Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 06:31 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by crashedsnow
Not sure of your location, but here's a chalk GTS with 18 ways

https://nationalpreownedporsche.com/...Chalk+12706867
Thanks for the link....I saw that one while searching. It only has two things i'm not liking.

1. No glass roof. To me it's an absolute must on any color other than black and purely for aesthetic reasons.
2. The price. The chalk one I mention in this thread is almost $20k less with 2500 more miles.

If the above were different i'd pull the trigger yesterday.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:26 PM
crashedsnow
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by eysa
Thanks for the link....I saw that one while searching. It only has two things i'm not liking.

1. No glass roof. To me it's an absolute must on any color other than black and purely for aesthetic reasons.
2. The price. The chalk one I mention in this thread is almost $20k less with 2500 more miles.

Yeah wasn't sure where you were with the roof, but I completely agree. That was a must have for me too and well worth holding out for it IMO.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:57 PM
Meeper
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I test drove this car about 10 days ago. The sales guy said it was an executive demo that hasn’t been titled yet but the warranty has been punched. This (exec demo) was the rationale for the high price.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:36 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts

So I spent some time in both seats and have to agree that the 18 way is a much more comfortable seat. The 14 way seat was still plenty comfortable and would serve me well being that I don't plan to daily it. With that said I'm gonna give myself a couple more weeks before pulling the trigger on the chalk one with the hopes of finding one with 18 way seats.
Good idea and keep in mind that you spend a lot more time in the car sitting and driving (or you should) than looking at it so having the seats you like the best should be priority numero uno.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:07 PM
rwsteelers
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

skip the sunroof and go top down...

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/pkntrkt8
Old 05-04-2019, 10:21 PM
crashedsnow
Advanced

Originally Posted by rwsteelers
skip the sunroof and go top down...

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/pkntrkt8
Are there still build spots for the 991.2 GTS?
Old 05-05-2019, 12:51 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 311 Posts

Everybody has different preferences. But I'm not buying any 911 without Premium Pkg Plus, sunroof, full leather (no Alcantara seats or steering wheel for me), ventilated seats, keyless entry, parking sensors, and PDCC. No 911 should be without PSE, SC, RAS and SPASM. Those are my preferences. Oh, LED headlights and FAL and LCA/LKA would be nice to have, along with some interior bling. I'm not fond of Center Lock wheels, but that would entail finding a used GTS with 5 lug wheels, or going the X51 S route if they can no longer be ordered (my recollection).
Different strokes for different folks.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:01 AM
koven
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by PCA1983
Everybody has different preferences. But I'm not buying any 911 without Premium Pkg Plus, sunroof, full leather (no Alcantara seats or steering wheel for me), ventilated seats, keyless entry, parking sensors, and PDCC. No 911 should be without PSE, SC, RAS and SPASM. Those are my preferences. Oh, LED headlights and FAL and LCA/LKA would be nice to have, along with some interior bling. I'm not fond of Center Lock wheels, but that would entail finding a used GTS with 5 lug wheels, or going the X51 S route.
Different strokes for different folks.
You forgot Burmester system as a must, it is way better than Bose. Sadly I have the Bose, which I'll end up changing out to aftermarket at some point maybe Focal. Sure the PSE sound is the main attraction but in stop and go traffic the sound system is very important!
Old 05-11-2019, 11:44 AM
eysa
Rennlist Member

I'm happy to report that i've purchased a car. Found a killer deal on a car I feel has exactly what I need(not what I want). It should be arriving late next week and needless to say I cant wait. Ended up with a JBM, PDK, no sunroof, RAS, Porsche entry/drive, heated/ventilated seats. It doesn't have the 18 way seats which I preferred but wasn't an absolute must. It's a CPO so 4.5 years of warranty is a huge plus. All in all I'm very happy with my purchase and am anxiously waiting to receive and begin the modding process. Thank you all for all the input!
Old 05-11-2019, 11:59 AM
CT_Peter
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 107 Posts

Congrats! Sounds great and you’re going to love it!
Old 05-11-2019, 12:11 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CT_Peter
Congrats! Sounds great and you’re going to love it!
Thank you!
Old 05-11-2019, 05:22 PM
crashedsnow
Advanced

I'm happy to report that i've purchased a car. Found a killer deal on a car I feel has exactly what I need(not what I want). It should be arriving late next week and needless to say I cant wait. Ended up with a JBM, PDK, no sunroof, RAS, Porsche entry/drive, heated/ventilated seats. It doesn't have the 18 way seats which I preferred but wasn't an absolute must. It's a CPO so 4.5 years of warranty is a huge plus. All in all I'm very happy with my purchase and am anxiously waiting to receive and begin the modding process. Thank you all for all the input!
Photos or it didn't happen 😉
Old 05-11-2019, 06:11 PM
eysa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by crashedsnow
Photos or it didn't happen 😉
I know I know.... it arrives next week(hopefully) but here are a couple from the seller.

Old 05-11-2019, 06:17 PM
Meeper
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

That's one good looking machine! Congrats and happy driving!!
Old 05-11-2019, 06:26 PM
CT_Peter
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 107 Posts

Delicious with so much black! Very nice!

Quick Reply: Need help choosing between GTS options