Sponsored by:

Heavily optioned T ordered

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 07:44 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Heavily optioned T ordered

I have been on the forum for a little while. I have been researching a lot and changing my mind a lot. The forum has been a great resource and the Porsche car configurator has been extremely difficult because of all the options Porsche offers. I initially started out my build and search with a the test drive of the Cayman S as I was looking for a Cayman GTS. Then I test drove a Carrera S 991.2. And my wife preferred it over the Cayman. But Cayman is a very sharp car. But it is a little edgy and loud and maybe I’m just too old for it. My racing days are behind me I no longer track or Autocross. Few years back I sold my race car and bought a motorcycle limited-edition BMW HP4.

My first build on the car configurator was for a GTS and was around $180,000. Though the forums and reviews and learning about all the different options I have been slowly bringing it down to more reasonable numbers but I still want to splurge on a few things it’s just me.

We finally decided on either the Carrera S or the Carrera T. Looking at the 992 there are several things I do not like on the outside and inside. I’m sure it will have more horsepower and will be a better car and will be a little bit more money but I just like the 991.2 little bit better.

First dilemma was all wheel drive versus rear wheel drive. Even though we get a lot of snow I don’t drive in the snow and I normally use winter tires and the 2 Wheel Drive is going to be a little bit more nimble and fun.
Second dilemma was the transmission I have driven a manual transmission all my life and had it in my track car as well. And I really like how quick PDK is. Initially my build for Carrera S and Carrera T included PDK. And I know that I lose LSD and PTV with PDK in Carrera T.

After a lot of thought I decided to keep the PDK if we were to go with the Carrera S and manual with the Carrera T. I had already test driven a Carrera S with manual.

Below is the build and pictures, put the deposit down today with delivery in February or March it is going to be one of the last 991.2 as allocations are running out. I wanted to do it even later as I already have two cars and a motorcycle and I don’t need another car for a couple of years as my leases don’t run out for another two but I did not want to miss out so I ordered it today. I could not find an allocation for a later delivery and there were no guarantees. At least I have a guaranteed allocation.

got a decent discount I could’ve had more but I had already made the deal with one dealer while the other kept calling me and trying to give me more and more. I’m not the guy who goes back on his word just for money and I decided to stay with the deal I made even though it was quite a big difference and I did not like the fact that the dealer kept calling me after-the-fact trying to pull me away from my current deal it just made me trust that delete even less and I felt that I may have issues in future .

PKL52CJ9

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKL52CJ9

Last edited by Cyberbug; 09-08-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:22 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Looks great.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:28 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by tgavem
Looks great.
^^^+1
Old 09-08-2018, 08:29 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 121 Posts

Beautiful car!

Congratulations and welcome to the T Club!
Old 09-08-2018, 08:35 PM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Perfect amount of yellow accents!

Don’t forget to add your T to the survey.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1062...ry-survey.html
Old 09-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlackOptic
Perfect amount of yellow accents!

Don’t forget to add your T to the survey.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1062...ry-survey.html
I saw one in person today with same yellow interor. Its amazing in look and feel. The yellow stitching is amazing and 18way seats feel out of this world.
The car was yellow and all dials were yellow as well which I thought was too much.

the lightweight glass is pretty cool and car sounds amazing when you start it up, we did with windows close in the showroom to see what its like with the light weight glass. We were sold on it.

I added the PCCB for yellow calipers and how they fill the wheels as well as some unsprung weight saving. Plus they are just cool and I can tick them off my bucket list.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:02 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Don’t like the black piano on dash, thought about other options but decided to go with leather wrap.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

The yellow car had damage on the passenger side door sill. They had no clue, my wife caught it. It was a buldge in the plastic like it was hit on the underneath. Weird but don’t know how it passed PDI and porsche QA.
So definetly check your new cars.

They thanked us for pointing it out, and not buying from this particular dealer, thank God.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:12 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Here is the picture of the damage on the door sill my wife pointed out and dealer had no clue

Last edited by Cyberbug; 09-08-2018 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Old 09-08-2018, 11:16 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Too complete interior, you need the GT4 shifter boot w yellow stiching.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...X1ALCKNOB.html

Old 09-08-2018, 11:32 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tgavem
Too complete interior, you need the GT4 shifter boot w yellow stiching.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...X1ALCKNOB.html

thank you, that is in Alcantara. May be this one
https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...81KNOBCSO.html

but thats a lot for just the boot, as I don’t need the ****. May be I’ll get a custom one made.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:53 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug

thank you, that is in Alcantara. May be this one
https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...81KNOBCSO.html

but thats a lot for just the boot, as I don’t need the ****. May be I’ll get a custom one made.

Nice build, glad you were able to get the allocation! And go for the boot, you only live once and the car will have original parts.
Old 09-09-2018, 01:31 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Some more interior shots

Old 09-09-2018, 04:18 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Nice build, what are you getting for the personalized door sills?

Quick Reply: Heavily optioned T ordered