Sponsored by:

Fidelity Warranty- Michael Jordan

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 09:18 PM
evannever
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Recommend Mr. Jourdan

FWIW, I just purchased a Carrera 4 and Michael gave me his quote for Rennlist members. The dealer ended up beating by a hair, but I can't recommend Michael's service enough.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:37 PM
Kennethjk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Upscale Audio
For the sake of data:

I have a 2015 911 GTS that was in warranty w/ 9877 miles on it when I bought a 8 year 80k Fidelity Platinum warranty w/ $100 deductible on 9/17/18. It expires 9/17/26 at 89,977 miles

I paid $2878 for it and though I haven't used it yet I would not be without it based on earlier Porsches.

The price I paid was supposed to be dead cost because the dealer f*cked me around.

Michael Jordan sells warrantees for 45% off retail from the quote he gave me on my 2012 GTS and I think he ends up making 20%. from what I figure. Frankly, that's a good deal.

I've never bought a service contract ever on any car including numerous Ferraris. On a Porsche 911 at the prices we can get them for I'd do it. Esp if you have a PDK. Mine failed at 9877 miles. In fact the new 991 7 speed manual trans may be as impossible to service as the PDK since they are the same box more or less, correct?

As to going to the dealer for Fidelity service...if it's a big repair I'd take it to the dealer but on one of my claims they said their shop rates were higher than what Fidelity pays.....typical Porsche dealer bullcrap money-grab. I said "You sell this warranty as a $100 deductible now you want to try to screw me?" They backed off. Dealers are so friggin' dishonest.

As another point:

I have a 2012 GTS w/ 20,485 miles out of warranty. On 6/14/19 I bought a 6 year 60k mile warranty with a $250 deductible. The retail price was $7880, Michael quoted me $4334, and I paid $3827. But the dealer would have normally required inspection and frankly, I think they cut me some slack on price because of my service experience.

I think I read somewhere on the forums about another dealer...I think they are a Toyota dealer....selling warrantees,

I wrote to Troy at the Toyota dealership and he told me that he cannot sell a Fidelity warranty if the car is past the original 4 year 50k. My car was CPO and the CPO warranty expires in Jan 2020.

i am contacting Michael Jourdan to see if he can help.

thanks everyone for the information , this has been very helpful.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:42 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Kennethjk
I wrote to Troy at the Toyota dealership and he told me that he cannot sell a Fidelity warranty if the car is past the original 4 year 50k. My car was CPO and the CPO warranty expires in Jan 2020.

i am contacting Michael Jourdan to see if he can help.

thanks everyone for the information , this has been very helpful.
Just purchased my 6yr 60k w/$250 deductible from Troy at $1954. Mileage was 9912 (!) to get in before 10k. It's my second from Troy and he is very good to deal with. My last one was cashed in when selling the car, super easy.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:08 AM
zoiks
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I've been looking at the Fidelity plan with Michael Jourdan. I called my Porsche Dealership and asked them if they had good experiences with Fidelity and I also wanted to confirm Porsche did not offer any further warranty extensions for a 2012 991.1 S. To my surprise he said that Porsche USA does in fact offer factory warranty extensions, bumper-to-bumper for my car. I said "true factor warranty"...him, "yes, factory Porsche CPO extended warranty." I asked him to email me the Porsche literature on the extended coverage and it said "Quality Shield Protection Plan." There is no mention of it being directly from Porsche and it reads like the Fidelity extended warranty. Has anyone else heard of this warranty extension from Porsche? Buying direct from Porsche cuts out the middle man and would be a lot better if truly a Porsche extension. It seems unlikely at this point. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-20-2019, 12:14 AM
Kennethjk
Instructor

Originally Posted by zoiks
I've been looking at the Fidelity plan with Michael Jourdan. I called my Porsche Dealership and asked them if they had good experiences with Fidelity and I also wanted to confirm Porsche did not offer any further warranty extensions for a 2012 991.1 S. To my surprise he said that Porsche USA does in fact offer factory warranty extensions, bumper-to-bumper for my car. I said "true factor warranty"...him, "yes, factory Porsche CPO extended warranty." I asked him to email me the Porsche literature on the extended coverage and it said "Quality Shield Protection Plan." There is no mention of it being directly from Porsche and it reads like the Fidelity extended warranty. Has anyone else heard of this warranty extension from Porsche? Buying direct from Porsche cuts out the middle man and would be a lot better if truly a Porsche extension. It seems unlikely at this point. Thanks for the help.

I purchased a warranty for my Macan from Porsche that is a branded policy from Safe-Guard. It was purchased earlier this year. It is not true bumper to bumper. There are some exclusions as there are for Fidelity also. If there is something new I would love to know about it for my 911S. I have a call into my P dealership to find out what they have to offer now.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:04 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Seems like I overpaid with the quotes seen here. I paid 5k for 6 year 60k mile platinum on my 15 GTS with 29975 miles.

I made a claim 4 weeks after purchasing for my rear wing deflector that was not sitting properly. I thought it would be a small fix but ended up being a 4K repair. glad I had the warranty which basically paid for itself with one fix.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:07 AM
Kennethjk
Instructor

Originally Posted by cajerseyboy
Seems like I overpaid with the quotes seen here. I paid 5k for 6 year 60k mile platinum on my 15 GTS with 29975 miles.

