Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof control fault Service necessary error

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2020 | 01:01 PM
gcole
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Cool...nice to see the Targa is still your choice.
Gosh yes. That car was SO good; I loved it more than anyone should love an inanimate object. Had 50k miles in the first year, including a round-the-country road trip and a 3-day high-performance class at Bondurant (when they were in Sonoma) a couple months after taking delivery. I can't dance, but driving that car was what I imagine dancing to be.

Considered a 992, but the Targas aren't out yet, and the feeling from the glass sunroof on the coupe just wasn't the same. LOVE the 991 Targa. Now I just have to learn to be one with it as I was with the '86.
Old 01-14-2020 | 04:14 AM
gcole
Intermediate

As promised...this from the dealer service notes:
Found fault 000042 Roof Rotation Angle Sensor Implausible Signal.
Service bulletin states to clean and lubricate seals.
Performed cleaning and lubricated seals for targa top.
Performed targa calibration procedure successfully.
Cleared faults and verified proper operation of top.
Hat tip to Porsche San Diego for their very quick service. I'd had the car for less than a week when this happened, so they were all over it. They included a full inspection to be sure there were no further surprises.Since the car was in the shop, I asked if they would silence the ding-dong chirp that sounded whenever the alarm was set/reset, and they did that as well, gratis. They did a couple other favours even on top of that, really going all out. Couldn't ask for anything more. Really impressed.
------------------------
Now: 2017 Targa 4S
Previously: 1986 Targa, driven 30 years and >350k miles

Last edited by gcole; 01-14-2020 at 04:15 AM. Reason: fixed .sig
Old 06-19-2021 | 11:17 AM
GRMHNTR
Rennlist Member

I had the exact same problem and code as gcole and took to dealer for the lubrication and adjustment. However, I now have a rattle and squeaking noises. Have an appointment to have this investigated. I saw a copy of letter posted on rennlist that some targa owners received addressing this. Would like to take to the dealer for reference. Anyone remember this?
Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-20-2021 | 12:30 PM
gcole
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GRMHNTR
I had the exact same problem and code as gcole and took to dealer for the lubrication and adjustment. However, I now have a rattle and squeaking noises. Have an appointment to have this investigated. I saw a copy of letter posted on rennlist that some targa owners received addressing this. Would like to take to the dealer for reference. Anyone remember this?
Sorry about the issues; so frustrating. I have not seen such a letter.

And (knock on my head) I've been fortunate not to have the top issue since the beginning.

--Glenn
------------------------
Now: 2017 Targa 4S
Previously: 1986 Targa, driven 30 years and >350k miles

Quick Reply: Roof control fault Service necessary error