991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying first Porsche!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018 | 08:30 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

The OEM PZeroes are fine on the street and ok on the track. Consider the PS4S when it is time to replace all for corners.

I have PA4s on a spare set of wheels for my winter setup; they handle pretty well on cold roads (feel like an all-season tire), but I did not drive on much snow. Clearance will be your main issue in snow, not traction.

Try to get a set of eyes on the car before you fly out; post here or the regional section. I have checked out a couple local cars for RL'ers and been shocked at the scratches/damage clearly not visible in the dealer's photos. Pretty sure cars come in; photos are taken; cars later get damaged by test drivers, employees, etc.

Someone recently posted about lots of cosmetic damage not disclosed by the dealer, and missed in the PPI.

Edit to add: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1081...s-for-cpo.html

Old 07-27-2018 | 10:40 PM
Luvwine
Intermediate

Well, appreciate all the advice. Will keep in mind in the future. Already wrote the check and signed papereork. Good bews is that dealer took new photos for me and made a video as well and the pics are high res enough that I am confident car is generally in good shape cosmetically. Will post some pics after it arrives and hopefully not be exhibit A in how not to do things.

Car has Pirelli tires. Will definitely replace with Michelin’s when the time comes. I did buy the tire/rims/ door dings coverage. I remember tearing up a rim on my Audi one time. Atlanta can be dicey on roads sometimes.

Quick Reply: Buying first Porsche!