Sponsored by:

Carrera T Driving Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 02:19 PM
Guaji
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
Unfortunately owning a Porsche can be an ornament for elitist people. They're called ___holes.
My friends wife taught me a new term last night that I wasn’t aware of....”***** in a Porsche”. I hope I don’t live up to that stereotype. Either way people are gonna judge. If I do a quick launch from a stop light just to be able to get near red line until I need to back off quickly, they will think I am showing off. If I just go with the flow at the speed limit which I often do during congested times while everyone blows by me, they will think that I’m a slow poke in a Porsche. For me, my Porsches are not to show off ( my daily driver is a 2002 Subaru Outback) , but I have an appreciation for the engineering, history and the way it drives. I’m sure anyone on this site has a similar appreciation, whereas 99% of the general public think we are crazy and don’t understand why I would spend 5+ hours on a day off driving to nowhere in particular.

I am happiest in my Carrera T far from traffic and civilization and just enjoying the car and surroundings. I hope to keep the T for a long time and the only mod that I frequently consider are the Soul sport cats.
The following 6 users liked this post by Guaji:
Boulder Mike (01-17-2020), ducktails (01-16-2020), masti99 (01-16-2020), Randy M (01-16-2020), S S (01-18-2020), Sarawnty (01-17-2020) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-17-2020, 07:20 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Guaji
My friends wife taught me a new term last night that I wasn’t aware of....”***** in a Porsche”. I hope I don’t live up to that stereotype. Either way people are gonna judge. If I do a quick launch from a stop light just to be able to get near red line until I need to back off quickly, they will think I am showing off. If I just go with the flow at the speed limit which I often do during congested times while everyone blows by me, they will think that I’m a slow poke in a Porsche. For me, my Porsches are not to show off ( my daily driver is a 2002 Subaru Outback) , but I have an appreciation for the engineering, history and the way it drives. I’m sure anyone on this site has a similar appreciation, whereas 99% of the general public think we are crazy and don’t understand why I would spend 5+ hours on a day off driving to nowhere in particular.

I am happiest in my Carrera T far from traffic and civilization and just enjoying the car and surroundings. I hope to keep the T for a long time and the only mod that I frequently consider are the Soul sport cats.
Knowing you from your posts, you are a nice guy. And we all appreciate that you couldn't be away from your new toy on your business travels so you took it with you. But to the rest of the world, that alone makes you a ***** in a Porsche." You asked....
Old 01-17-2020, 11:31 PM
Guaji
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
Knowing you from your posts, you are a nice guy. And we all appreciate that you couldn't be away from your new toy on your business travels so you took it with you. But to the rest of the world, that alone makes you a ***** in a Porsche." You asked....
Maybe true, but I actually took advantage of a job transfer since I always wanted to experience being in California and enjoying the mountain roads and visiting new places. Not sure how long I will be based there but it was something I needed to do, especially after both my parents passed away in 2019. I just needed a new adventure after taking care of them in their final year.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:39 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
Originally Posted by Guaji
Maybe true, but I actually took advantage of a job transfer since I always wanted to experience being in California and enjoying the mountain roads and visiting new places. Not sure how long I will be based there but it was something I needed to do, especially after both my parents passed away in 2019. I just needed a new adventure after taking care of them in their final year.
I must have missed something, as I didn't see you asking for this at all ... And I certainly don't see you being a ***** for it.
Lost parents last year too, so totally understand. Good on you for keeping it real!

Quick Reply: Carrera T Driving Review