Sponsored by:

For the haters... (T content inside...)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 10:38 PM
BA73
Racer

Received 238 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Am I the only one that would have to have some sort of drop top 911 if also owned a GT car?! I mean why would one ever want to own a 2 Coupes, that while different in many ways still have a closed cockpit feel? Staying on topic though, if I had a GT car and wanted another 991 I could never see myself looking at a T.
I am no one special on this forum. I read the posts and my jaw drops at the Ferraris, Lamboghinis, McClarens, MONEY, not to mention custom garages, etc. I have nothing for love and respect for everyone here, I Just made a list though, I have purchased over $600k worth of sports cars, and not a single one was a convertible. Like you BobZ, I have even been a corvette guy, but I purchased a C6 Z06 and added a supercharger because I felt the C7 Z06 was soft, just due to the fact it was a convertible.Even my 2018 Jeep Rubicon with a 5" lift on 37s has a hard top...that will never come off. Just not a convertible guy. Different folks, differnt strokes.
Old 12-23-2018, 10:41 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Am I the only one that would have to have some sort of drop top 911 if also owned a GT car?! I mean why would one ever want to own a 2 Coupes, that while different in many ways still have a closed cockpit feel? Staying on topic though, if I had a GT car and wanted another 991 I could never see myself looking at a T.
I could rock a drop top.. It's definitely a different experience.

991.2 TTS Cab. Lowered, HRE wheels, exhaust work, tune, 700HP+. Top down crusin.. Mmm mmm mmm.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:03 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 676 Posts

I drive them like I stole them, so the main reason I wouldn't buy a soft top is fear of rolling it.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:04 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,458 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by BA73
I am no one special on this forum. I read the posts and my jaw drops at the Ferraris, Lamboghinis, McClarens, MONEY, not to mention custom garages, etc. I have nothing for love and respect for everyone here, I Just made a list though, I have purchased over $600k worth of sports cars, and not a single one was a convertible. Like you BobZ, I have even been a corvette guy, but I purchased a C6 Z06 and added a supercharger because I felt the C7 Z06 was soft, just due to the fact it was a convertible.Even my 2018 Jeep Rubicon with a 5" lift on 37s has a hard top...that will never come off. Just not a convertible guy. Different folks, differnt strokes.
I understand and I still feel the same way but I was trying to go along with the flow of the thread and hate on the T in a roundabout way.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:18 AM
BA73
Racer

Received 238 Likes on 100 Posts

I understand and I still feel the same way but I was trying to go along with the flow of the thread and hate on the T in a roundabout way.
love your honesty 🤣👊
Old 12-24-2018, 10:21 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 313 Posts

I've had 10 Porsches since 1970. I loved both my 914s, but they were rust prone and Porsche quit the model. Then I drove a 924T and a great market Euro 944. Then in 2000 ordered the new Boxster S. I really loved it, but had to start taking eye drops that made my eyes sensitive to light. Used the Boxster S less and less as time went on. Katrina totaled it. Tried a Cayenne GTS and Macan Turbo. Loved em but they didn't fill my desire for a sports car. So, a Cayman S, 991.1C2S and now this 991.2 PowerKit C2S. Never owned any other sports car. I'm a sunroof coupe devotee now. Love to own a GT3 but the always harsh ride and lack of sunroof and other options are a turn off for me. PDCC works for me - I can set the suspension for street or track, as needed.
When I get the urge for something different, I'll add a Techart wing and maybe a tune in a few years if they aren't causing engine or PDK failures. Unlike previous Porsches, the 991.2 is easily upgraded when more power is wanted.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:59 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
I don't think there's a single person who owns a 991 that hates a T. Hate? Seriously? Like hate a trim of a car? Hate is a strong word.

It's funny that what seems like all T owners think other 991 owners are haters.. What are we hating on again? This section is full of people with a 7-8 figure net worth along with collections of cars also in the same 7-8 figure category.

