Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpoint Jack Stands

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 10:18 PM
porsche42
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yikes I can't believe the OP left the center lock mechanism on the ground to collect dirt.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:02 PM
mikex25

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

When I emailed jack point to get on the list, I never got a response. So I went with a different company that basically does the same thing but with a different design. The wait time for this was around a week, not too bad and does the job.

https://safejacks.com/products/2-pac...d-by-safe-jack
Old 06-06-2018, 12:21 AM
whiteducktail
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mreloc
I'm trying to understand why people would choose 4 jackpoint stands over. let's say, the quickjack https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-4...k=AAAAAAUBAQEB - after you throw in a floor jack to use them, the price is not that much more of a stretch to get greater clearance under the vehicle and from what I can tell, excellent stability/safety. I don't think storage space would be much different either, seeing as you can flatten the quickjacks and hang them on a wall, then store the pump mechanism somewhere. Once initial assembly is out of the way, getting the car in the air with quickjack might be faster, and in a tight garage space, room to pump a floor jack handle can be an issue.
Yes, you make several excellent points for why I went with the Quickjack 5000 for my one car garage. There's no room for a long jack handle at the side of the car, and storage of the quickjack is just like you described. I can have all four wheels off my 991 in less than 30 minutes, from turning off the ignition key to having wheels stacked on the floor.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:50 AM
vwduud
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche42
Yikes I can't believe the OP left the center lock mechanism on the ground to collect dirt.
I actually threw them in the sand prior to reinstallation.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:33 PM
DoubleDare
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vwduud

LOL! I usually soak mine in corn syrup for awhile before I do that. Sometimes (but not always) add some marshmallow sauce and jimmies too.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:51 PM
Nm2far
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Anyone know a good high quality compact scissors jack that could be used with these? I think this might be the right solution for jacking a CL for plugging access on road trips
Old 06-07-2018, 09:01 AM
911BOSS
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Nm2far
Anyone know a good high quality compact scissors jack that could be used with these? I think this might be the right solution for jacking a CL for plugging access on road trips
This one will fit in the frunk and not rattle around.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/97-05-Porsc...gAAOSwWw1bC1TF
Old 06-07-2018, 03:23 PM
porsche42
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vwduud

LOL Sorry couldn't resist the comment. When I took off mine there is a lot of grease on them and was uber careful handling them.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:47 PM
vwduud
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche42
LOL Sorry couldn't resist the comment...
Is a common affliction here on RL; inability to "resist". I've gotten used to sifting though all of the BS to find the useful content on this forum (maybe 10%). Feel good though, as your comment falls in the upper 90%!

"I don't have anything of value to share on this topic. Guess I'll make some other irrelevant comment or poke fun at someone else's interests. I have to post something or it will just kill me!"
Old 07-11-2018, 03:41 AM
Old Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a set of 4. Bought a couple of years ago; delivery no issue. Have the Porsche top adapters, but also use them with slot adapter pucks (Amazon - cheap) for our V50 and BMW rectangular pucks (Amazon - cheap) for our M3. They work just fine. That said, fast forward to today I'd buy a QuickJack (spelling?). Since I have the means to lift our cars and garage space for jacks with their handles, I can't bring myself to buy a new system. Maybe later....
Old 07-05-2020, 01:07 AM
Old Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I just spent a day with the V50 up in the air for a tire rotation and oil/filter change. To make room on each side I had to move two garaged cars (the 911 and the +8) outside. This is to say: it takes having a two car garage to use the Jack Points. I have two huge wood blocks about 4-5 inches that allow me to raise a side, block it, then raise the other side and in theory have the car fully up on four JackPoint stands without tipping the car over left or right (OK, I'm exaggerating). In the end I simply didn't do it. I swapped tires back/front on one side at a time using my jacks...then put the car onto my ramps for the oil/filter change. The JackPoints, notwithstanding my success with them various times, simply seem a bit old-school compared to what a Quick Jack offers. That said, the two can be compatible: raise the car with the Quick Jack and then move in the JackPoints to securely and for sure have the car up safely. For SURE they appear much studier than the Quick Jack - in appearance, and at least for me, psychologically.
Old 07-05-2020, 01:19 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 767 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Guy
I just spent a day with the V50 up in the air for a tire rotation and oil/filter change. To make room on each side I had to move two garaged cars (the 911 and the +8) outside. This is to say: it takes having a two car garage to use the Jack Points. I have two huge wood blocks about 4-5 inches that allow me to raise a side, block it, then raise the other side and in theory have the car fully up on four JackPoint stands without tipping the car over left or right (OK, I'm exaggerating). In the end I simply didn't do it. I swapped tires back/front on one side at a time using my jacks...then put the car onto my ramps for the oil/filter change. The JackPoints, notwithstanding my success with them various times, simply seem a bit old-school compared to what a Quick Jack offers. That said, the two can be compatible: raise the car with the Quick Jack and then move in the JackPoints to securely and for sure have the car up safely. For SURE they appear much studier than the Quick Jack - in appearance, and at least for me, psychologically.
Sometimes manufactured items are stronger than they look.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:58 PM
Kelsey
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I’ve got two sets of Jackpoint jacks; those guys were great to deal with. Just give them a call. I did a few years back and they were very helpful.

Originally Posted by mikex25
When I emailed jack point to get on the list, I never got a response. So I went with a different company that basically does the same thing but with a different design. The wait time for this was around a week, not too bad and does the job.

https://safejacks.com/products/2-pac...d-by-safe-jack
The following users liked this post:
wdr911 (07-06-2020)

Quick Reply: Jackpoint Jack Stands