Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 / SPYDER / CAYMAN S (First time buyer)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 12:21 PM
Vettel-ish
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jsaviano
IMHO, if you want the truest sports car, get the Cayman. If you enjoy top down motoring in a fine car, get the Boxster. But if you want a true GT, for long drives, weekend trips (or maybe even weeklong ones), the 911 is the way to go. Drive all the 3, and decide what it is you want. They are distinct vehicles. I did, and bought a 911 because I wanted a GT.
Did you get a chance to drive all 3?

Old 09-24-2018, 02:53 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

I had a 981 Cayman, and just test drove a 718 Cayman GTS. I was shocked at how different it was. Everything wonderful about the 981 they seemed to engineer out. As a result, I also decided to jump off the Spyder list. Anyway, test drive them and you will create your own opinion for your specific needs. Anyone's opinion is colored by their own taste.

I am ordering another 911 in November. My SA thinks the car I built is on the horrid side.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:59 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 691 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I had a 981 Cayman, and just test drove a 718 Cayman GTS. I was shocked at how different it was. Everything wonderful about the 981 they seemed to engineer out. As a result, I also decided to jump off the Spyder list. Anyway, test drive them and you will create your own opinion for your specific needs. Anyone's opinion is colored by their own taste.

I am ordering another 911 in November. My SA thinks the car I built is on the horrid side.
Say what? Why?
Old 09-24-2018, 03:01 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Say what? Why?
Two words: Miami blue. Lol. I told you he keeps calling it Barbie Doll Blue. That's okay, I am man enough to drive Barbie's coupe.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:06 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 691 Likes on 314 Posts

Two words: Miami blue. Lol. I told you he keeps calling it Barbie Doll Blue. That's okay, I am man enough to drive Barbie's coupe.
Sheesh. I would rock a Miami Blue 911 in a heartbeat. We aren't talking Lime Gold or some other undesirable color...Miami Blue is gorgeous!

I thought maybe you had selected a strange interior combination LOL.

(And no offense to the Lime Gold crowd...it just isn't my taste. )

Also, I thought of this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1083...-porsches.html

(Bahahaha - just realized YOU were the one that started that thread!)
Old 09-24-2018, 03:16 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Sheesh. I would rock a Miami Blue 911 in a heartbeat. We aren't talking Lime Gold or some other undesirable color...Miami Blue is gorgeous!

I thought maybe you had selected a strange interior combination LOL.

(And no offense to the Lime Gold crowd...it just isn't my taste. )

Also, I thought of this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1083...-porsches.html

(Bahahaha - just realized YOU were the one that started that thread!)
We are hijacking this thread... sorry, sorry, but I am going to truly, lol. The interior will either be all black with a standard interior, or I might go Sport-Tex. I am trying to get used to the idea of including Burmester - the Sport-tex with Burmester build will bump my lease by $300/month. BTW - I am thinking about starting a whole thread about how auto-correct always corrects Burmester to Burmeister.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:24 PM
Vettel-ish
Instructor

Miami blue is not my thing but hey you will have another 911 before I even own one.... so thats better than what I have going
Old 09-24-2018, 03:33 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vettel-ish
Miami blue is not my thing but hey you will have another 911 before I even own one.... so thats better than what I have going
Trust me, I keep putting GT Silver back in the mix. It's safe, it's beautiful, and it doesn't draw attention. Oh yeah, and it doesn't cost $3k.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:47 PM
Vettel-ish
Instructor

Trust me, I keep putting GT Silver back in the mix. It's safe, it's beautiful, and it doesn't draw attention. Oh yeah, and it doesn't cost $3k.
However...many silver 911 out there... Get something cool that not a lot people have.

I will be looking for something unique when I do go to buy. I am liking the mahogany metallic with a tan inside....classy
Old 09-24-2018, 03:54 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

However...many silver 911 out there... Get something cool that not a lot people have.

I will be looking for something unique when I do go to buy. I am liking the mahogany metallic with a tan inside....classy
Yeah, I like that mahogany metallic, too. I was actually going to go BRG or Irish green but they raised the custom color price out of sight.
Old 09-24-2018, 04:39 PM
Vettel-ish
Instructor

Yeah, I like that mahogany metallic, too. I was actually going to go BRG or Irish green but they raised the custom color price out of sight.
Did you get to drive a 987 Spyder? I think this one might be leading the charge as I dont think I can swing the 100k for the a new one.
Old 09-24-2018, 04:46 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Did you get to drive a 987 Spyder? I think this one might be leading the charge as I dont think I can swing the 100k for the a new one.
I have not, but in my eyes, that one has the most beautiful design. For the 981, I would do the GT4. I still miss the 981 and if I had the money (but I don't miss it enough to trade from my 911).
Old 09-24-2018, 04:57 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Man, I would love to meet that SA in person and I'll ride my bike (see avatar) and I will bring my wife along, driving my Miami Blue Targa GTS (when it gets here) and I want to see if he calls her Barbie! I asked my SA for his thoughts on a couple options but I never brought up colors, and did not expect him to either.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:09 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Man, I would love to meet that SA in person and I'll ride my bike (see avatar) and I will bring my wife along, driving my Miami Blue Targa GTS (when it gets here) and I want to see if he calls her Barbie! I asked my SA for his thoughts on a couple options but I never brought up colors, and did not expect him to either.
Nah, we are cool. He gives me his honest opinion and I welcome it. He was just yanking my chain and I like him a lot. He has been very good to me.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:45 PM
Vettel-ish
Instructor

Nah, we are cool. He gives me his honest opinion and I welcome it. He was just yanking my chain and I like him a lot. He has been very good to me.
Cant argue about that!

Thanks for all the feedback. Keep it coming!!!!

Quick Reply: 911 / SPYDER / CAYMAN S (First time buyer)