Now I know what the T stands for.. InferioriTy complex.
your proclaimed 7to 8 figure net worth has exactly no relevance to any part of this thread. Are we supposed to be impressed. (Yawn) I don’t recall calling you specifically or any one else directly a hater. However you do seem to react consistently to the term. Would it be a guilty conscience maybe or maybe a InferioriTy complex.[/QUOTE]

Of your own. Either way your passive aggressive belittling of the car and it’s owners is not in character of a educated wealthy gentleman.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:07 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

I think what it comes down to is that the T is compared to other 911's that cost more thereby causing the question to be asked if money was spent wisely. I'm not asking this question but rather owners of higher dollar 911's may be asking it of themselves. The reaction that stems out of this depends on the individual of course, but we've seen it manifested in many threads here on RL.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:34 PM
Copperhead37
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree
I have seen the same type of reaction on other sections of this site in regards to the GT3 T
owners of that car have been getting passive aggressive behavior from the 911R and GT3 owners as well. Personally I think it is just immaturity coming out over the net. I believe some people are intimidated by the popularity, appeal, and capability of this model versus price point.. They’re reactions are a result of there own insecurities. The title of this thread was completely benign and clearly alerted everyone that it was a T enthusiasts post. The only reason for someone to post belittling or negative content on this thread about the model or the owners is personal insecurities and childish immaturity.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:57 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Copperhead37
I agree
I have seen the same type of reaction on other sections of this site in regards to the GT3 T
owners of that car have been getting passive aggressive behavior from the 911R and GT3 owners as well. Personally I think it is just immaturity coming out over the net. I believe some people are intimidated by the popularity, appeal, and capability of this model versus price point.. They’re reactions are a result of there own insecurities. The title of this thread was completely benign and clearly alerted everyone that it was a T enthusiasts post. The only reason for someone to post belittling or negative content on this thread about the model or the owners is personal insecurities and childish immaturity.
I dont think the comments about the GT3 touring are at all passive aggressive. I think the comments are pretty direct as it seems to many that a GT3 (which is track-focused) with the aero deleted just isn’t a real GT3. Still a great car and all but really more 911R-ish, just without the fancy number plate. Very weird, and kinda silly, branding by PAG. Not unlike the T, which is really more of a Club Sport. How PAG comes up with some of this stuff is anyone’s guess. Anyway, nothing but love from me for the Carrera T. In fact, I’ve yet to meet a person who hasn’t fallen in love upon driving one.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:46 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 301 Likes on 200 Posts

I bought a GTS because it had all the creature comforts, PSE (modifiable to sound even better), and best of all the ability to up the performance very close to that of the TT/TTS. Besides, I think it's the best looking 911. The "T" was on my radar but the GTS suit me better for what I wanted out of a 911. I really think the "T" is a special version of the 911 from the old with modern goodies. It definitely attracts people looking for something different and more exciting than your average Carrera. To each his own.
Inferiority complex, arrogance, pride, net worth, indifference, or whatever...We are all going to be 6 feet under someday. Death is the absolute equalizer. Be good to one another, merry Christmas, and a happy new year to y'all!
Old 12-24-2018, 05:01 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

^^^YES...!^^^

Merry Christmas everyone...
Old 12-24-2018, 09:14 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

I have yet to drive a Carrera T, but I will this week. I’ve had several GT3s, GT3 RSs, and a 911 GTS. I’m looking for a relatively new 911 that will serve as a DD, have back seats, be a fun driver, and be sub-$100k (used). We’ll see. I welcome everyone’s opinions and views - both positive and negative.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:06 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I have yet to drive a Carrera T, but I will this week. I’ve had several GT3s, GT3 RSs, and a 911 GTS. I’m looking for a relatively new 911 that will serve as a DD, have back seats, be a fun driver, and be sub-$100k (used). We’ll see. I welcome everyone’s opinions and views - both positive and negative.
You basically just described the T to the letter. Just make sure it's a manual
Old 12-25-2018, 03:07 AM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Copperhead37

your proclaimed 7to 8 figure net worth has exactly no relevance to any part of this thread. Are we supposed to be impressed. (Yawn) I don’t recall calling you specifically or any one else directly a hater. However you do seem to react consistently to the term. Would it be a guilty conscience maybe or maybe a InferioriTy complex.

Of your own. Either way your passive aggressive belittling of the car and it’s owners is not in character of a educated wealthy gentleman.
[/QUOTE]
Never said I have that kind of money but this place is full if people that do. Calling us all haters and expecting nothing to be said back. When people comment otherwise they're the bad guys. Now you're calling me uneducated. The irony and hypocrisy are on insane levels.

Am I in the twighlight zone?

The point was ANYONE here could have bought a T.

This is not the only thread with overly aggressive T owners. What is the deal here?

Relax man.

Quick Reply: For the haters... (T content inside...)