Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 4S - Eurocharged (2018) ECU Map - Any Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 04:40 PM
SZ335
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone, I’m the new guy at Eurocharged and was the one who talked to the OP. I might have gotten a bit ahead of myself, I know we have the ability to tune Porsches via OBD, but was unaware that we may or may not have the files available for it. We’re going to give it a shot as I told OP earlier when I called him. If it does work, then great, but if not, just going to refund OP and then get to work on cracking these ECUs so that hopefully soon y’all won’t have to remove the ECUs on these cars to get them tuned. Hopefully it works, if not, my apologies for getting you guys excited.
I will keep you all posted on any developments!
Thank you!
Solomon
Old 05-21-2018, 04:53 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you have any photos of your handheld device?
Old 05-21-2018, 08:32 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 782 Likes on 455 Posts

Sub'ed. Lets see what happens. Fingers crossed no brick...
Old 05-21-2018, 08:57 PM
///M3THOD
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

OP, I would do a little more research on this before potentially causing yourself a headache or issue.

I'd be very cautious doing this to my car on a purely experimental basis. Theres tuners who have been working since the release of the 991.2 and new Siemens ECU for the ability to OBDII flash it and it still has not been accomplished by some of the most respected tuners in the industry.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:57 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 636 Likes on 347 Posts

m3thod is correct. Cobb and every other tuner in the world has been working for YEARS to crack the code and they cannot. Why on earth does Eurocharged think they can do it? Have they ever done it? The answer is 100% NO. So, there is no way I would be the guinea pig for this when everyone knows it hasn't been done yet. If it could, then we would all be using Eurocharged.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:52 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
m3thod is correct. Cobb and every other tuner in the world has been working for YEARS to crack the code and they cannot. Why on earth does Eurocharged think they can do it? Have they ever done it? The answer is 100% NO. So, there is no way I would be the guinea pig for this when everyone knows it hasn't been done yet. If it could, then we would all be using Eurocharged.
I have a feeling it's confusion on the new guy's part. I'm not sure why there's even any confusion at this part, he should have double and triple checked with his guys that know what's possible and what's not and settled it already. I love their tunes and the guys at the local Eurocharged shop are amazing, but c'mon, you can't sell a guy something that doesn't exist.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:57 AM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd be all in if it was called 'Muricacharged
Old 05-22-2018, 07:54 AM
MoreSpeed
AutoX

This thread is a perfect example of why car owners and enthusiasts should join a community forum like this.

With the percentage scale leaning towards impossible, and with adding additional risk to the car (which is 2 weeks old)... I’m going to pass on being the test subject. Sorry for any of you who were rolling the dice on this one.

I’m not even going to open to the box for the flash loader, so they can repurpose it for another user. Shipping it back tomorrow. I’m a nice guy.

Easy mistake by a sales rep at EuroCharged, so no harm no foul I guess other then getting a few people excited for no reason.
Could have been bad if it locked the ecu or caused some engine error codes to show. Luckily because of you forum buddies, I’m not taking the advice of the vendor at this time(which could have had a negative outcome).

I will say that the guys at EuroCharged have been transparent and very easy to work with, so if you don’t mind shipping and ECU check them out.

Thanks everyone for the advice and experience.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:24 PM
MoreSpeed
AutoX

Originally Posted by Nino
I'd be all in if it was called 'Muricacharged
"MERICA" GEAR...

Quick Reply: 991.2 4S - Eurocharged (2018) ECU Map - Any Opinions?