For the haters... (T content inside...)

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 03:23 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Copperhead37
I agree
I have seen the same type of reaction on other sections of this site in regards to the GT3 T
owners of that car have been getting passive aggressive behavior from the 911R and GT3 owners as well. Personally I think it is just immaturity coming out over the net. I believe some people are intimidated by the popularity, appeal, and capability of this model versus price point.. They’re reactions are a result of there own insecurities. The title of this thread was completely benign and clearly alerted everyone that it was a T enthusiasts post. The only reason for someone to post belittling or negative content on this thread about the model or the owners is personal insecurities and childish immaturity.
The title was “completely benign,” eh? It literally says “for the haters” and following posts are chalk full of hilarious flowery marketing verbiage that are either the products of woeful disconnect or trolling.

He literally asked for it. Over and over.

If he couldn’t Take the heaT, shoulda stayed out the kiTchen.

There’s certainly a trend of insecuriTy outlined. But I’m not seeing it from the direction you are.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:20 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Awww... What's the matter? Did Santa only leave you fellas a lump of coal and a bundle of switches? I can't say I'm surprised...

Is the constant reiteration of hype for these cars by the folks that love them any worse than your constant regurgitation of each other's bile?

​​​​​What's not to love? 370 (which IS enough), geared properly, spec'd they way we want it/in ways you probably couldn't, no extra holes or wings or weight, no unnecessarily fat rear, same suspensions/drive trains/wheels/tires/etc. as more expensive models, trick bits that you can't get otherwise. Punching well above our weight.

If our aggression puts you internet warriors off, there's any easy choice for you. Stop typing and go troll elsewhere.

But you won't... So, I'll just leave you with the gift of knowledge on Christmas Morning. You'll never break us. We love these cars and they provide that special something that's more fulfilling than any of the trash or personal attacks you spew. Hype? Sure. But that trumps hate... At least today.

ß

Last edited by S S; 12-25-2018 at 06:37 AM.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:34 AM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Here, take this Trophy. You have the best car in the world. It's on a boat. The 911R and GT3 guys are dying inside. I hear the GT2 guys whimpering too.

Old 12-25-2018, 10:11 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,349 Likes on 759 Posts

I think this has now surpassed the .1 to .2 vitriol debate and hate level.
There are a few of the T crowd in particular those that would start a thread termed hate inviting critique or criticism and then defend their position with personal attacks.
No doubt a great car but still a base car with a Big Mac only weight reduction if speced sparsely but far from the best Porsche has ever built. The marketing guys from Porsche reading this must be high fiveing each other drinking bubbly at the staunch aggressive defense of a ploy to sell a few more base cars.
And talk about hate, there is plenty to see here from those defending their purchase. Love your car that's fine just try not to be an *** while doing it.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:17 AM
Semitone
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Whew!! I'm glad I have a 718 and don't have to deal with all this hate... It's exhausting to read.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-25-2018, 11:12 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Here, take this Trophy. You have the best car in the world. It's on a boat. The 911R and GT3 guys are dying inside. I hear the GT2 guys whimpering too.

You can keep it. It's your participation trophy. Merry Christmas...good job little fella
Old 12-25-2018, 12:28 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
I think this has now surpassed the .1 to .2 vitriol debate and hate level.
There are a few of the T crowd in particular those that would start a thread termed hate inviting critique or criticism and then defend their position with personal attacks.
No doubt a great car but still a base car with a Big Mac only weight reduction if speced sparsely but far from the best Porsche has ever built. The marketing guys from Porsche reading this must be high fiveing each other drinking bubbly at the staunch aggressive defense of a ploy to sell a few more base cars.
And talk about hate, there is plenty to see here from those defending their purchase. Love your car that's fine just try not to be an *** while doing it.
I'm sorry, I really have to address this. Someone on the internet is wrong! It won't do any good, but it will make me feel better. And since it is my post...
No one on the T-eam has attacked anyone. Conversely, from you and your ilk, we've been labeled as having psychological problems, anger issues, drug usage, and called asses. Let alone some of the BS in other threads. The irony of you getting on your high horse and calling someone an *** is pretty funny. But that's how you guys do it. Spew your hate and then call it something else, play the victim, right... In fact, I'm kinda having a problem even understanding why you even feel compelled to post here at all. Isn't it sorta below you?
If you think the marketing guys are high fiveing over us, as opposed to guys like you and your self-professed over a dozen Porsche purchases, I believe you are mistaken. You're their gold mine. Above you attempted to undercut my argument by saying I haven't even received my car yet, hoping it would be enough for me and lacking relevant experience. Why haven't all yours been enough for you?
They've sold more than a few 'Base' cars over this. It's a entirely new model line and stands on its own. You can't have it both ways. Either you buy into what Porsche creates, markets and provides, or you don't. The numbers point to 2 to 3 times more of these model run-outs being sold so far. And it's not over yet... Like I've said, we're here. Get used to it. I've handled a lot more heat than any of you are capable of dishing out. I'm still standing and plan to be for a while... but keep trying!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Old 12-25-2018, 01:22 PM
saundebn
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm, when I went to configure my ride, I simply saw the base, T, S and 4S as preconfigured starting points ... The base dropped from my consideration because it lacked access to some options of interest to me, e.g. RAS. The T dropped from my consideration simply due to its dropping insulation/real glass to allow more engine noise into the cabin. The 4S dropped from my consideration because it simply cost significantly more for 4-wheel drive that I really didn't need (plus I like the narrower rear ends over the wide body). So I ended up building an S - sure, a bit more horses than I probably needed but the desired configuration ended up in this category.

In summary, I really appreciated that I had that range of choices and see no reason to ''hate' anybody else's choices across the full range of the configurator. I like that my particular build is more likely unique given the zillions of choices available
Old 12-25-2018, 01:30 PM
JAhmed
Drifting

Received 1,895 Likes on 790 Posts

Good Lord, this thread is freaking hilarious.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:51 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,349 Likes on 759 Posts

I am so hurt now that I know I am the butt of the Porsche marketing teams jokes.
I have really tried NOT to offend anyone and have always tried to be helpful here and if I recall correctly have never started a thread with the word "Haters" in it.
You T guys are all passionate and that I really like and respect as I too love these cars in all forms whether I would buy or not. I'll pull out of this thread as logic has left a while back.
And to be correct I did not say everyone was an ***.

Last edited by Penn4S; 12-25-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:37 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

This thread is insane. You guys have lost your minds. This should be locked IMO.

Merry Christmas. I'm out.
Old 12-25-2018, 03:41 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

While I agree some of the comments here are a bit over the top and juvenile, I look at this thread a bit differently... If the T weren’t so good, it wouldn’t generate such passion, it would just be ignored.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:26 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,029 Likes on 653 Posts

Well of course its good its a 911 . They're all good.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:53 PM
saundebn
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by groundhog
Well of course its good its a 911 . They're all good.
My point as well … simply a whole lot of great configurations to love
Old 12-27-2018, 12:46 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

[guy starts thread titled "for the haters"]

[people laugh at and clown guy for doing so]

[guy cries and says "you will never break us T drivers"]

Quick Reply: For the haters... (T content inside...)