Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remove model designation lettering for paint correction and ceramic install?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 09:08 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 327 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
FYI: Some PPF is more glossy than others.
My PPF guy offers a choice of three, xpel ultimate plus, suntek ultra, or stek for the same price. Do you know which is more glossy?
Old 02-11-2019, 09:44 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

I went with Suntek since it looked the best to me on my Miami Blue car but they should have samples; however, just Google them all and find out what sheen you like best.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:05 PM
jimwood
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

Leave them on. It’s the rear - how much possible paint correction is needed in that area? Ceramic protection is applied the same as wax. Would you remove your emblems to wax your car?

I’ve done the Sonax ceramic on my 991 and my SUV - paint correction is a talent but applying ceramic coating is not...
Old 02-12-2019, 03:24 PM
Esoteric_Detail
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 173 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Objective Film Comparison

Originally Posted by V999

My PPF guy offers a choice of three, xpel ultimate plus, suntek ultra, or stek for the same price. Do you know which is more glossy?
Stek's paint protection film is objectively the most clear and glossy. Next is Xpel's film, then SunTek. Check out this link for how we come to those conclusions.

We are very particular about the film we use, to the point where we actually take measurements over time to track the quality of film to ensure that it is consistent. We've seen major variations with certain film manufacturers as they've changed manufacturing processes, scaled their operations, or changed the chemistry of their film.

Stek has been the most consistent over time, and consistently the best over all others. This may change as manufacturers catch up with new technologies, like how SunTek has introduced 72" film that now allows coverage of very large panels; i.e. Macan hoods, Aston Martin hoods, Audi R8 hoods, Ferrari F12/812 Superfast hoods, etc. But for now, Stek is the best that exists.
HRE Wheels . Forgeline Wheels . BBS Wheels . Akrapovic Exhaust . Fabspeed Exhaust . KW Suspension

9801 Karmar Ct. New Albany, Ohio 43054
(614) 855-6855
Contact@EsotericDetail.com
EsotericDetail.com
EsotericCarCare.com
ESOTERIC on YouTube

Quick Reply: Remove model designation lettering for paint correction and ceramic install?