Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 10:37 PM
kennypowers
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AnandN

All wrong. Well MT is good.
Alcantara sucks.
Turbo S wheels are a PITA to clean. And they cost money upfront.
4-ways seats offer no thigh support.
sport chrono dials in red??
carbon fiber interior trim?
GR will attract lots of attention and is more orange than red like CR.
It is your pick. You are supposed to like it not us.
ha, personal tastes are so unique.

i literally disagree on everything you said except manual lol.

different strokes. I love this build and love my 4 way seats. Personally they feel identical to the 18 ways to me and the standard 14 ways are terrible imo.

4 or 18 ways were a must have for me.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:46 PM
subwoofer
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by MIKELOWREY1988
Thanks for the feedback. I did notice the carbon fiber piece does blend in with the all the black trim. If you were in my shoes, how would you do it? Again, first P-car so that's why I'm here for suggestions.
OK you asked so here is what I would pick. I will leave out color recommendations because that is a personal preference.
-Standard wheels with five lugs. Much better than center lock wheels which are a pain in the ***. Free option. Colors you choose for the wheels based on exterior color.
-18-way seats. Very comfortable for the average build with thigh and shoulder support. If you like, you can add ventilation. If you add premium package, you get heated seats etc.
-Full leather instead of alcantara. If you like alcantara that is different. I don’t and if you want second opinions, check out videos by Nick Murray. He has a bunch of youtube videos and one in particular about various 911 models and options and another one specifically about alcantara. I checked out Alcantara and it did not apeal at all. So got full leather in my C4S.
-front axle lift. I think a must for GTS models with the aggressive front fascia.
Other options depend upon how much you want to spend. Would you like a glass sunroof, a metal one or none? If you plan to track your car maybe add rear axle steer. I couldn’t notice it in street driving. Not a must have. PDCC will give you adjustable rollbars. Some folks swear by them but others don’t. I don’t think they are worth it. Ceramic brakes. Very expensive option and IMO not worth it. Standard brakes are very strong and cheaper to replace. Sound system and interior decorative bits are to personal taste.
You get lots of standard features in the GTS such as SC, SE, SPASM etc so it is good right out of the box with the MT. Just needs better seats. You can’t get adaptive cruise with the MT and you don’t need the lane change assist either if you know how to adjust your mirrors.
One can go crazy woth options and turn a 125k car into a 160k one but for little benefit that you can discern. And options don’t do much for resale either especially the exotic ones like carbon fiber trim or steering wheel in deviated stitching. Or for that matter 5k audio systems in a sports car. IMO of course.

Old 05-22-2018, 11:03 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

PM'd.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:55 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MIKELOWREY1988
You guys are awesome. Thank you for the kind feedback. I'll put all the suggestions together and reconfigure. My goal is to keep it as simple as possible and just enjoy this thing. Anyone has 4 way seats and can comment further on it? Thanks.
Sufficient.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:32 PM
Soapman72
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My thoughts on the 4 way sport seats plus are as follows: Sit in them. If you like them then get them. They are the same seat as the 18 ways minus a few adjustments. Remember, if the seats fit your body as configured in the 4 way version, it is a 50/50 chance that adjusting further will actually make you less comfortable. You MAY find a slightly more comfortable position as compared to the 4 way seats, but other than squeezing the bolsters (which most of us don't do because they are already narrow) or lengthening the bottom cushion for really tall drivers, there isn't much of value there. The 4 way seats are also considerably lighter than the 18 way.

Quick Reply: FIRST PORSCHE