Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDK Sport Design Wheel Qs' (AKA Paddle)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 01:44 PM
Z00mie
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts
Default PDK Sport Design Wheel Qs' (AKA Paddle)?

A few questions for you folks with A 991.1 generation PDK equipped car with the 991.1 generation Paddle steering wheel(ie. no rotary ****) and NO Sport plus/sport chrono:
When you press the sport button on your console button array, or any button for that matter, does the steering wheel enunciate (illuminate) the selection also? Does anything illuminate in your Sport Design PDK wheel? Is/was your example factory installed or added later? Does your instrument panel indicate sport mode/sport chassis?

My car is a 14 C4S PDK and is equipped with the shift buttons on the wheel (however non-multifunction) and with 4 stalks/levers on the steering column. When I press Sport it illuminates this in the instrument panel, when I press the Shock absorber icon it illuminates Sport Chassis. Lastly, if I purchase a PDK Sport Design Wheel (991.1 style with no Sport Chrono array on top) will it too (the wheel)enunciate the mode?
Old 08-26-2018, 06:11 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 331 Likes on 190 Posts

I have a sport design wheel in my 2014 and yes, when you select Sport mode, the word "Sport" illuminates on the steering wheel.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:23 PM
whiteducktail
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

My car is a 991.1 PDK non-Sport Chrono car with a factory Sport Design steering wheel. It does not illuminate any mode information on the steering wheel. I can't recall from memory if the instrument panel indicates "Sport" when in Sport mode. I'll check later today.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:25 PM
whiteducktail
Racer

Originally Posted by Al.Fresco
I have a sport design wheel in my 2014 and yes, when you select Sport mode, the word "Sport" illuminates on the steering wheel.
Well, maybe there is a problem with my wheel then... I'll check it again today.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:39 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by whiteducktail
My car is a 991.1 PDK non-Sport Chrono car with a factory Sport Design steering wheel. It does not illuminate any mode information on the steering wheel. I can't recall from memory if the instrument panel indicates "Sport" when in Sport mode. I'll check later today.
I do have Sport Chrono also... perhaps that is a difference. Seems odd that it would be, but who knows. It will say Sport Plus on the steering wheel when I select Sport +.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:50 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteducktail
Well, maybe there is a problem with my wheel then... I'll check it again today.
I do have Sport Chrono also... perhaps that is a difference. Seems odd that it would be, but who knows. It will say Sport Plus on the steering wheel when I select Sport +.
Think you have to have Sport Chrono for this to happen, from what I remember.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Jack O
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don’t mind I have a question. I just purchased a preowned c2s and noticed that my Sport Chrono gauge doesn’t seem to be illuminated at night or is very dim. It’s supposed to illuminate right? Maybe it was dimmed by the previous owner if that’s even possible? It’s a CPO car so I’ll ask the dealer to fix but wanted to hear what you all had to say. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-26-2018, 10:17 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jack O
If you don’t mind I have a question. I just purchased a preowned c2s and noticed that my Sport Chrono gauge doesn’t seem to be illuminated at night or is very dim. It’s supposed to illuminate right? Maybe it was dimmed by the previous owner if that’s even possible? It’s a CPO car so I’ll ask the dealer to fix but wanted to hear what you all had to say. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
It has very dim illumination only around the outer rim.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:43 PM
whiteducktail
Racer

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Think you have to have Sport Chrono for this to happen, from what I remember.
Yep, that makes sense. When in Sport mode, my dash does indicate "Sport" in the small screen by the digital speedometer readout but not on the steering wheel.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:49 PM
Z00mie
Racer

I believe the PDK Sport Design Wheel without the Sport Chrono option provides no indication in the wheel of mode. It is only displayed in the instrument panel. If on the other hand you have sport chrono the wheel will illuminate an appropriate icon when Sport + and/or launch control mode is selected/activated. Hopefully someone can confirm this though?
Old 08-26-2018, 10:53 PM
Z00mie
Racer

Thank You for the response All!
Old 08-27-2018, 01:55 AM
Jack O
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has very dim illumination only around the outer rim.
thank you for the info!

Quick Reply: PDK Sport Design Wheel Qs' (AKA Paddle)?