Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 Numeric Racing Shifter & Cables

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 02:24 AM
marchitect
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need Help with Numeric Cable Install Please.

I've studied the instruction manual, I've watched all the YouTube videos I can find and I was well into the install of the Numeric Cables when I hit a road block. In Numeric's Vlog, they pull out the center console with the arm rest intact. Their instructions say only to remove the center console carefully after removing the Torx bolts. As far as I can tell, there are a total of 6 Torx bolts to remove but the console not budging.

Going per the instructions I think I have all the necessary bolts out.

4 Bolt Locations, 2 more locations not shown

If there are bolts or connections to remove in this area, they are not described in the instructions and can't fine on the web.

Look at that. The console is out with arm rest in tact, but how is it removed???

Porsche docs show 2 bolts in this location. If there are bolts that need to be removed in this area, how is it done?
I think I've removed all relevant bolts, but for the life of me, I can't get the darn center console out or even budge at all.

What am I don't wrong?
Old 02-27-2021, 07:14 AM
fnckr
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by marchitect
I've studied the instruction manual, I've watched all the YouTube videos I can find and I was well into the install of the Numeric Cables when I hit a road block. In Numeric's Vlog, they pull out the center console with the arm rest intact. Their instructions say only to remove the center console carefully after removing the Torx bolts. As far as I can tell, there are a total of 6 Torx bolts to remove but the console not budging.

Going per the instructions I think I have all the necessary bolts out.

4 Bolt Locations, 2 more locations not shown

If there are bolts or connections to remove in this area, they are not described in the instructions and can't fine on the web.

Look at that. The console is out with arm rest in tact, but how is it removed???

Porsche docs show 2 bolts in this location. If there are bolts that need to be removed in this area, how is it done?
I think I've removed all relevant bolts, but for the life of me, I can't get the darn center console out or even budge at all.

What am I don't wrong?
See this thread. Numeric Cable Install Stuck
Same exact issue was solved with pics. Yes, there are bolts under the charging mat.
The following users liked this post:
marchitect (02-27-2021)
Old 02-27-2021, 10:58 AM
marchitect
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thank You !!!!

Originally Posted by fnckr
See this thread. Numeric Cable Install Stuck
Same exact issue was solved with pics. Yes, there are bolts under the charging mat.
Thank you so much !! That thread didn't come up for me in my countless hours of searching for info. Thank you again.

Quick Reply: 991 Numeric Racing Shifter & Cables