusions based on seat time?
So I spent some time in both seats and have to agree that the 18 way is a much more comfortable seat. The 14 way seat was still plenty comfortable and would serve me well being that I don't plan to daily it. With that said I'm gonna give myself a couple more weeks before pulling the trigger on the chalk one with the hopes of finding one with 18 way seats.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:06 PM
crashedsnow
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by eysa
So I spent some time in both seats and have to agree that the 18 way is a much more comfortable seat. The 14 way seat was still plenty comfortable and would serve me well being that I don't plan to daily it. With that said I'm gonna give myself a couple more weeks before pulling the trigger on the chalk one with the hopes of finding one with 18 way seats.
Feels like the right choice to me
Old 05-04-2019, 06:10 PM
crashedsnow
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure of your location, but here's a chalk GTS with 18 ways

https://nationalpreownedporsche.com/...Chalk+12706867

Quick Reply: Need help choosing between GTS options