Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Nick Murray Lemon?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 02:34 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

Unreal the luck this guy has with 911's. Literally nobody else has an issue like that with one car, nevermind two.

But it made him "Youtube" famous-ish, which paid for itself and then some I'm sure. So that's probably why he's humble about it.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:05 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 461 Likes on 300 Posts

I enjoy his vids.

Even so, I find it odd, the issues he's had. These forums are not filled with similar tales. I do find it plausible that the camera equipment wiring may be the gremlin source. Seems to me, a lot of the issues have been electrical, and I believe he's tapped into the electrics?

Nick, what's your take on this?

(By the way, until your recent posts here, I had no idea that you were aware of our little corner of the world here on RL).
Old 04-13-2019, 08:10 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Unreal the luck this guy has with 911's. Literally nobody else has an issue like that with one car, nevermind two.

But it made him "Youtube" famous-ish, which paid for itself and then some I'm sure. So that's probably why he's humble about it.
Your "Youtube" famous-ish is others expensive audio/video equipment and personal time.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:16 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary JR
Your "Youtube" famous-ish is others expensive audio/video equipment and personal time.
Although his page isn't that big, you'd be surprised at what some of these guys make. Can become self funding, and I'm not talking camera equipment, but cars.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:19 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by K-A
Although his page isn't that big, you'd be surprised at what some of these guys make. Can become self funding, and I'm not talking camera equipment, but cars.
Got it.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:21 AM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 237 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
He made around $36K for one year
Old 04-13-2019, 11:30 AM
kuma1416
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
He actually posted a vid revealing about how much he makes from his channel- if I remember correctly it was around 30K or so. A good amount but not huge $$. Considering the work he puts into his vids, it's definitely more a labor of love (and amusement).
Old 04-13-2019, 12:41 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,341 Posts

The man lives in a Million $ home!!

I think he’ll be OKAY!!

$30k from a YT channel isn’t making or breaking him!
Old 04-13-2019, 01:06 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 546 Posts

I wonder if there is a threshold dollar amount that a car manufacturer doesn’t want to cross when repeatedly performing warranty work on the same item.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:19 PM
gary.lee
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
The man lives in a Million $ home!!

I think he’ll be OKAY!!

$30k from a YT channel isn’t making or breaking him!
Don't know where u live but a lot of homes in USA are well-over a million now.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:26 PM
gary.lee
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No offense to Nick or the posters here but I think there is something seriously wrong with Porsche. When you have 2 well-documented failures with very serious problems, there is definitely something wrong with manufacturing or design of electrical system in the car.

I personally think 991 or 992 are overly complicated. The cross section provided by Porsche clearly showed an incredibly complicated and busy mechanical layout that is doomed for serious failures when a wire or a piece plastic is broken.

I also think it's very suspicious that Nick Murray apparently didn't have any bad feeling towards Porsche even after his 2nd 991 (over 140k with all the ridiculous options) failed.

There's something fishy that I rather not say too clearly. I used to think Nick Murray is kind of funny but genuine in his videos.

Now I dont really believe anything he says.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:44 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gary.lee
Don't know where u live but a lot of homes in USA are well-over a million now.
Dude, I'm a police officer and probably make a year what most of you RLsters make in a week.
I just have good credit and hard work ethics, so making a payment on my 7 years old Turbo S "Bucket List" car is worth it
to me but NOT normal for 95% of the public.

Not sure what you're getting at but NOT every tax paying American can afford to live in a $1,000,000 home.
I was just saying that for Nick (who told us what his house was worth in a vid of his) isn't going to be bothered by a
$100K car being bought back by Porsche and losing some of his investment (pdf, mods, etc.)
For me, it'd be WAY bigger deal. I think the guy will be just fine.

Oh and btw, I paid $124K for my house that is now worth approx. $250-300K...For us common folk, that's a big deal.
Several houses close to a Mil. just up my street within 1 mile though. So I know it's "Common" but just not for 3/4's of the working class.
Most of the rich folks have DD cars worth more than my crib.

Last edited by Big Swole; 04-13-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:59 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Sure seemed like there was something loose or shorting when the car would die if he hit a big bump. Also does look suspicious that he had the aftermarket stuff installed. I wonder if Porsche would have bought the car back if Murray did not have a big internet presence. Yeah he was very patient with all the issues, but some of that had to be not burning bridges with Porsche. He was a nice internet thing going and I find it very entertaining, and ranting about problems probably would not help. Glad he did not gloss over that stuff though and was honest about all the issues.
Old 04-13-2019, 03:11 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Dude, I'm a police officer and probably make a year what most of you RLsters make in a week.
I just have good credit and hard work ethics, so making a payment on my 7 years old Turbo S "Bucket List" car is worth it
to me but NOT normal for 95% of the public.

Not sure what you're getting at but NOT every tax paying American can afford to live in a $1,000,000 home.
I was just saying that for Nick (who told us what his house was worth in a vid of his) isn't going to be bothered by a
$100K car being bought back by Porsche and losing some of his investment (pdf, mods, etc.)
For me, it'd be WAY bigger deal. I think the guy will be just fine.

Oh and btw, I paid $124K for my house that is now worth approx. $250-300K...For us common folk, that's a big deal.
Several houses close to a Mil. just up my street within 1 mile though. So I know it's "Common" but just not for 3/4's of the working class.
Most of the rich folks have DD cars worth more than my crib.
He says it is a million dollar house but there is reason to be skeptical of a smallish, non brick/stone, and front facing garage on a small lot. No evidence of it being a gated community.
Old 04-13-2019, 03:23 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary JR
He says it is a million dollar house but there is reason to be skeptical of a smallish, non brick/stone, and front facing garage on a small lot. No evidence of it being a gated community.

People like that, I just take their word for it.
He doesn't seem like the type to lie about something like that.
But if he did lie, then that's on him and maybe he does have to worry
about his being bought back. I doubt it though. lol

Quick Reply: Another Nick Murray Lemon?