Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are the normal guidelines for CPO?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 10:06 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Correct. CPO doesn't cover cosmetics. The car should have no more than 3 repainted body panels and no structural accident damage.

The concerns by the OP here are not CPO issues. More like dealer scam, dishonesty, fraud, and misrepresentation.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:25 AM
mattyf
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 2thdoc14
PPI was done by a person recommended here on rennlist
Sounds like you did everything right. PPI should have caught the cosmetics. I don’t think there’s much recourse, except getting a refund. Dealer though should not use old photos. That seems fraudulent. I’d discuss with PCNA.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:45 AM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 138 Likes on 108 Posts

^Agreed. I'd try and get my dough back.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:12 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

CPO may not technically cover cosmetic issues, but a good dealer will take care of what they can. We just bought a ‘13 Panamera GTS. I demoed it before the CPO process was completed and got them to address some cosmetic issues including the wheels.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:17 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 314 Posts

2thdoc14:
I also hunted down one of these Endurance Racing Edition 911s. When i saw the Buildsheet and learned what was included, and that only 73 were imported to the US of 235 built, this is the collector model I wanted. I almost bought your car from Marty at Jack Daniels in NJ. Roslyn was also advertising it on their website with the same VIN. In the pictures he sent me via text, they do not show that damage. I took screenshots of the pictures on their website back then, and they also do not show damage of any sort. He said the car was perfect and mostly in the showroom since new. And they would do the oil service. At the last minute, when i hesitated, he dropped the price again on June 23.

Fortunately (for me) Napleton Porsche in Westmont IL cut me a better overall deal when considering my trade-in and the shipping of the cars back and forth from there to here. They were familiar with my 991.1 C2S coupe so we're able to give me a better trade offer. So I bought the one here with the same exact build, but new with 4 year warranty from my purchase date. Napleton had bought out a Porsche dealer in the mountains of PA who had my car and couldn't sell it in that low income area. So that dealer had removed the decals from the hood, roof and tail, thinking it would be easier to sell. Napleton brought it here. I told them I didn't want the car without the special edition decals and they agreed to buy and install them. Porsche had none in stock, but is making some more and my dealer should have them in a few weeks.

It is such a great car and so well optioned with everything except the X51 Power Kit, which can be added if wanted. It's a shame that they tried to snooker me like they snooker you. Yours is repairable, but it's a shame on them that you have to do the repairs. If it were me, id use paint and rent artists to do the repairs. A good wrap shop should be able to do an acceptable decal repair. It's up towards the middle of your roof where slight imperfections shouldn't be noticeable.

Your experience also suggests to me that the use of PPI's is perhaps best left for older cars. On nearly new cars they might be tempted to go over it more quickly and might skip a few minor things.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:51 PM
2thdoc14
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Correct. CPO doesn't cover cosmetics. The car should have no more than 3 repainted body panels and no structural accident damage.

The concerns by the OP here are not CPO issues. More like dealer scam, dishonesty, fraud, and misrepresentation.
Im guessing thats what Porsche of NA told them why they wouldnt cover this stuff.

Id bet they wanted it gone so they slapped some lipstick on it, published the images of when it was new, and since Im 16 hours away thought, screw him.

The thing is, Id be fine if they just took care of me like they said they would.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:04 PM
2thdoc14
Advanced

Originally Posted by STG
They're idiots if they didn't point any of this out. What did they say about your concerns?

Didn't they email detailed pics?

So he pointed out most things, other than the dents. I asked for photos, but he didnt have any. That was a small red flag, but the dealer photos were pretty detailed, so i wasnt too alarmed.

To be honest, the car didnt look terrible on the outside until I took it in for PPF. Once they got all the dealer schmutz off it, then you could see all the scratches, the dents, and how badly the decals were. Its like the car sat in the sun for 2 years. When I asked about it, they told me it was in their showroom or the previous owners garage, not outside.

I called BS.

The seat blemish was called out on the PPI and the dealer said they would take care of it....well you see what that meant! The vent holes are plugged and it just is sloppy.

I have a complaint opened up with PCNA, and have spoken to an attorney that said the photo evidence is pretty good, which shows deceptive advertising.

I sent an email to the owner and the sales mgr that I dealt with, asking them to fix these issues or face litigation and a buy back.

