Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Farah and Demuro trash talks Rennlist and I'm loving it!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019 | 04:44 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Originally Posted by garfunkle
Ha. Even at the local PCA events there is definitely a group that view me as an outcast with their 100% OEM air-cooled cars. I have full plenum, filters, headers, exhaust, tune, Coilovers(barely lowered ~ 3/4"), transmission mounts, GT3 sways and bbi suspension bearing kit plus lots of minor aesthetic things like clear side markers, SPASM lip, Black headlight vinyl surrounds and a handful of other aesthetic things that any lay person would never know wasn't OEM. The car is completely transformed in terms of handling, power and looks. But.... hardcore OEMphiles hate it. Don't care.
They're a bunch of snooty lame-o's. Screw them.
Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Well I didn't even bother watching the vid. That's how little I care for the opinion of journo's. They just want to incite and have people argue and watch. I don't care what they say. I don't care what my car is worth. It's my car, and I will mod the hell out of it. I will make it exactly how i want it, which is damn fast and exciting. I showed up to a Porsche Club meeting. I was the only 991.2 (Only 991 for that matter) No one spoke to me. I looked at a few of the cooler air cooled ones. Had a coffee and left.

Totally fine with that. Plenty of guys talk to me at the track. I find handing someone their *** at the track is always a great ice breaker. I love all 911's. I love highly individualised and Modded ones even better.
I see configuration as mods. It's all good. Couldn't give a toss how much any of them are worth. The only thing that makes me laugh is the T's (I love the T's) but I don't drink the cool aid that they will be worth more money.

Here is a big hint. They are the cheapest 911, so they allow more people to buy them. If they start as the cheapest 911, they will end as the cheapest 911. Its just a base. The base will always be popular. No one will be selling the GT3 to rush in and pay over price for a T. But I really don't care. The second hand market that wants a T, actually wants the cheapest entry level 911. Pump more of them out. Everyone should enjoy the pleasure of a 911.

I wouldn't be buying a T thinking it will go up in value. But what do I know. I wouldn't be buying any P car to go up in value. I buy them to mod and drive the tyres off them.
All this..

I thought about joining the local PCA.. I found pictures online of the cars and the faces behind them.. Ehh, no thanks. I knew I wouldn't fit in. Not that I really want to fit in but it seemed like a waste of time. Everyone was ugly too for some reason.
Old 01-10-2019 | 04:46 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Psorcery
They're a bunch of snooty lame-o's. Screw them.

All this..

I thought about joining the local PCA.. I found pictures online of the cars and the faces behind them.. Ehh, no thanks. I knew I wouldn't fit in. Not that I really want to fit in but it seemed like a waste of time. Everyone was ugly too for some reason.
LMAO.

I joined for the magazine and some local events, but I have yet to see any events on the calendar. I thought this was the largest chapter (Potomac). WTF!
Old 01-10-2019 | 04:55 PM
Randy M
Drifting

I'm sure every PCA event and chapter is just a bit different, sub groups within etc. All you can do is put your best foot forward. Having said that I haven't attended anything. From what I've seen it does look like a somewhat older crowd 55+ (Still under 50 here) and a bit of a drive to the vineyard with the wife in a convoy type vibe.
Old 01-10-2019 | 04:58 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

I'm 46. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it for a year.
Old 01-10-2019 | 07:22 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Old guys over 55, OUCH!! I'm 65 and on Porsche #13 which is tuned to over 600hp. Still play tennis 3 days a week, gym every day, work like a dog, travel internationally and have great sex with my wife who is 17 years younger. I'll let you know when I'm ready to take a nap.
Kind of agree though, don't go to many PCA events at all as they are very but have done a few tech sessions and the track driving events are worthwhile.
I would waste my time watching those to numbskulls on the video.
Old 01-10-2019 | 08:13 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Everyone was ugly too for some reason.
Its becuase they are either wealthy or smart or both. But who cares about looks. You shouldn’t.

The Chicago PCA folks I’ve met over the years aren’t snooty. They are just car people, friendly, etc.
Old 01-10-2019 | 09:00 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

All young pretty folk buy Lexi. I'm mean you see their commercials right?

And, of course, all stereotypes are 100% true.

Oh, and Penn4S? TMI dude. T. M. I.
Old 01-10-2019 | 09:12 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

When Farah built a safari car, it was a sure sign the fad had run its course.
Old 01-10-2019 | 09:14 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Originally Posted by murphyslaw1978

Its becuase they are either wealthy or smart or both. But who cares about looks. You shouldn’t.

The Chicago PCA folks I’ve met over the years aren’t snooty. They are just car people, friendly, etc.
Hey, cant win at everything right?

I really dont doubt the Chicago PCA are nice people. IMO Chicago has some of the friendliest people I've met in the country. There seems to be some kind of good vibe in Chicago despite the ghettos and crimes the media dissects and blows out of proportion.

In my state people move here to retire or to start fresh. People clash and are overall standoffish/confrontational... Barely a hundred year old state.... Ahhh, the flavors of PCA.
Old 01-10-2019 | 09:17 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
When Farah built a safari car, it was a sure sign the fad had run its course.
I was thinking the same thing. lol

Guarantee you'll see that thing for sale in a year or two max.
Old 01-10-2019 | 09:18 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by worf928

Oh, and Penn4S? TMI dude. T. M. I.
lol. I was thinking it's either TMI or he's my hero. I probably would be bragging, too if I was in his shoes.
Old 01-10-2019 | 09:38 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

That is. I think I'm having sex.
Old 01-10-2019 | 09:44 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

I guess it doesn't really matter as long as it seems real. Like the Matrix.
Old 01-10-2019 | 10:23 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bonn72
I guess it doesn't really matter as long as it seems real.
We have a Philosopher Poet right there gentlemen :-)
Old 01-10-2019 | 10:47 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Works for me. A full service forum.

Quick Reply: Farah and Demuro trash talks Rennlist and I'm loving it!