Sponsored by:

Interior Trim Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 09:24 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
That looks great! I agree with the comments about the shift **** - too much red there, looks like Rudolph. And I like ditching the key, too.
Thanks Hurricane!
Old 08-02-2018, 03:35 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,184 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
Pedals are on my list of things I want to do. Would you mind sharing a picture of your pedals? and how do they attach? Thanks

This is what I bought, and i like then a lot. Both the dead pedal and accelerator pedals are just screwed in (you should make a pilot hole). For the brake and clutch pedals, you have to remove the rubber boot on the pedals and drill a hole as those pedals are attached with bolts and nuts. Should be a breeze with your skills. If you look carefully, you can see the bolts on the brake pedal and the screws in the dead pedal.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:02 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 452 Likes on 309 Posts

I did the Red & Black checker Cocomats in my Gurdwara Red 991.1 and now again in my Black 991.2, and am lovin em.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:39 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
This is what I bought, and i like then a lot. Both the dead pedal and accelerator pedals are just screwed in (you should make a pilot hole). For the brake and clutch pedals, you have to remove the rubber boot on the pedals and drill a hole as those pedals are attached with bolts and nuts. Should be a breeze with your skills. If you look carefully, you can see the bolts on the brake pedal and the screws in the dead pedal
Those look great!,
Old 08-02-2018, 06:42 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS
I did the Red & Black checker Cocomats in my Gurdwara Red 991.1 and now again in my Black 991.2, and am lovin em.
who was the vendor for your coco mats? I agree they would help tie it all together.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Old 08-02-2018, 11:11 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NiteJav
I have the unusual urge to shoot pool, I am not sure why. 7 ball corner pocket! In all seriousness I like it. You're having some fun with your car and that what these things are, fun.
Thanks, and you have hit the nail on the head. I love this car, and equally love tinkering with it. It has become more of a hobby than just a car. My head has more ideas than my pocketbook will allow....and what my wife will allow too.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:00 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Guys, I really appreciate the ideas that you have offered. I really like the ‘subdued’ red trim and it will be in the car for quite a while. The suggestions of getting rid of the red ‘key’ and the red shift **** are right on target and really add to the look I was trying to achieve. I have ordered coco mat color samples, both checkerboard and ‘dimples’ in black/red. The Function-First shift **** shown in the last pic is black with a white shift pattern and it looks great with the contrasting stitching and other white features of the dash and equipment. I thought perhaps a black **** with a Carmine Red shift pattern would be just right, but now I think the black/white one is just right. As I said in the last post the car is a hobby, and hobbies are often shared with fellow hobbiests. Thanks again for the help, I truly appreciate it.

Now all I need is a Numeric Racing shifter
Old 08-03-2018, 06:10 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87
That’s a pass for me. Did you consider brushed aluminum trim? Think that would have contrasted nicely with the black and picked up the silver deviated stitching to boot!
Here is the brushed aluminum trim with the black interior...factory option.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:19 PM
SoCal C2S
Three Wheelin'

Received 130 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
Now all I need is a Numeric Racing shifter
You will be amazed....be sure to get the cables as well.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:16 PM
windblow
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it's a mismatch either way - the black FF **** against the red trim, and the cf door trim against the red dash trim. The red trim in the door handles against the cf door trim above them do not help. It's just my opinion - the important thing is you're enjoying the look now, and you can always go back. Have fun!
Old 08-09-2018, 10:19 PM
DanQ
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by jimjoe997
I think color looks great inside. Maybe not the shift ****. But, I am also biased.
I've got red dash trim in my car too, but I'm with this poster, paint the door trim red. No shift **** or switch gear.

My car doesn't have the extended leather so I bought some used door panels to refurb just so I can add the red door spears. I wrapped the area behind the door pulls in carbon. I've got red gauges.
So I'm biased too.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:52 PM
DanQ
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 69 Posts

I know painting the door spears is probably too much to commit to as it is not easily reversable. Maybe you could go to a vinyl sign shop and see if they have a matching gloss red vinyl and you can wrap the spears? Or ask if they have a paintable wrap you could first cover the carbon door spears and then paint? If you tire of it, you just strip the painted vinyl off.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:16 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

A LITTLE RED GOES A LONG WAY!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Interior 1 copy.pdf (1.77 MB, 77 views)
Interior 2.pdf (2.08 MB, 74 views)
Interior 1.pdf (1.77 MB, 55 views)
Old 08-12-2018, 02:35 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DanQ
I know painting the door spears is probably too much to commit to as it is not easily reversable. Maybe you could go to a vinyl sign shop and see if they have a matching gloss red vinyl and you can wrap the spears? Or ask if they have a paintable wrap you could first cover the carbon door spears and then paint? If you tire of it, you just strip the painted vinyl off.
Believe me, if I could source a pair of door spears in any finish except textured aluminum I would. I'd rather put the black door handle cups back in along if I could get some spears that I can paint spears.

Last edited by flickroll; 08-12-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Interior Trim Opinions