Sponsored by:

Looking to get a 991.2 GT3. Guesses on my current cars value

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 02:47 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts
Question Looking to get a 991.2 GT3. Guesses on my current cars value

I'm strongly considering the purchase of new a 991.2 GT3, and was curious what you guys think would be a fair private party asking price for my 991.1 C2S.

Current Car
Build Sheet: http://porsche.databatrix.com/WP0AB2A96CS121762
Year: 2012.5
Milage: 29,132
Trans: 7MT

Mods:
H&R Springs.
HRE FF01 Wheels.
AWE Switchpath Exhaust
Michelin MP4S with <1k miles.
TechArt Type II rear wing
GT3Tek rear diffuser
Tinted Windows

Old 07-25-2018, 03:31 PM
phx991
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I know this going to trigger a forum holy war, but mods generally don't add any value. Most people, especially the average Porsche buyer, would prefer an unmolested car (or at least one where the mods that could be reversed with little expense).

I would say 68k. Similar CPO'd cars without the mods have asking prices in the low 70s.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:40 PM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

mods are worth 0 to slightly negative value
Old 07-25-2018, 04:06 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I don’t think the exhaust will hurt you (maybe slight positive) but do you have the original springs and wheels)? That and taking the wing off and selling them seperately might get you a better price.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:14 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You should be able to sell for 68-70k private. Revert to stock if possible. Tint is usually the only mod that adds/retains value.

You'll be able to retain another 2-3K if you de-mod your car. Possibly more for your wheels.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:18 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Code,

A friend of mine just sold an identical build (but in Aqua, which is tough to find) with 57,000 miles. Manual, all sport options. The car was completely stock and still CPO'd for another few months. It was a solid 9/10 all around. He had it up for sale for 3 weeks and got $58,000.

I concur: yours at $68,000 sounds about right. Nice looking car, BTW!
Old 07-25-2018, 05:06 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Highyo
mods are worth 0 to slightly negative value
I agree, mods are a negative on the car (although it looks nice). Maybe mid-60s? You should test the waters in HFS thread. Original build sheet here: https://vinanalytics.com/car/WP0AB2A96CS121762/
Old 07-25-2018, 05:10 PM
Class5Kayaker
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 99 Posts

I was thinking mid to upper $60's before reading other responses, which also seem to place the same value.

Like others have said, you likely won't see anything for your mods, but if you still have the original parts (springs & wheels), swap them back to OEM and then just sell the aftermarket parts here on Rennlist.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:29 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks for the opinions! I'm aware that recouping the money for the mods is generally a lost cause, unless you find the right buyer who can appreciate what is done to it and is willing to pay a little extra. Fortunately I do have all the stock parts, so returning it back to the state it was in from the factory is certainly an option.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:31 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,227 Likes on 742 Posts

I was thinking $65K, so in line with the lower end of others' estimates
Old 07-25-2018, 07:54 PM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 439 Likes on 287 Posts

I recently traded my 991.1 S cab with a $150,000.00 sticker and 25K miles for $70000 and felt it was a good price. Had a few offers in the low 60s from dealers. If you can get in th high 60s from a private sale I would say take it and run. Best of luck.
Also I agree with the others. Return it to stock and sell off the wheels, wing, etc.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:17 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,321 Likes on 614 Posts

^ Good advice above. Most aftermarket parts are zero value add to a slight (or significant) negative.

So tint delete, stock wheels, stock tail (if you have it), and stock rear valance will likely get you more money—they send a message most buyers won't like in this sphere (remember RL is the a tiny slice of your potential market). I'd probably leave the springs in, given the hassle of removing and the aesthetic improvement, and then sell the aftermarket parts off afterwards. If you're lucky, your thread will maybe catch someone's eye who likes the car just the way it is—but it's doubtful that buyer will pay as much as the wider audience might for a silver/black 991.1 Carrera S coupe with low miles, a 7MT, Sport PASM, PLDS, and Bose owned by an enthusiast.

That's a great spec and a car with broad appeal...looks nice in the pics, too. GLWS!
Old 07-26-2018, 12:25 AM
jnolan
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 47 Posts

I tried to sell my Mercedes CLS with the Kleemann lowering module and Radenergie 3 piece wheels. No takers. I removed the lower module (slick design, remove it from the socket wired into the harness and the air suspension pops back to factory) and put the factory wheels on. Sold it in a week. I mentioned to the guy that bought it “hey I have a set of wheels for this car, you interested?” and he bought the wheels for a few thousand extra and I actually got more for the car than when I had the wheels and lowering module on it.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:18 AM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
I don’t think the exhaust will hurt you (maybe slight positive) but do you have the original springs and wheels)? That and taking the wing off and selling them seperately might get you a better price.
Yup...my 997 sold quickly with Agency exhaust. They didn't even want original cans. My buddies 991.1 with x-pipe sold quickly too.

I had another friend that traded a Macan with Fabspeed exhaust. It also had aftermarket springs and wheels, I told the dealer a thousand times take the darn wheels and springs off, not sure if he finally did but it sure took forever to sell. The exhaust sounded amazing though.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:22 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 359 Posts

In my experience, mods like yours will eventually help the car sell to just the right buyer, maybe even with a little premium. But it will probably take longer to sell so you'd have to be patient.

This happened on my 997.2 with a wing, X-pipes, and intake... it sold for a little more as a PP sale than most other PP sales I saw listed at the time because someone really liked the particular mods. Yours are pretty tasteful so that should be a plus.

However, the pool of potential buyers is much smaller since most will dismiss it due to the mods. With the several mod parts that I've taken off cars and sold separately, I've had to mark them down to a substantial price under retail (40-60%) to get anyone to buy most of them. Plus there is a lot of waiting there too and having to deal with a lot of super-low-ball offers, so that requires some effort as well.

The decision comes down to how long are you willing to wait, how much effort are you willing to spend, and how much are you willing to come down on price. Generally I've started with a price competitive with other comparable sales then marked it down a thousand or two every two or three weeks until it sold... or I got a reasonable offer that made me just decide to go ahead and move on. Ultimately it becomes a question of how much money are you willing to let go in order to move ahead with your new choice.

On my last car I finally got to the point where the asking price was getting close enough to the higher trade-in offers I was getting from a couple of dealers (after the 6.25% trade-in tax-credit we get in Texas) to finally just say f-it when I found the near ideal next car and didn't want it to slip away. I've had no regrets, and I didn't have to worry about arranging PPI's or arguing over paint chips and wear and tear items with a potential PP buyer.

Quick Reply: Looking to get a 991.2 GT3. Guesses on my current cars value