Sponsored by:

Any ideas on the OEM positon of the Porsche side stripes

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 11:18 AM
cpbmd
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Any ideas on the OEM positon of the Porsche side stripes

I would like to put a black Porsche triple side stripe at the bottom of each door on my white 2013 911. RennDecals has two options for the side stripes. One of them is 3.5 inches wide and the other is 4 inches wide. Which is OEM or Which should I use.
Also does anyone know the exact distance the stripe should be placed from the bottom of the door. I’ve read anywhere from 1.5 to 2 inches. (50 cm.
Thanks very much
Old 07-17-2018, 11:26 PM
Icebreaker
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 63 Posts

I might be able to help you... I have the car in Maine right now, but should be back soon. Any specific measurements or can I mark up certain spots on this photo?
Old 07-18-2018, 02:44 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Soooooo tempted to put mine back on.

let me know where you got the decal and cost. Also how you install goes.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:28 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by titan7
Soooooo tempted to put mine back on.

let me know where you got the decal and cost. Also how you install goes.
Really easy installation. Took me about 45 minutes to do both sides. Got mine from renndecals.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:52 PM
cpbmd
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 102 Posts
Default T

I am getting the decals from RennDecals online.
$42.95
video on the website shows how to install
looks easy.
3.5 inch decal is OEM
1 inch from bottom of door is OEM placement
I am going to get the all black triple stripe decal for my white 991.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:48 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 572 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Icebreaker

I might be able to help you... I have the car in Maine right now, but should be back soon. Any specific measurements or can I mark up certain spots on this photo?
Is your 911 GT Silver? What color are the side stripes on your 911? Are they from Renndecals? Can they be specified as part of an order from the factory...I am just now ordering a base 911 Carrera? Thanks in advance for your help.

God bless,
TT
Old 07-19-2018, 01:39 PM
Icebreaker
Racer

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Is your 911 GT Silver? What color are the side stripes on your 911? Are they from Renndecals? Can they be specified as part of an order from the factory...I am just now ordering a base 911 Carrera? Thanks in advance for your help.

God bless,
TT
The side stripes were a CXX option from Porsche. You can order any historical stripe you like. I wanted something to complement the GT Silver paint and the wheels; You have to choose a European 3-M color chip which is difficult to find in person from North America. I am happy with my choice;

Mid-Grey
Pantone 423C
100-822

Old 07-19-2018, 02:24 PM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Pretty car.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:47 PM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

pro tip - cut the gaps before you open the door...had to order replacement for the passenger side because of how stupid I am
Old 07-19-2018, 04:50 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Your car is beautiful, including the stripes. Do you know if the addition of that CXX option caused you to receive your car later than you would have otherwise received it...if that sentence makes any sense? Trying to ask if it delayed you getting the car?

God bless you,
TT

Old 07-19-2018, 06:47 PM
sc532j
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddhamonk
pro tip - cut the gaps before you open the door...had to order replacement for the passenger side because of how stupid I am
Oh man, LOL, I'm sorry.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:27 PM
Icebreaker
Racer

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Your car is beautiful, including the stripes. Do you know if the addition of that CXX option caused you to receive your car later than you would have otherwise received it...if that sentence makes any sense? Trying to ask if it delayed you getting the car?

God bless you,
TT
I was watching my build time pretty closely. It came out of production late last June then headed for CXX option work. I was surprised it was released after just one day. It headed to the boat and was at the port ten days later. That is when everything came to a halt as I waited for emission clearance. First Porsche. Fist new car. Very happy old guy that had to wait a long time for his teenage dream.
The interesting part about these stripes... in most lighting conditions they are very faint and almost invisible. I like that kind of subtlety. My other choice was acid green to match the stitching. I didn't have the nerve to do that!
Whatever you decide, it won't add any measurable time to get them done at the factory. If you don't like them, you can always have them removed. Good luck with your decision. Ordering one without knowing exactly what you will receive is a hard leap of faith. I can guarantee you that people building your car will not let you down. Cheers!
Old 07-19-2018, 11:54 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 302 Posts

I did mine an inch off the door bottom.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:58 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by Icebreaker
I was watching my build time pretty closely. It came out of production late last June then headed for CXX option work. I was surprised it was released after just one day. It headed to the boat and was at the port ten days later. That is when everything came to a halt as I waited for emission clearance. First Porsche. Fist new car. Very happy old guy that had to wait a long time for his teenage dream.
The interesting part about these stripes... in most lighting conditions they are very faint and almost invisible. I like that kind of subtlety. My other choice was acid green to match the stitching. I didn't have the nerve to do that!
Whatever you decide, it won't add any measurable time to get them done at the factory. If you don't like them, you can always have them removed. Good luck with your decision. Ordering one without knowing exactly what you will receive is a hard leap of faith. I can guarantee you that people building your car will not let you down. Cheers!
Thanks so much. They certainly didn't let you down. You have a very beautiful car!

God bless you,
TT
Old 07-20-2018, 10:51 PM
Icebreaker
Racer

Many thanks. I know you will love your new car whether or not you get get stripes or any options what so ever. Everything else becomes secondary once you are behind the wheel.
Good luck! Post pics!

Quick Reply: Any ideas on the OEM positon of the Porsche side stripes