Sponsored by:

Buying 2014 Carrera 4S

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 11:07 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmesa
Congrats. If you purchased from a non-Porsche dealer, the existing CPO warranty would have been voided by the sale.
Not true.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:32 AM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 134 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! All those options included makes it a much better buy...

Nino - I was also under the impression that CPOs die at non-Porsche dealers. Where are you getting your info? Is there a way around this without having to put one over on Porsche NA?

See here: https://www.porsche.com/usa/approved...ures/warranty/
  • 2 Years / Unlimited Mileage Warranty coverage from the expiration of the new vehicle limited warranty or the date of sale if the new vehicle limited warranty has expired**
**This new warranty does not apply to vehicles sold as CPO prior to December 1, 2017 or vehicles with an existing 2 year/100,000 mileage warranty while still covered under the new vehicle limited warranty. This warranty is not valid if sold by any non-authorized commercial dealer or broker. If this vehicle is traded to a non-authorized Porsche dealer or broker for resale purposes, the Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty is void.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:44 AM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by ENCT
Sorry I was not aware of the OP's financial situation nor the budget for his car, I will make sure I reach out to you prior to any further posts to make sure I do not make the same mistake twice.
Eric
Please do.

I reacted that way because the OP's original post said, "I am not so much into buying a new car with high depreciation in first few years and this is my Toy, no reason to spend toooo much $$."
So he's saying he doesn't want a car that's too new or too much money (i.e. a lot more than the "high 80s" he specified). I surmised that a 2017 car like yours, for over 30% more was both. Hence there could be no real reason to post about your own car other than as a hijack/advertisement.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. GLWS. GT Silver is a great color.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:15 AM
phs0316
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mgordon18
Congrats on the purchase! All those options included makes it a much better buy...

Nino - I was also under the impression that CPOs die at non-Porsche dealers. Where are you getting your info? Is there a way around this without having to put one over on Porsche NA?

See here: https://www.porsche.com/usa/approved...ures/warranty/
  • 2 Years / Unlimited Mileage Warranty coverage from the expiration of the new vehicle limited warranty or the date of sale if the new vehicle limited warranty has expired**
**This new warranty does not apply to vehicles sold as CPO prior to December 1, 2017 or vehicles with an existing 2 year/100,000 mileage warranty while still covered under the new vehicle limited warranty. This warranty is not valid if sold by any non-authorized commercial dealer or broker. If this vehicle is traded to a non-authorized Porsche dealer or broker for resale purposes, the Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty is void.
That's Really Interesting.. you may be right since it is stated on their webpage; however, I purchased from individual dealer. so not sure how they determines commercial dealer or broker vs individual. anyway, when I call up Porsche Dealer here, they said the car is still CPO and still under warranty until 2020 as stated on their system.

hopefully this works out for me : (
Old 05-23-2018, 01:22 AM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Technically the CPO warranty dies if it's sold by a non Porsche dealer. If it's sold privately from owner to buyer the CPO remains in tact.

Porsche NA will not know if the car has been sold unless somebody checks on their end... Which they never really have a reason to.

When you bring in your car to the dealer for warranty work and the Porsche Service Advisor notices the CPO is not in your name they will tell you it's technically not supposed to be valid but they'll give you a wink wink and let it slide. They love that Porsche warranty $$ they're about to make off fixing your car.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:05 AM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Nino
Technically the CPO warranty dies if it's sold by a non Porsche dealer. If it's sold privately from owner to buyer the CPO remains in tact.

Porsche NA will not know if the car has been sold unless somebody checks on their end... Which they never really have a reason to.

When you bring in your car to the dealer for warranty work and the Porsche Service Advisor notices the CPO is not in your name they will tell you it's technically not supposed to be valid but they'll give you a wink wink and let it slide. They love that Porsche warranty $$ they're about to make off fixing your car.
The original poster said he was offered a $5500 extended warranty, so safe to assume it was purchased from a dealer. Therefore it is very much true that the warranty is voided. Whether or not a Porsche dealer knows that and denies a warranty claim has nothing to do with if my statement is true or false - it simply means someone got lucky if they get warranty work done despite the CPO warranty being voided.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:22 AM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 345 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by mgordon18
Please do.

I reacted that way because the OP's original post said, "I am not so much into buying a new car with high depreciation in first few years and this is my Toy, no reason to spend toooo much $$."
So he's saying he doesn't want a car that's too new or too much money (i.e. a lot more than the "high 80s" he specified). I surmised that a 2017 car like yours, for over 30% more was both. Hence there could be no real reason to post about your own car other than as a hijack/advertisement.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. GLWS. GT Silver is a great color.
Hence my highjack comment, and I suppose in the grand scheme of things a option for the OP. To many people like to make comments instead of moving on. Now this thread is about CPO rules and regulations. OP purchased the car so at this point it's his to deal with.
* I agree on GT Silver
Have a nice day,
Eric
Old 05-23-2018, 11:30 AM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ENCT
Hence my highjack comment, and I suppose in the grand scheme of things a option for the OP. To many people like to make comments instead of moving on. Now this thread is about CPO rules and regulations. OP purchased the car so at this point it's his to deal with.
* I agree on GT Silver
Have a nice day,
Eric
In regards to this thread being about CPO rules and regulations - it is not a result of people making comments instead of moving on. It is contributing to the community to educate new owners and users on things that can become important in their ownership. The CPO topic always creates a long debate, because everything thinks they know something others don't, but for the most part those repeat owners are well aware CPO should not transfer for non-Porsche dealer sales but many have slipped under the radar in the past.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:33 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by phs0316
Thanks for all opinion and offering help too

I end up getting that car today.. so the story is...

it is White with black interior w/26k miles

- Ceramic Brake
- Sport Seat Plus w/ too many ways adjustable
- Chrono
- Sport package
- Full leather with alcantara headliner
- PDK
- Sunroof
-SPASM

and so on..with few other options that I didnt care for but it actually had exact option as I wanted..

anyway.. I paid for 88k, and these guys tried to sell me extended warranty for 5.5k which I though could worth it but well... I did some research

and found out that this car is CPO until 2020. so I was happy to pull the trigger and I feel like here in Seattle, WA car seems to be bit more expensive than most other states.

NOW I have to take my car in for service to fix few minor stuffs

- squicky arm rest
- some how this strange whistle noise is coming from front of the car.. randomly on and off.. and it more sounds like A/C noise but it is still there even I turn off A/C..
- Minor peel on sport steering.. I was surprised that this silver is actually painted plastic... could have used damn aluminum...

anyway... I am happy so far.. I like the way N/A drives.. my wife has 2017 S6 with stage 1.. and this 911 is not as quick as S6 but I like how they gradually build up the power unlike S6..

THANKS!!! see you guys more in here!!!
Congrats!!!! Post pics of it when you get a chance.

Quick Reply: Buying 2014 Carrera 4S