Sponsored by:

Snowy day - 4 coats of Zaino.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 09:07 AM
Chris - 97C2
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by adcampo
There is something special of a clean black car. I've had a few in my life - BMW Carbon black E36 M3 and E60 M5. Love that color. As you probably know, the tricky bit it keeping them clean. What did you get?
Oh, I remember. My first (and only) black car was an '89 Corvette convertible, triple black. I got rear-ended and wound up reshooting the entire car in a Ford black and had it wet sanded and buffed -- it was gorgeous.

Now I have a Carrera T. Front end is covered in Suntek Ultra and I have considered doing the rest of the car in film, but think I may try working on her myself instead.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:18 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Bob Z. - not sure about sheen. The wheels are color matched painted Basal black. I used 2 coats of Z2 to polish them. Hope that answers your question. Although not recommended, I toped them with a 3rd coat of Rejex. Can't hurt.
I guess I should have asked if they were gloss non-metallic or metallic?
Old 01-14-2019, 10:36 AM
adcampo
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My bad. Factory black paint with clear coat. I wonder if they use the same process for painted wheels. They hold up pretty well.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:37 AM
adcampo
Burning Brakes

Oh, and I really like they don't paint the barrels.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:38 AM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by garfunkle

Holy crap that aero looks awesome!

I thought I read that you have the X51/Power kit though. Why no center radiator?
Havent installed it yet. Still in the box. Haven’t needed it yet.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:15 PM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Homeles
Just got mine back from the detailer. 1 coat of Swiss Vax.

Great exhaust tips - Fabspeed??
Old 01-14-2019, 01:29 PM
adcampo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chris - 97C2
Oh, I remember. My first (and only) black car was an '89 Corvette convertible, triple black. I got rear-ended and wound up reshooting the entire car in a Ford black and had it wet sanded and buffed -- it was gorgeous.

Now I have a Carrera T. Front end is covered in Suntek Ultra and I have considered doing the rest of the car in film, but think I may try working on her myself instead.

Very nice. Are those PCCB's or just painted calipers? I've debated getting some front end film or ceramic coating. I honestly never keep a car long enough to get the ROI. Plus, it's a weekend car so I keep the overall miles down. Enjoy. I love the 993 in your avatar. I got really close to pulling the trigger on one of those last year. I just couldn't bring myself to spending to paying someone a large amount of money for a car with 80K+ miles that most likely needs an engine out service.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:56 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 545 Likes on 371 Posts

Nice! I've been using Zaino for about 20 years now. Is that a unicycle I see on the wall?
Old 01-14-2019, 02:56 PM
Chris - 97C2
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice. Are those PCCB's or just painted calipers? I've debated getting some front end film or ceramic coating. I honestly never keep a car long enough to get the ROI. Plus, it's a weekend car so I keep the overall miles down. Enjoy. I love the 993 in your avatar. I got really close to pulling the trigger on one of those last year. I just couldn't bring myself to spending to paying someone a large amount of money for a car with 80K+ miles that most likely needs an engine out service.
They are PCCBs. I wanted better performance than the stock brakes and while they are expensive, the aftermarket kids are as well and you don't get a factory warranty. The lack of brake dust is nice too.

I do miss my 993... would have made some nice money on it if I had kept it longer. Oh well. Way more performance (and comfort) in the new one though!
Old 01-14-2019, 04:06 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by the_buch
Great exhaust tips - Fabspeed??
AWE

Quick Reply: Snowy day - 4 coats of Zaino.