Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kline Header Review. 991.2 GTS, Dyno Charts, Photos, Videos..

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 06:35 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by spdracerut
The MotoIQ test actually showed a max gain of about 25whp (380 over 355) at 5778rpm. Again, different dynos, etc, so better to use a percentage gain which equates to about 7%.

I fully expect the Kline headers will make power like the Fabspeed and Vektor headers have shown when on the stock tune which is to say most of the gains will be in the upper half of the rev range.

Is this stock with just a header swap?
Old 11-07-2018, 07:21 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 630 Likes on 344 Posts

Basic666: Regarding the sound, this is a cut and paste from part of my previous post
"There was a change and it was certainly for the better. The header change created a deeper and more naturally aspirated sound. Less turbo like which most feel is a great thing."

But, when I listened to it after install it was at idle with a few revs by the mechanic. It sounded similar but, deeper and less Japanese like. HOWEVER, I didnt get to hear it wide open until it was tested on the dyno. I wasn't able to really hear the sound at rpms above 4000 when it was parked, I was able to hear it quite clearly at 5-7000 RPM's and it screams.

This is why also posted videos of the before on the dyno and the after on the dyno, so people can hear the differences in sound from the before and after. If you cant hear a difference then what can I say?

The full exhaust is scheduled to be installed today and I will start a different thread on that.

SPDRACERUT: If the noise you are referring to is the staggered lines on the graph, that was a selection made by the operator. We originally had a thick line graph (I have the print out) but, he switched it to this staggered line graph to try and show more detail. There is also a thin line graph but, didnt get that. Maybe I can ask him to print that one out so I can post it up..
Old 11-07-2018, 08:26 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 354 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Is this stock with just a header swap?
Yes. Vektor header was the only component changed.

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
Maybe I can ask him to print that one out so I can post it up..
Jimmy should be able to change from IIR (Infinite Impulse Response) to FIR (Finite Impulse Response). There are also smoothing settings on top of that. Here's a couple pics to illustrate the difference you'll see when you do that. Every shop has their own preferences, which also makes comparisons more difficult. I personally like to show as much detail as possible, but filter out as much meaningless noise as possible. Also note how the MAX power figures change. These are the same plots, but with different plot settings.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:22 AM
basic666
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
Basic666: Regarding the sound, this is a cut and paste from part of my previous post
"There was a change and it was certainly for the better. The header change created a deeper and more naturally aspirated sound. Less turbo like which most feel is a great thing."

But, when I listened to it after install it was at idle with a few revs by the mechanic. It sounded similar but, deeper and less Japanese like. HOWEVER, I didnt get to hear it wide open until it was tested on the dyno. I wasn't able to really hear the sound at rpms above 4000 when it was parked, I was able to hear it quite clearly at 5-7000 RPM's and it screams.

This is why also posted videos of the before on the dyno and the after on the dyno, so people can hear the differences in sound from the before and after. If you cant hear a difference then what can I say?

The full exhaust is scheduled to be installed today and I will start a different thread on that.
I just watched it back to back, did not notice much difference...? Maybe others can chime in, but i know its hard to capture sound differences in video. Looking forward to the exhaust install. Will also get to hear medtech's inconel ones in person, these may persuade me going back to my plans on the kline exhausts. ugh i knew rennlist wasn't gonna do my wallet any good!
Old 11-07-2018, 10:35 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Basic: I am certain that once you see and hear medtechs exhaust, cats and headers that you will come over from the dark side and change your "tune"
I am on my way to have the exhaust installed right now, so if you want to see or hear it I plan on posting a new thread later tonight. Full Dyno and custom tune in near future to tie it all in.

PS: There is a used Kline exhaust with headers and cats for sale on this site for $4900. You could probably sell the Vektor's for $3000 and get a whole new exhaust system for $1500!!

Come to the light my son...
Old 11-07-2018, 10:38 AM
basic666
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hahahaha im happy with my vektor headers man. As i mentioned before lots of sound increase all around.

I have ALWAYS been interested in the exhausts tho, which is why i've put off getting sport cats until now.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:53 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Thin line Graph for those who requested it. Now he knows how to print it out.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:18 PM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Kline's the real deal. Best setup out of the (3) I ran.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:51 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Kline is the only system I am aware of that has it all. Cats, exhaust and headers. So, if you are looking for a complete system, they are the only ones doing it.
If you want to do header from one company, cats from another and exhaust from a third, then the marketplace is much more open.

The real differences between al of these parts/systems is sound and that's the most subjective of all. You really need to hear the exhaust/cats/headers in person because sound clips can't really project real life sound.

I had no problem with the PSE until I put on the cats and then I was blown away. Then the headers improved the tone and bass and then the exhaust tied it all together and made it purr.
The performance aspect is certainly a big factor but for many, if you could retain the factory performance and improve upon the sound then a lot of these mods are worth the price of admission alone.

I do believe the Kline parts make the car sound the best. I have heard quite a few systems and the Kline sound is unique. The Akra sound is good too but its a different sound. Akra is also significantly more money and when you add the cats you are entering into the $10,000 range. Performance wise it isn't better, sound wise it isnt better (to my ears). The weight savings over SS is something to consider if you are tracking the car. I do not.

Quick Reply: Kline Header Review. 991.2 GTS, Dyno Charts, Photos, Videos..