Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 S Cab won me over...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 05:21 PM
ABusLux
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

I never liked the shape of the 911 cabriolet... until I saw a 991 for the first time; so much so that now I have a 991.2 GTS Cabriolet. I agree with the OP that the rag top over magnesium plates is an engineering masterpiece, as is how they managed to keep the overall shape of the coupé –kudos to Porsche's designers and engineers. And on top of being the perfect fun car, despite all I have read about the cabriolet not being a good car on the track due to its lower rigidity, with the right tires and brake fluid it holds its own very well against most other 991's.

It's beautiful!

Old 09-04-2018, 08:42 AM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by PNW2015
BUMP

Beautiful car, congrats.

Could you comment on the rear visibility when driving with the top up? I had a 2013 Boxster and was frustrated by the poor visibility. I had a hard time backing up and changing lanes due to the massive blindspot, Yeah, I know everyone says adjust your mirrors. I guess I could just never get it right. Oh, of course all of this is solved with just putting the top down but in the Seattle area, this isn't very often. I eventually sold the car because I just didn't like driving it. I was hoping the 911 version was better with regards to this.
Coming from a 997 coupe, I found visibility (rear side views) to be an issue during my 1600 mile road trip from California. It takes some getting used to and should not be a problem. I’ll miss the coupe visibility but the open top does compensate. With the top up I was surprised that road noise wasn’t too bad and the structure really looks good from inside and out. My only gripe is some of wear and shiny spots on the top. Ragg topp treatment helped lessen this a bit. I hope Porsche fixes this in the 992.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:46 PM
Viperfish
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My '12 997.2 T got wiped out. I loved mine! Considering a 991 GT3 after I save my pennies a little more. I haven't experienced the steering yet. That will tell me much.

Quick Reply: 991 S Cab won me over...