Sponsored by:

991 Speedster

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 02:27 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by DBH
I've heard that the Speedster may be shown at NY auto show.
They showed it on CNBC this morning while interviewing Klaus Zellmer (CEO Porsche USA). Beautiful!

Last edited by shammerman; 04-17-2019 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-17-2019, 03:10 PM
T3X4S
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 100 Posts

That is a nice looking vehicle.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:39 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

I'm surprised there is not more excitement for this introduction on RL. Obviously the car has been teased for a long time. Crazy expensive. A little impractical with the roof. Maybe folks are just a little burned out on these unobtainable special editions.

J
Old 04-18-2019, 01:49 AM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
I'm surprised there is not more excitement for this introduction on RL. Obviously the car has been teased for a long time. Crazy expensive. A little impractical with the roof. Maybe folks are just a little burned out on these unobtainable special editions.

J
It's a stupid car nobody will see and nobody will drive because it's only about the $$$. Nothing groundbreaking, just a lame 911 that will rot away in some garages.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:35 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
It's a stupid car nobody will see and nobody will drive because it's only about the $$$. Nothing groundbreaking, just a lame 911 that will rot away in some garages.
Unfortunately true. I'm not impressed any longer with these completely out of reach by ordinary Porsche owners models that appear and are only offered to 918 or 911R buyers.
It's a beautiful car that should be at $150k + not some ridiculous mark up. If it is that important a model add it to the already bloated line up so Porsche owners have a shot.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:57 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Unfortunately true. I'm not impressed any longer with these completely out of reach by ordinary Porsche owners models that appear and are only offered to 918 or 911R buyers.
It's a beautiful car that should be at $150k + not some ridiculous mark up. If it is that important a model add it to the already bloated line up so Porsche owners have a shot.
^ truth.
Old 04-18-2019, 02:47 PM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by HerrKraut
I have had a two deposit in at Walters/Riverside Porsche for the new 991 Speedster for nearly a year. I was just informed they will not be honoring my deposit for the second and third Speedster they may receive. They do not know their allocation of Speedsters and said they are sorry they can not promise me a car at this time. How lucky am I? Has anyone else had this issue happen to them?
So basically they held your moola for a year interest free and they dont have a car for you?

i be pissed

PS My experience with Walters porsche in the past is POOR....i been in there a few times looking around for cars etc. and the sales people doesnt seem to care or want to earn my business....so i take my business elsewhere :-)
Old 04-19-2019, 08:36 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by DBH
I've heard that the Speedster may be shown at NY auto show.
Yes. Saw in "in the metal" this am at the PCA / New York Auto Show event. Stunning.

Originally Posted by Psorcery
So spot on and so sad at the same time. It's an outstanding drivers car - an atmospheric 4.0 with a 6sp mt, LWBS and with beautiful touches of gold. Visually it absolutely works. But to lock it in a garage? German folklore-esk in the tragedy of it...

"Rupunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair, So that I may climb thy golden stair" (and drive you).

Yes. Fractional ownership. Anyone in?
Old 04-19-2019, 09:01 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by DBH
I think I'm safe to say that most are already "sold" at something over MRSP. Also, the secondary market will probably see sales at $500+k.
Not the case with all dealers. I am looking for one but only if I can get it at MSRP, which may be impossible but I am trying so if someone has a lead on one please PM me. I have had 2 dealers tell me that they do not yet have allocations and I am on the list albeit they said it is too early to talk price.

And if I get one I will drive it just the way I am driving my Targa GTS: a couple times a week and I guess about 3-4k miles a year; if I did not have a Harley it would be more than that.

Last edited by Bob Z.; 04-19-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:50 PM
HerrKraut
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Quick Update on my experience with Walter's Riverside Porsche. I received an email and VM today saying, I do not have a Speedster allocation and for me to (From Ed Finley, the sales manager) "Please except the fact we cannot supply you a car at this time. Please put in your efforts finding a car elsewhere if they are available as I would hate to see you lose that opportunity." I guess putting in a deposit for the second and third allocation for a Speedster almost a year ago, doesn't count as effort in an "opportunity" to own a Speedster. I was contacted a few times prior to this email and VM but was on vacation and not able to respond back. I guess expanding their customer base in not important.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:02 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

I am sorry to hear it as it seemed you really wanted one. I, too wanted one albeit i am still having a lot of fun with my 6 month old Targa GTS and was working on customizing more interior bits today so I am content, but I still feel your pain. Keep looking though and maybe you can find one and fulfill your wish.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:20 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

As much as I agree, Porsche can afford to go this route. As well as some other makes...something started with F comes into mind..
And it is a beautiful car. I saw it presented at Reunion and loved it.

Quick Reply: 991 Speedster