Sponsored by:

Wheel Spacers - share

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 05:36 PM
JT_
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TXGold

Sorry I can’t post photos from my phone but I’ll try.

I went with 15mm front and 5mm rear on my type II C4S. I also added a 315 R888R to rear and I still could have gone out 5mm more but am near perfect where I’m at on my Sport Chronology wheels. The fronts needed more than 15mm but plan to try to get a 265 up front if I can find something other than a Hoosier. Over all it looks dramatically better especially since adding the Eibach Sorings. I do wish the ride was maybe 5mm lower but like the handling results from eibach and techart and hr feedback did not sound good so happy with the choice.

spacers and bolts are black and also found security locks that work from FVD or something from Germany.
This looks damn perfect. What are the OEM wheels specs? I have the optional RS Spyder wheels and I'm wondering of the specs are the same as your wheels before pulling the trigger - I will be lowere on H&R springs. I believe 15mm will be perfect in front, but I'm debating for the rear size.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:16 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Got a chance to go around the block and do the other side.

Front

Front

Rear
Old 03-03-2019, 02:54 AM
Jason Hepton
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Front and rear have 1/4” of poke

Front 15mm spacer T6061 from Amazon

Front stance

Rear stance wouldn’t change the specs of the spacers for street use and will add PPF to front and rear fenders.
I went with 15mm front and 7mm rear on my 2019 T to give more track width and hopefully dial out some understeer and fill the wheel wells. Fronts were hiding by what seemed like an inch or so and 15mm was perfect for my OE 20x8.5 and 20x11.5 Carrera S style wheels. Downside is the tires will throw nice rooster tails and gravel if driving in the wet.

I would like to add that for for those wanting to keep the rears without spacers (as I had contemplated) I would have only added 10mm or 12mm spacers up front to fill the fenders and called it a day. I was trying to keep the factory engineered stagger within 10mm (front to rear spacer delta) to preserve the original handling characteristics. I know that Porsche engineers are smarter than me and when I track the car I will only use the 7mm spacers up front and remove the rear spacers. Tracking with spacers just means lots of checking of wheels and wheel bolt torque values, etc.

Last edited by Jason Hepton; 03-03-2019 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Typos and adding commentary
Old 03-05-2019, 12:19 PM
JT_
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Hepton

Front and rear have 1/4” of poke

Front 15mm spacer T6061 from Amazon

Front stance

Rear stance wouldn’t change the specs of the spacers for street use and will add PPF to front and rear fenders.
I went with 15mm front and 7mm rear on my 2019 T to give more track width and hopefully dial out some understeer and fill the wheel wells. Fronts were hiding by what seemed like an inch or so and 15mm was perfect for my OE 20x8.5 and 20x11.5 Carrera S style wheels. Downside is the tires will throw nice rooster tails and gravel if driving in the wet.

I would like to add that for for those wanting to keep the rears without spacers (as I had contemplated) I would have only added 10mm or 12mm spacers up front to fill the fenders and called it a day. I was trying to keep the factory engineered stagger within 10mm (front to rear spacer delta) to preserve the original handling characteristics. I know that Porsche engineers are smarter than me and when I track the car I will only use the 7mm spacers up front and remove the rear spacers. Tracking with spacers just means lots of checking of wheels and wheel bolt torque values, etc.
I haven't started driving around my 2017 4S yet as winter is still in full blown effect in Montreal Canada, but I personally went with 15mm front / 7mm rear on the optional RS wheels. Seeing I will be tracking the car occasionally (and I don't plan on removing the spacers), I decided to switch over to wheel studs.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:27 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

What kind of spacer bolts do I need, conical or ball seat? And I assume I should get the hubcentrics? I am looking for two pair of 7mms, black bolts, that I need to get ASAP so I can put them on when my PCCBs are installed.
The following users liked this post:
1965rld718 (06-09-2021)
Old 03-24-2019, 10:36 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
What kind of spacer bolts do I need, conical or ball seat? And I assume I should get the hubcentrics? I am looking for two pair of 7mms, black bolts, that I need to get ASAP so I can put them on when my PCCBs are installed.
If you look at the picture is post #44, looks like Ball
Old 03-24-2019, 11:20 PM
X51
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Keep in mind two things:
1) adding spacers to stock wheels changes the suspension geometry and tire wear absent a new alignment.

2) unequal spacers between front and rear alters the handling characteristics engineered by the Porsche engineers, sometimes quite significantly.

Old 03-25-2019, 12:49 PM
shootermcgavin
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by X51
Keep in mind two things:
1) adding spacers to stock wheels changes the suspension geometry and tire wear absent a new alignment.

2) unequal spacers between front and rear alters the handling characteristics engineered by the Porsche engineers, sometimes quite significantly.

think you could say the same then if fitting wheels that are sometimes .5"-1" wider no?
Old 03-25-2019, 01:20 PM
X51
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Correct RE: wider wheels or any change in offsets overall.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:23 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

I'll be fine with 7mm spacers front & rear, which allows me to retain the staggered look and not enough to affect the alignment. Now I just need to find a couple pair in Black with ball type Black bolts...lots of choices.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:35 PM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,115 Likes on 665 Posts

Sorry to bump this thread but wanted to share my setup on my 991.2 carerra t. 15mm spacers up from with longer bolts.

Stock

With 15mm spacers
The following 3 users liked this post by polobai:
tourenwagen (07-17-2020), Wing Commander (10-21-2019), Yojeffo (02-09-2020)
Old 10-21-2019, 01:40 PM
polobai
Drifting

For the rear-its almost perfect in my opinion-I would like to add a 5mm rear spacer but I want to keep the stock bolts/locks however I think they are too short to use with a 5mm spacer. I think the only way to retain the stock wheel bolts/locks is to go with something like a 3mm (which I may end up doing). The reason I want to keep the stock bolts/locks are because most wheel spacer kits I see dont have a wheel lock (such as my front kit). I would like to at least keep the locks on the back-my thought is that thieves would be put off by having to deal with a wheel lock on the rear wheels and would not attempt to just take the front wheels (not the best reasoning I know, but you never know-something is better than nothing)!!!
Old 10-21-2019, 02:01 PM
bli8
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by polobai
For the rear-its almost perfect in my opinion-I would like to add a 5mm rear spacer but I want to keep the stock bolts/locks however I think they are too short to use with a 5mm spacer. I think the only way to retain the stock wheel bolts/locks is to go with something like a 3mm (which I may end up doing). The reason I want to keep the stock bolts/locks are because most wheel spacer kits I see dont have a wheel lock (such as my front kit). I would like to at least keep the locks on the back-my thought is that thieves would be put off by having to deal with a wheel lock on the rear wheels and would not attempt to just take the front wheels (not the best reasoning I know, but you never know-something is better than nothing)!!!
What if you use 4 longer bolts and the stock bolt w/ lock for the 5th hole?
The following users liked this post:
1965rld718 (06-09-2021)
Old 10-21-2019, 02:14 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Is crime such as wheel theft a problem in Jupiter? The last time I heard of wheels getting stolen was in TV commercial for an insurance company.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:46 PM
polobai
Drifting

No sir-not an issue that I know of but I dont want to take the chance if I can avoid it. Some kids are dumb now a days-I know that further down south and in Central Florida the OEM 19 inch wheels on the new Honda Accords get stolen like no tomorrow! My car stays in the garage but in the odd chance its outside overnight I dont want to take a chance. I also have family in Orlando-so if I drive the car up for a weekend it will be outside.

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers - share