2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Would love the headers but doubt it will pass visual or smog test in California
Old 01-07-2019, 02:24 PM
IMPorsche
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Any concern if the car is still under original factory warranty? Will dealer bitch about ti when it comes to warranty works? I think center muffler delete should be no issue, but I'm little concern with replacing header and cat.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:46 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 687 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by IMPorsche
Any concern if the car is still under original factory warranty? Will dealer bitch about ti when it comes to warranty works? I think center muffler delete should be no issue, but I'm little concern with replacing header and cat.
No concern with warranty issues, these are simple bolt on modifications, you are protected as a consumer. We have the information on our website!

27. What is the Magnuson-Moss Act and how do aftermarket parts affect my warranty?

In 1975, the United States government passed a law called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act which states that any modifications that do not, or cannot, cause damage to the car will not void the factory warranty. The Magnuson Moss act was created to protect USA consumers and give them a right and power so that manufacturers cannot deny warranty coverage. The only way warranty coverage can be denied is when a part or procedure specifically caused a failure or warranty claim. For example, if you installed a high performance exhaust system on your Ferrari or a set of custom wheels and your radio stopped working, then Ferrari can not void warranty coverage of the radio because of the modifications you made. Conversely, if you installed a supercharger or a nitrous oxide system on your Ferrari and you destroy a critical engine component, then logically Ferrari could and would void the engine warranty, but the other parts of the vehicle would still be fully covered by the original warranty.

Fabspeed Motorsports exhaust systems are designed as high performance replacement systems for the OEM exhaust system. which pose no threat to any other systems or functions on the vehicle.

If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emissions/warranty claims, contact the EPA at (202) 260-2080 or visit www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or visit www.ftc.gov.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act Information Link: https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2011...ermarket-parts

Old 01-11-2019, 03:09 PM
IMPorsche
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

I read in another forum that some people were experiencing CEL installing Fabspeed header with high flow cat. Just want to make sure if I choose to go that route, there is no tune needed (just plug and play and enjoy the great sound). Appreciate anyone with experience or Fabspeed could chime in
Old 01-11-2019, 05:20 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by IMPorsche
I read in another forum that some people were experiencing CEL installing Fabspeed header with high flow cat. Just want to make sure if I choose to go that route, there is no tune needed (just plug and play and enjoy the great sound). Appreciate anyone with experience or Fabspeed could chime in
Would love to chime in! We do guarantee, no CEL when properly using our Sport Cats, though less than 1% of users do experience an issue in which the initial install trigger a CEL requires them to clear their CEL once. This clears the code and we have never heard of it returning due to that issue.

There are of course other ways a CEL can arise, due to an actual issue. One common issue we have seen which occurs in most Sport Catalytic Converters, is that if you drive the car at low RPMs and low speeds consistently without really opening up the engine, there can be build up that occurs as the car does not have a chance to perform the natural cleaning process that happens to the Sport Cats at high speed.

I would love to chat directly if you have ANY concerns regarding the product! My direct line is 267-742-3049
Old 11-24-2019, 09:48 PM
Chris J
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Scott, just want to check which option is the max gain in the sound w/o worrying pass the emission in my country? I assume as long as not touching the cat should be ok? I am looking at "x-pipe exhaust system" and could you confirm if that bypass the factory muffler? tks.
The following users liked this post:
Fabspeed Motorsport (11-25-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 11:18 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chris J
Hey Scott, just want to check which option is the max gain in the sound w/o worrying pass the emission in my country? I assume as long as not touching the cat should be ok? I am looking at "x-pipe exhaust system" and could you confirm if that bypass the factory muffler? tks.
I'll shoot you a PM to get some more information

Quick Reply: After market exhaust options for 991.1