I made a claim 4 weeks after purchasing for my rear wing deflector that was not sitting properly. I thought it would be a small fix but ended up being a 4K repair. glad I had the warranty which basically paid for itself with one fix.

depending on the mileage of the car and the deductible of the policy u might not have overpaid. My quote was lower but I have a lot less mileage and I do think that makes a difference.

in any event I think having an extended warranty makes sense on these cars. I generally don’t get warranties on anything except for Porsche cars. Companies sell them to make money but like all insurance it is Russian roulette. Piece of mind is important.

good thing you had it.
Old 12-20-2019, 11:58 AM
marinb
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts

I talked to my local dealer, and Porsche does offer a Factory Extended Warranty (similar to the CPO coverage). However it's very expensive (like 2x) the Fidelity Platinum, and only covers a couple extra things that Fidelity doesn't. The dealer said he always just recommends going with the Fidelity Platinum. Also, he said that the Factory Extended Warranty is only "cheap" if you buy it on day 0 when you take delivery of the car, otherwise it's super expensive to add it later.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:50 PM
zoiks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by marinb
I talked to my local dealer, and Porsche does offer a Factory Extended Warranty (similar to the CPO coverage). However it's very expensive (like 2x) the Fidelity Platinum, and only covers a couple extra things that Fidelity doesn't. The dealer said he always just recommends going with the Fidelity Platinum. Also, he said that the Factory Extended Warranty is only "cheap" if you buy it on day 0 when you take delivery of the car, otherwise it's super expensive to add it later.
My dealership is back pedaling pretty fast now after I said I was calling Porsche to confirm that it truly is a Porsche warranty. I got an email from them saying it is "Porsches sponsored extended warranty." That still sounds like a third party and the contract reads like a third party. He then went on to say it isn't bumper to bumper and only excludes stuff the factory warranty excludes. This is not true since it did exclude items my factory Porsche warranty covered under the 2 year CPO. The final blow was when he said after calling around, this extended warranty would not apply to my car since it would only apply if I was still under the original factory warranty. All of that information was a lot different from what he said to me on the phone the day earlier. Given I have > 40,000 miles on my car, and it's a 2012 on the last leg of a CPO Porsche warranty I would highly desire a true factory Porsche extended warranty. Cost wise, from what I understand, when you buy the warranty has a big impact on its cost. For me, Fidelity is quoting ~ $9,000 for the $250 deductible and ~$7200 for the $500 deductible. Both are for the Platinum plans. Is this what others are being quoted for 2012/2013 Carrera S's? My original MSRP was around $120K. I know if I had purchased the extended warranty under the original factory warranty it would be a lot less. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:59 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 331 Likes on 190 Posts

My dealership is back pedaling pretty fast now after I said I was calling Porsche to confirm that it truly is a Porsche warranty. I got an email from them saying it is "Porsches sponsored extended warranty." That still sounds like a third party and the contract reads like a third party. He then went on to say it isn't bumper to bumper and only excludes stuff the factory warranty excludes. This is not true since it did exclude items my factory Porsche warranty covered under the 2 year CPO. The final blow was when he said after calling around, this extended warranty would not apply to my car since it would only apply if I was still under the original factory warranty. All of that information was a lot different from what he said to me on the phone the day earlier. Given I have > 40,000 miles on my car, and it's a 2012 on the last leg of a CPO Porsche warranty I would highly desire a true factory Porsche extended warranty. Cost wise, from what I understand, when you buy the warranty has a big impact on its cost. For me, Fidelity is quoting ~ $9,000 for the $250 deductible and ~$7200 for the $500 deductible. Both are for the Platinum plans. Is this what others are being quoted for 2012/2013 Carrera S's? My original MSRP was around $120K. I know if I had purchased the extended warranty under the original factory warranty it would be a lot less. Thanks for the help.
For what mileage and term of coverage are your quotes?
Old 12-20-2019, 06:01 PM
zoiks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Al.Fresco
For what mileage and term of coverage are your quotes?
The maximum they can do for my mileage and year is 5 years/60,000 miles. Given I don't put a lot of miles on my car I will time out at 5 years and never reach the incremental 60,000 miles.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:07 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

^^^ 40,000 miles is what causes the high quote. I don't remember which thread is the info included but the Fidelity warranty premium is very mileage sensitive
Old 12-20-2019, 08:11 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,427 Likes on 2,343 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
^^^ 40,000 miles is what causes the high quote. I don't remember which thread is the info included but the Fidelity warranty premium is very mileage sensitive
Correct, there are mileage milestones such as 30k miles (check with the seller to be sure) where the price goes up a lot. It is always a good idea to buy it just before the OEM warranty expires; however, if one is approaching a mileage milestone it is better to buy it a little early.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:57 PM
Kennethjk
Instructor

check with Michael Jourdan at Mossy Motors on a price for a Fidelity warranty. He will need the VIN and mileage and of course year of the car. He discounts price by 45% and you will find out if his deal is better.

another Porsche dealer offered me something from Axiom with no deductible and almost factory warranty but much more money.

still deciding

I e mailed Michael Jourdan all info and he got back to me right away. Good luck.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:59 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,427 Likes on 2,343 Posts

For those that care I first talked to Jordon almost 20 years ago about a warranty, and who knows how long he was doing them before that, and he still has a great rep for doing business with.
The following users liked this post:
Kennethjk (12-21-2019)

Quick Reply: Fidelity Warranty- Michael Jordan