Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Swap Meet Hershey PA April 20th?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 02:05 PM
CLeagones
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
If someone here is going and they can locate the silver airbag circular trim, which is on the 991.2 airbags (and other late model Porsches) I would greatly appreciate it. I have contacted every dismantler and parts place I could find online and none of them had it and since the trim ring is not a part that is sold by itself I would have to buy a replacement airbag just to get it (for about $1k!). If one can locate a blown or otherwise damaged airbag at the Swap Meet I assume you could buy the entire piece, if they did not want to sell just the trim ring, and I will pay you for it as well as the shipping. Below is a picture of exactly what I am looking for. Thanks in advance...

Bob,
Were you able to remove this ring ?? I trying to do the same with my ring also...its looks like a one time use ring to me but wasn't sure if you had any success with yours....
Old 05-24-2019, 02:18 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

I have not but I am still thinking about it. I am trying to source a couple airbag covers that have the silver trim ring on them and see if I can remove it from the back side, which based on a picture I found may be possible. But if you look closely it appears to snap into place so you might be able to get it off and be able to resue it. In the meantime I wrapped it; however, I am not 100% happy with it since wrapping it while on the airbag was not easy thus the perfection I desire is not there:

Old 05-24-2019, 02:52 PM
CLeagones
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I have not but I am still thinking about it. I am trying to source a couple airbag covers that have the silver trim ring on them and see if I can remove it from the back side, which based on a picture I found may be possible. But if you look closely it appears to snap into place so you might be able to get it off and be able to resue it. In the meantime I wrapped it; however, I am not 100% happy with it since wrapping it while on the airbag was not easy thus the perfection I desire is not there:

Gotcha..... for some reason my trim has peeled in some parts which is an extreme eyesore for me and looking for an alternative for it...plastidip or wrapping I would assume for the moment.??
Old 05-24-2019, 02:55 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Peeling? On the silver trim ring? Can you post a pic? If you are interested in an airbag cover if I can get some let me know.

Quick Reply: Porsche Swap Meet Hershey PA April 20th?