Finalizing 4 GTS build

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 11:06 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 710 Likes on 495 Posts
Default Finalizing 4 GTS build

I am finalizing a 4 GTS build and have noticed an inconsistency with my build.

In one configurator scenario, adding the PDLS+ lights XEY , automatically added a code 748 that is electrically folding side mirrors including courtesy lighting.

In another indentical build, adding the PDLS+ XEY, did not add the 748 code.

Build price is identical for both builds. The Sport Design mirrors look better in my opinion. What are you thoughts? Do you fold your mirrors to warrant this no charge option? Do the Sport Design mirrors fold manually?

Thanks.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:45 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

The SD mirrors fold manually and I have never found the need to do so as they do not stick out that much as compared to the rear of the car, and they look much better than the power folding ones.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:57 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 710 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
The SD mirrors fold manually and I have never found the need to do so as they do not stick out that much as compared to the rear of the car, and they look much better than the power folding ones.
Thank you Bob. The SD look much better and since they manually fold, it’s a no brainer to go with them.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:48 AM
hbear
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

As posted above. The sport mirrors look way better.
No need to fold as they literally stick out maybe a couple of inches more than the wide body.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:13 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

That sure seems like a configurator bug. I'm not even sure how you can spec the power folding mirrors anymore. It looks like the "lower trim of exterior mirrors painted" option triggers this. This is different in previous model years where you always got the black trim on the mirror base.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:49 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by digits
That sure seems like a configurator bug. I'm not even sure how you can spec the power folding mirrors anymore. It looks like the "lower trim of exterior mirrors painted" option triggers this. This is different in previous model years where you always got the black trim on the mirror base.
Before I ordered my Targa GTS I had ordered a Targa 4S and I opted for the Sport Design Mirrors with painted lowers; however, I could not get those on the GTS, and power folding mirror were/are not available on the Sport Design mirrors. I could have got them as a CXX option for $1400 but the Black lowers did not look bad and I like them now.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:02 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

I have painted and folding mirrors (with courtesy lights). I agree the sport mirrors look better but I love being able to fold the mirrors so easily on narrow streets and parking lots. And the courtesy lights do illuminate the ground (puddles) at night very nicely. Just info to offer.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:01 PM
bosco42
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Sport Design mirrors on my Targa 4 GTS but do miss the ability to fold them electronically as I can on my 488 GTB.
It's personal preference which is more important to you...the practicality of being able to fold them electronically or the esthetics of the SD mirrors.

Quick Reply: Finalizing 4 GTS build