Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vektor Performance - Performance Headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 09:27 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 354 Likes on 222 Posts

Don't think I've posted this, I'm not even certain I've looked at it before, but we've been asked a few times about how much power is the car making now compared to when it was stock.
Run1 Stock, Run 2 with Vektor Headers coated and Cobb OTS Stage 1 map, Run 3 with all of Run 2 plus modified OEM exhaust (valve relocation). Usually you see plots with only the MAX values shown, but I added the Average values as well, as it tends to give you a better idea of what to expect as a whole across the plot.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:09 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks no worries I cant wait a few weeks but want to experience the stock car as well so I really appreciate these
Old 11-07-2018, 10:13 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
Thanks no worries I cant wait a few weeks but want to experience the stock car as well so I really appreciate these
Of course. I did the same thing. Drove the car for a few months just taking it all in; pushing it, learning the limits, shortcomings, quirks and of course how awesome the car/platform is.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:17 AM
Nithros
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I read the MotoIQ article and had one question. In the comparison photo of these to the stock manifolds, the ports on these appear noticeably smaller than stock. Can you advise on that please?
Old 11-13-2018, 01:19 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nithros
I read the MotoIQ article and had one question. In the comparison photo of these to the stock manifolds, the ports on these appear noticeably smaller than stock. Can you advise on that please?
So if you look in this pic, you can see how the OEM ports are flared out because of the welding process that's used. It gives the illusion that the port is bigger than it really is.

Our flange has a distinct edge. It's also the sized correctly to the head port. Comparing ours to OEM you will also notice the OEM ports vary in size (cross sectional opening) as well as how centered they are on the actual port. These are all due to manufacturing deviations from the process that's used to assemble them. The CNC design we use assures identical port geometry as well as location.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:23 PM
Nithros
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Makes sense - thanks for the explanation. They look awesome to me.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:50 PM
///M3THOD
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VektorPerformance
Don't think I've posted this, I'm not even certain I've looked at it before, but we've been asked a few times about how much power is the car making now compared to when it was stock.
Run1 Stock, Run 2 with Vektor Headers coated and Cobb OTS Stage 1 map, Run 3 with all of Run 2 plus modified OEM exhaust (valve relocation). Usually you see plots with only the MAX values shown, but I added the Average values as well, as it tends to give you a better idea of what to expect as a whole across the plot.

OEM valve relocation you say?!

Could you provide some details of what was done here please? Very interested!
Old 11-14-2018, 09:45 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ///M3THOD
OEM valve relocation you say?!

Could you provide some details of what was done here please? Very interested!
Yes of course! One of the biggest complains from enthusiasts is the low sound levels from the exhaust. Adding some power is always a nice side benefit, but wasn't what we were after here. With the EPA cracking down on emissions related activities, retaining the OEM cats was a goal. If you're not familiar with the letter of the law, in short, it states that the OEM cat must remain in place for 10 years. After 10 years an approved OEM replacement (meets OEM requirements) can be used. A little known fact, we all have a 10 year warranty on our cats from the factory. This is for ANY car sold in the USA.

So we modified our OEM exhaust by relocating the 'sport' valve directly after the cat, giving a straight shot to the tip.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:50 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Here's a couple more pics and vid...

Old 11-14-2018, 12:13 PM
///M3THOD
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a couple more pics and vid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW7JkXnjv2A
Thats a great idea! Thanks for posting.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:20 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ///M3THOD
Thats a great idea! Thanks for posting.
No problem!

And for those that have been patiently waiting, our website is up...

http://www.vektorperformance.com

More products coming soon

Old 11-16-2018, 03:11 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 542 Likes on 369 Posts

Looks like a solid 10-12wtq gain from 4k-6k rpms. It appears the stock muffler is a decent restriction. I guess the cats or turbos are becoming the dominant restriction past 6k. It is making over 100whp more compared to stock now, so those baby turbos are probably starting to choke out, ha!
Old 12-04-2018, 08:48 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

I would guess the turbos, more than the cats. By my calcs the OEM cats have a bit more to go before they are the dominant bottleneck. I suspect the tiny turbos are close to tapped out. External wastegates should free up a good bit of power as it lowers pre-turbo backpressure while maintaining target boost
Old 12-20-2018, 08:44 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Coated headers IN STOCK! The lead-time for Swain Tech Multi-Layered Ceramic Coating is often times 4 weeks or more due to the nature of applying many coatings over weeks-time. Trying to stay ahead of the curve we sent some extras along with the last batch

Old 01-08-2019, 12:12 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

I have to say, the more time I spend on this platform the more potential I see.

Here is a sneak peek of things to come...

Quick Reply: Vektor Performance - Performance Headers