Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   991.2 4S - Eurocharged (2018) ECU Map - Any Opinions? (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1069585-991-2-4s-eurocharged-2018-ecu-map-any-opinions.html)

MoreSpeed 05-18-2018 01:57 PM

991.2 4S - Eurocharged (2018) ECU Map - Any Opinions?

I've been on several forums for my previous cars... This is my first post on Rennlist. HELLO EVERYONE.

Opening the flood gates for options and feedback about ECU Maps/tuning. I did some searching on here and a majority of topics are around the other vendors but I couldn't find anything on Eurocharged.

The car:
2018 Porsche 991.2 (4S)
700 Miles, new car...

Cobb Tuning I've used on many cars, great company: still pending release, may take another month, will require ECU to be shipped

I was looking for a tuned ECU Map to use with a Genius OBD2 and I did not want to ship my ECU anywhere, staying in the car. That being said, looking for moderate (60-100hp/tq) power gains to impact the power band and also see boost increase to 16-18 ft lbs over the 12-14 the car runs at now.

Pricing was good and Eurocharged was very helpful, thus far. I will be updating the car next week.

Anyone on here use Eurocharged ECU Map on a 991.1 or 911.2 yet?

reacher 05-18-2018 06:23 PM

I've got EuroCharged tunes on both my 991.2 GTS and my BMW X5M, and I'm extremely happy with both. You won't be able to put a tune on the car without ripping out the ECU, at least not yet. Even COBB can't do that.

PTS-BRG 05-19-2018 07:43 AM

Hey I am also in CT and getting the COBB tune. So is my buddy and the seller is a Rennlist member as well. If you want to go COBB I think he would give you a great deal along with us for buying 3 tunes at one time. Without any other info, I feel the COBB tune will be the best mainly because they have been working on it and perfecting it for over a year, but time will tell.

reacher 05-19-2018 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG (Post 15020193)
Hey I am also in CT and getting the COBB tune. So is my buddy and the seller is a Rennlist member as well. If you want to go COBB I think he would give you a great deal along with us for buying 3 tunes at one time. Without any other info, I feel the COBB tune will be the best mainly because they have been working on it and perfecting it for over a year, but time will tell.

I think the majority of that time has been spent unsuccessfully trying to crack the ECU so they could flash the tune via the AP without having to pull the ECU first. Looks like that was too hard, so they finally gave up and went to market with what they had. Having to pull the ECU may be the new reality for cars going forward, with stronger and stronger encryption.

soler18 05-19-2018 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG (Post 15020193)

count me in :D

MoreSpeed 05-20-2018 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by reacher (Post 15019330)
I've got EuroCharged tunes on both my 991.2 GTS and my BMW X5M, and I'm extremely happy with both. You won't be able to put a tune on the car without ripping out the ECU, at least not yet. Even COBB can't do that.

So I have the OBD2 handheld on its way, arriving tomorrow. This does not require the removal of the ECU, which was the main reason I went with EuroCharged over Cobb. Also, I contacted Cobb and it’s not available yet for the 2018 911 model so that’s that.
If you are in CT, there is a good tuner in Norwalk ,CT called The Shop.

PTS-BRG 05-20-2018 06:21 PM

Soler: Are you located in the NY/NJ/CT area?

MoreSpeed: Maybe I am mistaken, but NO ONE has been able to crack the code so ALL tuners will require you to send them your ECU to crack.
I had/have the same problem with my AMG Mercedes. You have to send in the ECU and no OBD2 has been able to crack it without doing so.

The COBB tune will be released for 2018 911 models within the next 10 days..

reacher 05-20-2018 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by MoreSpeed (Post 15022707)

So I have the OBD2 handheld on its way, arriving tomorrow. This does not require the removal of the ECU, which was the main reason I went with EuroCharged over Cobb. Also, I contacted Cobb and it’s not available yet for the 2018 911 model so that’s that.
If you are in CT, there is a good tuner in Norwalk ,CT called The Shop.

Eurocharged definitely had to remove the ECU on my 2018 GTS. I'm very curious what's going on with your tune. I'm thinking they are sending you something for another car or something like that.

MoreSpeed 05-20-2018 07:27 PM

EuroCharged confirmed it was for a 2018 911 4S. I will call them tomorrow and see if the person I spoke to was incorrect. The OBD2 they sent arrives tomorrow. Did see too good to be true.
I’ll report back tomorrow.

MoreSpeed 05-21-2018 12:35 PM

I spoke with them again today and they are confident in only needing the flash-loader for the 2018 model as they just did it recently in their shop on a number of 2017 and early model 2018 911s...

The key is early 2018 models which I doubt mine is...
My car may not work but going to test it. Worst case scenario it doesn't work and I ship back the flash-loader at their expense since they sold it to me as a working option.

They are walking me through it over the phone and have been super helpful. The device is arriving today and I will be testing it tonight.

mikex25 05-21-2018 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by MoreSpeed (Post 15024303)
I spoke with them again today and they are confident in only needing the flash-loader for the 2018 model as they just did it recently in their shop on a number of 2017 and early model 2018 911s...

The key is early 2018 models which I doubt mine is...
My car may not work but going to test it. Worst case scenario it doesn't work and I ship back the flash-loader at their expense since they sold it to me as a working option.

They are walking me through it over the phone and have been super helpful. The device is arriving today and I will be testing it tonight.

i have a 17 GTS, do you know if this will work on a GTS or only S? If you can really do it through the obd port, I am so in.

MoreSpeed 05-21-2018 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by mikex25 (Post 15024324)

i have a 17 GTS, do you know if this will work on a GTS or only S? If you can really do it through the obd port, I am so in.

Yes, according to EuroCharged. Give them a call, i just spoke with them 15 mins ago. Office# 713-462-1600

MoreSpeed 05-21-2018 01:15 PM

Anyone know if I should be worried about the OBDII causing my ECU to "brick" ?
Or is that only when they are working with the ECU when it's removed?

MoreSpeed 05-21-2018 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by soler18 (Post 15020319)
count me in :D

I may be in with you guys as well..
*If EuroCharged can't make it happen tonight, I'm returning the flash-loader and will go with the COBB Tune. I am in the Norwalk CT area.

///M3THOD 05-21-2018 02:18 PM

I haven't heard of any flashing through the OBDII port without first physically removing the ECU and having it unlocked. Once its unlocked any handheld will work through the port.

If they can in fact load new maps without first removing and unlocking the ECU they are the only people who can do this. I'm a little suspicious about this since we haven't heard anything about it.

Please let us know how it works out, GL!