Sponsored by:

530WHP 991.2 BOOSTADDICT STAGE 1 REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 10:43 PM
Mr. Big
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive
I call BS. I'm an adult, and if I wanted to get him to move, I'd threaten legal action with my attorney, the BBB, the FTC, and the attorney general's office in his area.

I would NOT suggest my car belongs to my Dad to get him to "hurry up."

I don't know who would think of that as a tactic to speed the process along, other than I don't know....someone who really is tuning Daddy's car???

By the way, I keep coming back to this forum specifically to read this thread. Pure entertainment.
^^^ Yeah, what he said.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:50 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,034 Likes on 655 Posts

This thread would not have existed if the OP had considered the advice offered by one rennlister - namely - the Porsche X51 powerkit.

His S would have gained a genuine 30HP and 50Nm of torque across the curve. Moreover, it seamlessly interfaces with PDK - SC - PTVE. No CELs, no blown engine, no warranty denial.

Job done.

The reality is most tuner numbers are fantasy numbers from happy dynos. Simply give before and after proof e.g. baseline run, followed by post tune run done on the same car on the same day, on the same dyno. Publish the run sheets. Very simple to do yet seemingly so hard to achieve. If they can't provide this most basic information - they are not worth dealing with.

Tuning is actually very simple, advance/pull timing plus decrease/increase AFR and with turbos, dial up boost. Without a before tune dyno pull and an after tune dyno pull - the numbers are meaningless. The delta in both torque and HP is what matters and even more importantly where this occurs and over what rev range (with high end modern NA cars, tuning or changes in headers often achieves vary little and can even result in a decrease in performance).

All tuners do is dial everything up until the knock threshold is reached and then pull things back for a specifc fuel or fuel blend.

This is all they do - oh and if you have to remove your ECU, your warranty is gone.

Most people would gain far, far more from high performance driving lessons (e.g. track coaching).

Last edited by groundhog; 05-29-2018 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:03 PM
Ccpecot
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry but I have to say that I can’t get over the entertainment on this thread:-)
I’m not looking to argue either way, but I’m having a hard time with both sides here. I wouldn’t use this guy as a vendor, but also find the OP’s rationale/responses interesting to say the least. My assumption is there’s a bit of dishonesty and “in over our head” on both sides. It’s unfortunate that situations happen when cars are involved. Anyway, I hope that the OP gets this sorted out. My 2 cents:-)

Last edited by Ccpecot; 05-29-2018 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Corrected sentence.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:21 PM
achtung6
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Aren't these cars fast enough?? These two bit tunes that F*CK everything up and put more stress and potential engine issues long term, not to mention VOID warranty. Have fun!

I thought the .2's are torque monsters and the fastest thing since the space shuttle?
I have to admit that I'm very happy with the performance of my car. I can't imagine wanting more performance for street duty. I can't imagine the frustration the O.P. must be feeling right now with a brand new car he should be enjoying the heck out of. In my opinion, these machines are very well built and thought out and some really smart people back in Germany put a lot of time and effort into making them what they are. I can't imagine how a small volume tuner is going to understand how and where in terms of hardware and code to fully outsmart the folks and not just in making the car generate greater power numbers on the dyno but a tune that provides the safety that the factory tune delivers. I believe that in order to do this, you need to be prevy to all of the code in the engine management computer. No one but Porsche has that.

I wish the O.P. luck in sorting his car out. It does seem a shame to take a brand new car and turn it over to folks who could be producing a product that could cause engine damage by running the car too lean, etc. I would hate to be the person who buys his car second hand without knowing this was done to it at 900 miles from new.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:23 PM
Gh0st0
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

This is great, thank you OP and your dads car.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:25 AM
Mr. Big
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by soler18

to make him move his *** since he promised me 24hour turn around and it took an entire month for him to send my parts back I got nervous and told him to hurry up because it’s my dads car. then he says I rushed him, I guess he shouldn’t have said 24hour less than a week at most turn around I guess an entire month is rushing him. No he was not prepared and the car is still not done correctly after a month.
According to your first post, you told him you needed it done soon because you had to turn in the BMW. And kudos to your 87-year-old dad... I hope to be shooting real bullets when I'm 67.
Old 05-30-2018, 03:11 AM
13mit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny5Alive
I call BS. I'm an adult, and if I wanted to get him to move, I'd threaten legal action with my attorney, the BBB, the FTC, and the attorney general's office in his area.

I would NOT suggest my car belongs to my Dad to get him to "hurry up."

I don't know who would think of that as a tactic to speed the process along, other than I don't know....someone who really is tuning Daddy's car???

By the way, I keep coming back to this forum specifically to read this thread. Pure entertainment.
This. Who the hell uses their dad as an excuse to get a business to expedite their process?
Thread of the year though, all thanks to OP's dad.
Old 05-30-2018, 03:22 AM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Its totally the dads car. I'd bet the OP to put $500 on the line and show proof of registration/ownership.

All the telltale signs point to a kid behind the scenes.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:48 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
It's not just him. This username will be banned anytime now. I really thought my contributions as R_Rated would have added value... especially the real world testing and reviews of products. But apparently, advertising money and pushing the newest Porsche product is better financially for this outlet.
I felt like your contributions did add real value, but if/when you make it back, I hope you can realize that some people have thinner skins than maybe they could, and also get a little better at figuring out when it’s time to give something a rest so that we can enjoy your continued contributions without getting banned again.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:12 AM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,277 Likes on 766 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Yes but you clearly are not getting the priceless value of beating some kid in a bimmer at the light Saturday night.
The tuners seem to get it...
Old 05-30-2018, 09:58 AM
feh
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

How did they manage to crack the 991.2’s ECU? I thought it was encrypted?
Old 05-30-2018, 12:02 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

https://www.************.com/content.php?

Name:  photo758.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  841.4 KB

I'm surprised Porsche doesn't try and stop Sticky from using the trademarked name???

Funny post by Mr. Sticky. He loves the .1 owners. Lol. Wonder why?? Can't sell them any BOOST.

Name:  photo642.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  1.09 MB

Last edited by STG; 05-30-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:08 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by feh

They have an unemployed millennial gamer working on it in their parents basement as we speak.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:50 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,351 Likes on 761 Posts

Originally Posted by feh
They didn't just "crack it" they exploded it. If they had figured it out we would be seeing all the posts about the gains.

I have a lot of respect for the quality tuners. The work it takes to build a tune that makes a Porsche better not different is painstaking. The real good tuners like Cobb don't dump product on the market and hope for the best test results. Lots of R&D and why not these are expensive cars and Porsche are demanding owners.

This whole "Sticky" situation was an Abbott and Costello "Who's on First" routine.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:54 PM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Only this guy is more delusional:

Attachment 1282392

West Broward Porsche has one of those oddly accessorized 2017's that they can't give away. It's been on their lot forever, and is currently marked down $20K. The reason nobody wants it must be that it is a PDK.

Quick Reply: 530WHP 991.2 BOOSTADDICT STAGE 1 REVIEW