Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.1 GTS Dyno and weight results too good?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 01:42 AM
VDubDoug1982
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by desmotesta
Looks good, he surely made some good changes and made significant/noticeable gains past 4K rpm. I have the same engine but with Powerkit, otherwise entirely stock and am running cobb 93 octane off the shelf tune. Looks like real time dyne tune is something to look into.

thanks for sharing
This is a GTS. So it includes the x51 power kit as well.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:57 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,987 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by VDubDoug1982
This is a GTS. So it includes the x51 power kit as well.

Oh ok. Sorry I misread your initial post.

numbers look very good for a mostly stock car. I am now intrigued and may get mine dynod as well.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:25 AM
VDubDoug1982
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by desmotesta
Oh ok. Sorry I misread your initial post.

numbers look very good for a mostly stock car. I am now intrigued and may get mine dynod as well.
keep us posted on your results. I'm curious.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:07 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 600 Likes on 268 Posts

The numbers arent terribly low but that's because it's a Mustang and probably closer to a Dynojet. You're pretty much in the range. All that matters is that you saw gains from A to B and those are solid gains. The intake is the big restriction up top. It never hurts to dyno your car and make sure your power plant is strong. Once in dyno mode, the PDK and 6-spd, excuse me, 7-spd will Dyno similarly as long as you're in the closest 1:1 gear.
Old 02-08-2021, 06:06 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,987 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
The numbers arent terribly low but that's because it's a Mustang and probably closer to a Dynojet. You're pretty much in the range. All that matters is that you saw gains from A to B and those are solid gains. The intake is the big restriction up top. It never hurts to dyno your car and make sure your power plant is strong. Once in dyno mode, the PDK and 6-spd, excuse me, 7-spd will Dyno similarly as long as you're in the closest 1:1 gear.
Very interested to hear your opinion on the intake part of the equation. Power kit add "upgraded" intake runners but I assume you mean even they are still restricted? Do you suggest IPD + GT3 throttle body or something else?
Not trying to go down the rabbit hole of squeezing significant gains from an N/A engine because that can be like squeezing water out of stone, just trying to understand of there are meaningful and noticeable gains possible with IPD+GT3 throttle body combo ( and I assume a customer tune)

Looking forward to your input, thank you
Old 02-14-2022, 05:03 PM
Nein-11
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm new here and very late to the party but this forum helped me chose my car to a large extent so i'll add my thoughts for the next guy like me who needs a hint.

If you don't know what to get between a 991.1 and a .2 turbo engine, you must try both. Stop reading the internet, just go try both on a mountain road and get a feel for it. I did thanks to this very thread and thank god I did: like you the .2 S did nothing for me. My daily is an M340i touring and i drove the .2 on the same mountain pass I took to get to the dealership 10 min earlier, and I just couldn't see the point of the car VS the BMW. It goes, it grips, it brakes, but couldn't feel much. Then I tried a .1 GTS and i giggled the entire time. Is it slower? probably, who cares, it never occurred to me when I tried it. The .1 is plenty fast enough and it begs to be driven aggressively. Yeah it's asleep below 3500, but guess what you'll never drive it below 4000 and up there boy is it alive, and looouuuuud !

Now if you you commute to work in your 911, from your suburban area to your down town office, the latest ones maybe be a better fit, more accessible performance on the low end so you can pass on the freeway without down shifting 3 times. But if like me you live in the swiss alps and only drive the car hard with the roof down for the view, the revs and the soundtrack, i'm pretty sure the .1 will be your choice.

Take what you like, but be sure you've tried both because to me, it was a night and day difference. All the youtube reviewers saying .2 is just a little less spirited sound like they want to make sure Porsche will keep on sending them press cars. I found the difference to be huge and as I may get modern 911s in the future, I will keep this .1 GTS for as long as possible because I reckon this kind of engine is gone forever.
The following users liked this post:
desmotesta (02-14-2022)

Quick Reply: 991.1 GTS Dyno and weight results too good?