Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GIAC tune for 991.1 S - Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 07:06 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

I would doubt the prize is transferrable.

One thing to remember when a tune is only described as a peak number: Often the more important gains in a tune are distributed across other parts of power band than just at the peak. Those broader gains can add up more than just the peak would seem to indicate, as well as improving feel at lower RPMs.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:17 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,365 Likes on 2,308 Posts

People transfer tunes all the time, and it is addressed on their web site along with the fee. The dealer may charge a fee though for what it would cost them to install it though.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:02 AM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,146 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by 9914s

See the dip smoothed out at 5K? THAT makes a bigger difference than the HP gains. It's a big deal in making power and making the car faster.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:23 AM
alainpp
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An update... I decided to go ahead with the tune. I asked if I could give it to someone else and the bottom line is, they didn't want me to do that so I didn't push it. I dropped off the car yesterday and got it back the same day. My car is a 2012.5 C2S, no sport chrono, I do have the "sport" button and the sport suspension.

I ran half a tank of gas yesterday testing the car and checking that it would not overheat. The air temperature yesterday was around 91 F, so it was on the hot side.

The Good:
- Car temperatures stayed normal as before the tune.
- As you may know, when you put the car in sport mode, the car feels more responsive and lighther. Now in "normal" mode, the car feels like I have it in sports mode. Very responsive, the car feels lighter.
- I don't feel that I have more power, but I can tell that I have more torque, especially in the lower RPMs (less than 4k RPMs).
- If I put now the car in sports mode, it feels like the sports plus, way more responsive than before.

The not so good:
- I can't tell that I have 15-20 more HP. But I was not expecting to feel it. The gain is not that much. But like I said, I do feel more torque in lower RPMs which is good and I like it.
- Price: this was free and I have no complaints. But if I would have to pay for it, I would think about it. If I had a 991.2 turbocharged car, the gains are way better compared to the 991.1.

If you guys have any questions, please let me know. I will keep testing the car and if I have more feedback, I will update this thread.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:05 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Totally agree with your feed back - worth more on a turbo car but great deal for you and all positive.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:16 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

I did it to my na 911. Worthless imo. At least it was free.

Quick Reply: GIAC tune for 991.1 S - Opinions