Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QuickJack issue...recent buyers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 06:45 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts
Default QuickJack issue...recent buyers?

Anybody buy one of these recently, say in the last 3 months or so? I have received mine, and seems it is not as depicted in EVERY SINGLE picture, video, instruction manual or any other documentation I can find. Specifically, the L shaped, black metal "carrier" for the power unit isn't included in my package. The motor and reservoir are bolted together and just kind of sit on the ground. Seems weird.

Instructions say to be sure the "unit is attached to carrier", that the carrier "has feet installed". The parts tray that came with it HAS four rubber feet to install. And all packaging etc shows the carrier. It always has a large "warning" sticker attached and displayed as well.

HOWEVER, the place I bought it (*cough cough*) says they contacted their vendor, and the design has changed. So, I want to poll recent purchasers and confirm. I'm reluctant to set this up and use it on my brand new 911 in a half-assed fashion.

Thanks.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:07 AM
whiteducktail
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts

I bought mine about 9 months ago, and it has the L-shaped carrier. It seems to me that your vendor is trying to pass off a unit that is missing some parts. I can't see why Quickjack would suddenly decide to stop including the carrier.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:37 AM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 294 Posts

Agreed. Had mine over a year now and it came with the carrier. Have you tried to call Quickjack? I had a minor issue when I got mine and they got me fixed up right away. Great customer service.... Good luck.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:03 AM
OpieT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contact QuickJack directly, they are excellent to deal with and should be eager to fix the issue to your satisfaction.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:36 PM
mreloc
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

I just received mine, well, part of it, from ECS- ordered first of July, UPS damaged one of the lift ramps and I'm still waiting on the replacement (ECS is a whole other story to deal with :/ ) I do have the motor unit, and it is installed in carrier. Mine is the 5000SLX model. Mine was missing the instructions. One of my hydraulic hoses was fraying, so I called Quickjack. In my opinion, their ability to respond to technical/warranty stuff ABSOLUTELY SUCKS. No reply to several of my service tickets submitted, and phone only goes to voicemail with no return calls. After a week of trying, I finally had to call the sales line and get the guy to walk over to the tech support guy and smack him on the shoulder to pick up my call. Quickjack won't send me a replacement hose until my other ramp shows up and hopefully displays a serial number. Not awesome customer experience in my opinion.

Unfortunate experience with a product that has really positive reviews. I think I am just unlucky with mine so far.

Quick Reply: QuickJack issue...recent buyers?