We will see what happens!
Old 07-18-2018, 08:22 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Another thing a long distance buyer can do it post a request to have someone look at a car you are considering. I posted such requests for a couple of pre-owned Targa 4S cars on 6speedonline and have several people offer to look at them. I was sent pictures, descriptions, etc. and ultimately decided to order a new one, but I would want another set of unbiased eyes on anything I could not see myself.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:13 AM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by groundhog
If they used the photos of a new car and not the car as is - its a straight forward case of misleading and deceptive conduct in commerce or industry (or at least over here). I'm sure the US has similar legislation in place.
Sorry to hear you are still fighting this. I think groundhog is right, you need to raise hell with PCNA. I saw those pictures and told you the car looked great, I would never expect a Porsche dealership to be that sleazy, what a shame. I hope you get this worked out and they are forced to take it back. The Endurance Edition is a great car since they could be had for such great deals.

Please keep us posted.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:05 PM
2thdoc14
Advanced

UPDATE:

So 3 calls and an email to PCNA and they basically said " sorry, we are just a portal to open communications with the dealer. The dealer is responsible to take it from there"

They told me I would hear from the dealer in 48 hours...its 10 days and nothing. I heard through the grapevine that my car will get new decals and the paint taken care of on the hood and roof, by Porsche. Apparently they are warranting these issues. However, this still doesn't take care for the fact that the images I got from the dealer didn't display any of these issues, nor did it show the damage to the seat, fender, door, etc.

Im merely asking for the dealer to replace the seat skin and get a replacement cover. I will handle the rest.

At this point they have basically refused to answer me or take care of these issues like they promised. So now my only recourse is a nice letter from the Attorney. What a shame that Porsche of Roslyn taints the Porsche brand!
Old 07-27-2018, 06:03 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 445 Likes on 318 Posts
Default rosslyns are CROOKS

They lied to me about a bunch of stuff as well. Thier sales manager and salesmen are typical slimy used car salesman. They paid for about half of the fixes and I ate the other half on a CPO car with 5K miles. PCNA chipped in $500 as well. Mention my name and tell PCNA you understand from the Porsche community this dealer has a habit of ripping people off. BBB is worthless for any retribution hit them with a google/Yelp review.

Originally Posted by 2thdoc14
I bought a 2017 911 Endurance Racing Edition from Porsche of Roslyn, had it inspected, and there were a few items noted. The dealer fixed the cracked water pump housing plastic, but said the drivers door pocket hinge that was busted, was on back order and my dealer could order and replace it.

I was told all the items on the PPI list were taken care of, and the car was shipped.

I received the car, and it wasnt the same car that I had photos of from the dealer. By that I mean the decals were toast...cracked, burned through, faded and peeling. The dealer sent me photos when it was new, not as it sat.

The car had dents in the rear quarter, a "stain" in the leather which turns out to be their repair of a scuff. it looks horrible.

The car had scratches in it and had hit something and it ran down the drivers door.

i spoke to the dealership and the stated no way the car would have left their lot looking like that. I had my dealer look at the car and they were appalled at the condition.

Porsche of Roslyn said that the car had been stored inside and also on their showroom floor. judging by the photos, their story doesnt add up. How does a car in service for 9 months and 2k miles look like this? How do they post images of the car when new and get away with that?

My feeling is they knew how it looked, wasnt a customers car, and wanted to get it off the lot.

Porsche wouldnt cover the destroyed decals, the paint, the door pocket hinge nor the seat cover because they said the car was just certified and all of that should have been taken care of.

The dealer then had to get the territory rep to cover the decals and the repaint. They wouldnt cover the seat or the door pocket hinge or the custom cover which has a big oil stain on it ( was in the bag, never opened)

So how can I proceed? Id imagine there is some sort of criteria to CPO a car, and obviously the dealer slapped a sticker on it while never going through the car.

i want a new seat cover and a new car cover, the car should not have come like this in my opinion...but maybe im wrong?

Th

oughts?

Last edited by Bud Taylor; 07-27-2018 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-28-2018, 10:15 AM
2thdoc14
Advanced

I have reviewed them everywhere! They now have blocked me on Facebook!
Old 07-28-2018, 10:35 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Is there a thread in the Forums where good dealers and bad dealers can be identified?

Quick Reply: What are the normal guidelines for CPO?