Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobb Pro Tune for 991.2.. Its ready

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 10:46 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

I wish we could battle this out on the streets Fast and the Furious style.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:48 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 781 Likes on 454 Posts

I would pay to see that although it would have 0 bearing on which manifolds make more power... lol
Old 01-12-2019, 11:09 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Once I got a full car length ahead of PTS I would get right in front of him and activate my wipers to signify victory. His car would also get showered in my washer fluid.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:58 PM
Aatish
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Mooooonnnniiiiccccaaaaaaaa
Old 01-13-2019, 05:07 AM
Nathan_
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
It would only make sense that 2 cars, both 300-350lbs lighter than mine, wold be moving faster at the same RPM.
Only if the cars had different gearing / tyre sizes

Weight doesn’t alter the relationship between ground speed and rpm in a given gear.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:11 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 636 Likes on 347 Posts

"Weight doesn’t alter the relationship between ground speed and rpm in a given gear."

It doesnt huh? So why don't you go and pile 4 people in your car and see if your speed at 5500 rpm is the same, in the same gear as driver alone.
Does drag coefficient alter the relationship between speed and rpm in a given gear?

Are you serious?

Can you explain why lightweight wheels won't increase rpm/speed too?

Last edited by PTS-BRG; 01-13-2019 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:36 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

"Weight doesn’t alter the relationship between ground speed and rpm in a given gear."

It doesnt huh? So why don't you go and pile 4 people in your car and see if your speed at 5500 rpm is the same, in the same gear as driver alone.
Does drag coefficient alter the relationship between speed and rpm in a given gear?

Are you serious?

I would think the only way the speed would be different at the same RPM would be if there's slippage somewhere in the driveline, but that shouldn't be the case, right?

The heavier/less aerodynamically efficient car would just take longer to get to the same RPM and speed.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:55 PM
Nathan_
Instructor

Are you serious?

lol, seriously?

And no, of course drag doesn’t alter the relationship between engine speed and road speed in a given gear.

It it will take longer to accelerate to a given speed if it is heavier or has more drag but it won’t alter the gearing.

What between the crank shaft and tyre would magically change ratio when you pile 4 people in your car?

The only way lighter wheels would change the relationship between rpm and road speed is if they were a different size and therefore altered the overall gearing of the car.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:56 PM
Nathan_
Instructor

Originally Posted by reacher
I would think the only way the speed would be different at the same RPM would be if there's slippage somewhere in the driveline, but that shouldn't be the case, right?

The heavier/less aerodynamically efficient car would just take longer to get to the same RPM and speed.
exactly.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:05 PM
SeeForce
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

wait, what? I just popped in here and this statement has me as confused as a baby raccoon that has lost its mother. so like, youre saying that if my wife is driving my car and she weighs less than me, at 2500 rpm in 3rd gear, shes going to be traveling at a higher rate of speed? No. you may burn more fuel at the same rpm/speed with more weight, but the road speed would be the same.

again, what?

on edit: also, if I were driving into a 1000 mph headwind, the road speed would be the same at 2500 rpm in 3rd gear as it would be at zero headwind, assuming no slip. what? Its like, math.

Last edited by SeeForce; 01-13-2019 at 03:08 PM. Reason: more, what?
Old 01-14-2019, 02:20 AM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 594 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmo1
To begin it's not that I do not have the extra 1k to spend on the Vektor's but why if there is no difference? I refuse to browse boostaddict any longer due to sticky and his buddies over there bashing anything that they do not endorse and that's why I'm here but they troll over here too unfortunately. I could see Vektor's price being a little higher due to material differences but $1000 is ridiculous...
I did a quick look at the prices for tube stock at Burns Stainless.

321SS at Burns is 70% more expensive. I did a quick search on the cost the the Kline headers in inconel and Brentuning had them for $5195.00. I saw Vividracing has the Kline 304 for $2280. So that x 70% = $3876 just for reference.

Below is the analysis I did a while ago. I used %gain due to different dynos being used. In the Fabspeed vs. Vektor, it was Fabspeed in-house dyno on a Carrera 4S vs MotoIQ dyno test of Vektor on a Carrera S at World motorsport (same dyno used by Sam at ByDesign and also Mitch of Cobb). Both cars completely stock except for the header swaps. For anyone questioning MotoIQs test methodology, the summary is they monitored coolant, oil, and IAT temps to make sure each of the EIGHT dyno pulls started with the same initial conditions to minimize variables to get the most consistent results. Of course World Motorsports wind tunnel dyno provides the best airflow for testing possible out of any dyno I know of. And they also used blowers for each IC. I have not yet seen anyone perform as thorough of a test procedure anywhere. https://motoiq.com/testing-vektor-pe...911-carrera/3/

For Kline vs. Vektor, I used PTS dyno data on his GTS with listed mods vs. Vektor data on their in-house dyno. Both Cobb stage 1 tune. PTS has 200cell cats and air filter in addition before the header swap.

Again, I encourage anyone else to do a similar analysis. At the time, this was best data available as no one has done a back to back on the same car on the same dyno.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:40 AM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

^^
Old 01-14-2019, 08:36 AM
cosmo1
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

So who wants to take a wild guess which one of those guys are sticky from boostaddict because that's exactly the kind of crap he pulls on his dying little forum that no one uses anymore... lol
Old 01-14-2019, 01:49 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 594 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmo1
So who wants to take a wild guess which one of those guys are sticky from boostaddict because that's exactly the kind of crap he pulls on his dying little forum that no one uses anymore... lol
We are all still waiting for him to do the 3-way header shootout.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:52 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 636 Likes on 347 Posts

We will be waiting a long time if it’s even done at all. And, the guy is so strange that I’m not sure I will even believe his results even if he deems Kline the best. Guy is very very odd.

Quick Reply: Cobb Pro Tune for 991.2.. Its ready