Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   Quick Jack for 991.2 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1127390-quick-jack-for-991-2-a.html)

Carlos Moro 06-28-2020 07:31 PM

QuickJack seems to be the best solution out there (and most expensive) if you need to lift all four wheels off the ground. But there are other less expensive solutions out there if you only need two wheels off the ground.

PS: I spent hours researching different threads on this forum and I found so much information that I decided to make a video with everything I learned as a way to give back to community:
(if you watch this please let me know if I missed anything, or if I am doing anything wrong)

mx-5 01-23-2021 05:25 PM

Sorry for digging up older thread, but I'm considering QJ. The 7000EXT would be preferred if it fits my 991.1, as it helps future proof in case of getting an EV. Tried to measure on my 991.1 and it's not so easy to accurately measure tire spread using Quickjack's steps of measuring 3 inches above ground.

@shaginwagon your picture above would have been the anecdotal evidence I'm looking for, except the out-of-focus pic seems to show BL-7000SLX instead of 7000EXT you wrote.

Thanks in advance for any input.

TwoBit 01-23-2021 06:16 PM

If anyone is in the Houston area interested in buying a BL-5000SLX in great condition, let me know. I have mine available if interested.

Class5Kayaker 01-25-2021 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by mx-5 (Post 17184255)
Sorry for digging up older thread, but I'm considering QJ. The 7000EXT would be preferred if it fits my 991.1, as it helps future proof in case of getting an EV. Tried to measure on my 991.1 and it's not so easy to accurately measure tire spread using Quickjack's steps of measuring 3 inches above ground.

@shaginwagon your picture above would have been the anecdotal evidence I'm looking for, except the out-of-focus pic seems to show BL-7000SLX instead of 7000EXT you wrote.

Thanks in advance for any input.

I have the 7000-SLX. The EXT was too long to fit between the wheelspan of our cars according to QJ when I ordered mine. Of course I haven't tried it (since I have the SLX), but the SLX a pretty tight fit between our wheels so I believe them. I also have a BMW X-5 which is why I purchased the 7000-SLX (for weight purposes), but the SLX isn't long enough to use the factory lift points on my X5 (even if you try to use the QJ frames perpendicular). QJ has a solution. They have extenders that turn an SLX into an EXT.

https://www.quickjack.com/accessorie...me-extensions/

Jack F 01-25-2021 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker (Post 17187817)
I have the 7000-SLX. The EXT was too long to fit between the wheelspan of our cars according to QJ when I ordered mine. Of course I haven't tried it (since I have the SLX), but the SLX a pretty tight fit between our wheels so I believe them. I also have a BMW X-5 which is why I purchased the 7000-SLX (for weight purposes), but the SLX isn't long enough to use the factory lift points on my X5 (even if you try to use the QJ frames perpendicular). QJ has a solution. They have extenders that turn an SLX into an EXT.

The Quickjacks don’t have to be used in a front to back setup. They can also be used perpendicular to the car. One Quick Jack for the front jack points and the other for the rear jack points.

Class5Kayaker 01-25-2021 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jack F
The Quickjacks don’t have to be used in a front to back setup. They can also be used perpendicular to the car. One Quick Jack for the front jack points and the other for the rear jack points.

Yes, that's what I meant when I said perpendicular. But for some jobs/cars that method blocks things like the transmission. I guess if he bought an EXT and used it perpendicularly on the 911 he'd be able to do just about everything on the 911 due to its engine location. Not sure if it would interfere with a clutch job though. I'll have to pay closer attention next time I'm under my car.

Jack F 01-25-2021 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker (Post 17189229)
Yes, that's what I meant when I said perpendicular. But for some jobs/cars that method blocks things like the transmission. I guess if he bought an EXT and used it perpendicularly on the 911 he'd be able to do just about everything on the 911 due to its engine location. Not sure if it would interfere with a clutch job though. I'll have to pay closer attention next time I'm under my car.

That is what I meant. If you have a larger car, then maybe the longer version used perpendicular on the 911 would be the best option.

BlackOptic 01-26-2021 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker (Post 17187817)

Kayaker,
The 7000 is a little taller off the ground than the other models - does the 991.2 roll over the QJ and have enough clearance over the 7000 model?

Class5Kayaker 01-26-2021 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by BlackOptic (Post 17190624)
Kayaker,
The 7000 is a little taller off the ground than the other models - does the 991.2 roll over the QJ and have enough clearance over the 7000 model?

Lots of room on my stock height car. Even with SPASM cars, there should be enough room for the 7000 to fit. The 7000 is only 1/2" taller than the 3500 or 5000. On my non-SPASM car I still use the taller QJ block and a Rennline puck. I'm confident that the worst case scenario for lowered cars would be you'd need to use the smaller QJ block and no puck (which is fine, just line the rubber block up with the jack point hole).

moto_geek 12-27-2021 03:53 PM

I got the 7000 TLX model too.. for the 991.1 and I also have a Tacoma this will be very handy lubing suspension and drive lines.. Not a whole lot of extra price for the heavy duty.

straka 12-27-2021 08:46 PM

Very disappointed with the quality. Quality is poor Chinese manufacture. Since first use my QuickJack continually leaks hydraulic fluid at the jack and compressor fittings and the air cylinders will not hold a constant pressure for more than a few minutes (even after replacing air valves and re-sealing connection - bad air cylinders!) It's a 7000SLX that I bought new from Costco in 2020. After delivery I left it unopened in the box for just over a year, just long enough for warranty to expire (Therefore customer service will not replace it or send replacement parts under warranty.) 7000SLX is heavy and not easy to move around. Once car was lifted the air cylinders lost pressure making it difficult to lower my 991.2. A friend of mine purchased a similar QuickJack and after the first use most of the hydraulic fluid leaked over his garage floor. My QuickJack is now collecting dust in my garage. A +$1000 expensive mistake. I don't understand the good reviews it gets. A good idea but the quality is so poor.

moto_geek 12-27-2021 09:39 PM

Hopefully the new model TLX has some updates to fix what you discuss. The new version also goes 3 inches higher. I will do a review for people so can share my experience.

Jack F 12-27-2021 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by straka (Post 17868716)
Very disappointed with the quality. Quality is poor Chinese manufacture. Since first use my QuickJack continually leaks hydraulic fluid at the jack and compressor fittings and the air cylinders will not hold a constant pressure for more than a few minutes (even after replacing air valves and re-sealing connection - bad air cylinders!) It's a 7000SLX that I bought new from Costco. After delivery I left it unopened in the box for just over a year, just long enough for warranty to expire (Therefore customer service will not replace or send replacement parts.) 7000SLX is heavy and not easy to move around. Once car was lifted the air cylinders lost pressure making it difficult to lower my 991.2. A friend of mine purchased a similar QuickJack and after the first use most of the hydraulic fluid leaked over his garage floor. My QuickJack is now collecting dust in my garage. A +$1000 expensive mistake.

Discuss this with Costco. They back what they sell.

Imola02 12-27-2021 11:07 PM

Make sure you have a really level garage floor. I have a floor drain in my garage so there is a slight pitch to the center. Once I set up the QJ the slope is much more than I anticipated and not able to safely use them. Trying to find a way to level them with no luck, yet.

noahabel 12-28-2021 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jack F (Post 17868904)
Discuss this with Costco. They back what they sell.

As long as you can lug it to a warehouse location, Costco will accept the return even now. No reason to keep a faulty unit.